Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How can a GM who has drafted 3 top 5 bust be considered good?

Bortles, Joeckle, and Fowler are complete bust. All 3 has problems in the mental and physical game. Caldwell needs to get fired along with gus.

This house has termites. Time to tear it all down and start from scratch!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I mean, I can't make an argument to justify keeping him.

Exactly.

He sucks too, the team has very little talent overall, which isn't helped by the fact that they have the worst coach in NFL history...another brilliant pick by Caldwell. 

Yup
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

No argument here - Dave Caldwell is just as much to blame for this dumpster fire of a team as Gus Bradley.  It's time to fire everyone - Dave/Gus, the entire coaching staff, trainers, scouts, complete rebuild from top to bottom.  Only way to get rid of the losing culture.  

Matt Jones is better than any Caldwell first rounder.

Our last 3 GM's can't draft a first round draft pick to save their lives. We are so incompetent
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Last year I would have sworn he'd be here even if Bradley isn't, but considering how bad Fowler is and how Bortles has regressed I can't see a situation where the next regime doesn't either go Coach first with coach picking his GM, or fire Dave and bring in another GM to pick another coach.

Quote:No argument here - Dave Caldwell is just as much to blame for this dumpster fire of a team as Gus Bradley. It's time to fire everyone - Dave/Gus, the entire coaching staff, trainers, scouts, complete rebuild from top to bottom. Only way to get rid of the losing culture.

Bortles is a huge problem. You can see it in the receivers faces. They think he sucks.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Caldwell is trash
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

He literally drafted three players in the top 3 whose strengths did not match what they were drafted for. Joeckel was drafted a pass protector who couldn't even pass protect, Bortles was drafted a quarterback who couldn't even throw the ball, and Fowler was drafted as a pass rusher who couldn't even rush the passer. Joeckel was a good run blocker and a bad pass blocker, Bortles is better with his legs than his arm, and Fowler is better against the run than the pass. And when he made these picks EVERYONE knew this crap but him, with the exception of Joeckel. Get this [BLEEP] out of here!

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

It's even worse when he passed on guys who are faaaaaar superior at the same position.  

Quote:It's even worse when he passed on guys who are faaaaaar superior at the same position.  
Passing on Derek Carr, Vic Beasley, and Khalil Mack will hunt us for years.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

I can't argue this point anymore. I don't know where we go from here. We don't have the legacy to bring in people we need and players know it's a joke to play for us (vacation time). I don't know how we rebound from this cycle we're in.

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Only in Jacksonville can he be considered good. He is a fraud and no good.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I'm still reluctant to call Bortles or Fowler busts until they have a real coaching staff to be properly utilized/developed
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Yeah I've stuck up for Dave but his refusal to get rid of Gus and the meteor crash that is Bortles right now tell be we have to move along without both.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:I'm still reluctant to call Bortles or Fowler busts until they have a real coaching staff to be properly utilized/developed

I agree about Fowler. But Bortles struggles to throw simple passes. He's done.

Quote:I'm still reluctant to call Bortles or Fowler busts until they have a real coaching staff to be properly utilized/developed

Bortles is a QB that can't throw a football, and Fowler is a pass rusher that can't beat OTs. Let's be real here. Vince Lombardi couldn't fix these bums.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!