Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Florida Times Union - Jaguars Notebook: Mychal Rivera’s injury creating dilemma

Jaguars Notebook: Mychal Rivera’s injury creating dilemma

http://jacksonville.com/sports/jaguars/2...ng-dilemma

When the Jaguars signed Oakland free agent Mychal Rivera on March 22, they envisioned him serving as the “move” tight end in offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett’s system, able to crea

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd think he goes on IR and they go with their BFF Alex Ellis.
Taking it to the top of the Modis building.  

Is Barnidge still a free agent?

BARNKOWSKI TIME!

(08-29-2017, 03:34 PM)Tornadosoul7 Wrote: I'd think he goes on IR and they go with their BFF Alex Ellis.

I agree.  He'll probably go to IR.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-29-2017, 04:08 PM)JagSwag Wrote: Is Barnidge still a free agent?

Yes and I hope we grab him
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(08-29-2017, 05:25 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 04:08 PM)JagSwag Wrote: Is Barnidge still a free agent?

Yes and I hope we grab him

I can't understand why he hasn't already been signed.

Does anyone know why Barnidge wouldn't sign when he visited Jacksonville? I would say that since Rivera won't be playing now, there is justification to make Barnidge an attractive offer. Unless you believe that we are set at tight end. And I don't think the Jags believe it either, else they wouldn't have signed Rivera in the first place. We need a tight end that can get open. Blake needs the help of a good TE.

(09-02-2017, 07:57 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Does anyone know why Barnidge wouldn't sign when he visited Jacksonville? I would say that since Rivera won't be playing now, there is justification to make Barnidge an attractive offer. Unless you believe that we are set at tight end.  And I don't think the Jags believe it either,  else they wouldn't have signed Rivera in the first place. We need a tight end that can get open. Blake needs the help of a good TE.

Yea we need to sign him, Barnidge is a fast TE that can get open, Sterling def doesnt deserve to be on a NFL roster over him
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(09-02-2017, 07:57 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Does anyone know why Barnidge wouldn't sign when he visited Jacksonville? I would say that since Rivera won't be playing now, there is justification to make Barnidge an attractive offer. Unless you believe that we are set at tight end.  And I don't think the Jags believe it either,  else they wouldn't have signed Rivera in the first place. We need a tight end that can get open. Blake needs the help of a good TE.

I'm guessing at this point they're just going to wait until after week 1 to offer him a contract, if they elect to do it.  His contract won't be guaranteed at that point, so they'll be able to move on during the season if they so choose with no real penalty.

(09-02-2017, 08:35 PM)empty Wrote:

I'm guessing at this point they're just going to wait until after week 1 to offer him a contract, if they elect to do it.  His contract won't be guaranteed at that point, so they'll be able to move on during the season if they so choose with no real penalty.

That would be a wise move that would both improve the talent at the position and maintain maximum flexibility.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

There were a few interesting TE's that were released. I believe we should be looking at Larry Donnell, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins and Cole Hikutini. Donnell is an older, reliable veteran who would be a slight upgrade. Sefarian-Jenkins is talented, but I know he will miss a few games due to suspension. If we could get through the suspension, he'd be a big upgrade when he returned. Hikutini is a talented, young player that I believe could really help us. I know he is a bit of a mystery, being a rookie, but I see him as a talented receiver.

(09-02-2017, 09:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There were a few interesting TE's that were released. I believe we should be looking at Larry Donnell, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins and Cole Hikutini. Donnell is an older, reliable veteran who would be a slight upgrade. Sefarian-Jenkins is talented, but I know he will miss a few games due to suspension. If we could get through the suspension, he'd be a big upgrade when he returned. Hikutini is a talented, young player that I believe could really help us. I know he is a bit of a mystery, being a rookie, but I see him as a talented receiver.

AS-J wasn't cut, he was just moved to the suspended list.  He's still on the Jets roster, otherwise I'd be all for bringing him in.  Seems to have earned rave reviews this offseason and gotten his life back on track.

(09-02-2017, 09:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There were a few interesting TE's that were released. I believe we should be looking at Larry Donnell, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins and Cole Hikutini. Donnell is an older, reliable veteran who would be a slight upgrade. Sefarian-Jenkins is talented, but I know he will miss a few games due to suspension. If we could get through the suspension, he'd be a big upgrade when he returned. Hikutini is a talented, young player that I believe could really help us. I know he is a bit of a mystery, being a rookie, but I see him as a talented receiver.

I with you regarding Hikutini. I guess he didn't have any stand-out measurables from his workouts, but his film reveals a very solid TE. 
'02

Wallbash