Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com - Ten things: Jaguars-Falcons

Ten things: Jaguars-Falcons

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...60c481ef64

Senior writer John Oehser’s 10 things to watch when the Jaguars play the Atlanta Falcons at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta Thursday in the 2017 preseason finale

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For me the two biggest things are going to be how Brandon Allen looks and whether or not he earns a roster spot.  Also it will be interesting to see how Jason Meyers does.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm hoping Allen throws 90% of his passes to Westbrook like in Game 2. Dede could break some prestigious Preseason reception records

Of course now there are rumblings of Allen being cut...

I hope he lights it up just so they have to hold onto him...

There is no way he can possibly be that bad in practice lol
it just doesn't seem realistic that he's been such a bad practice player that they held onto him for an entire season plus...
I really don't understand this staff sometimes....... it's like there is so much hype for Allen to get a start, they'll cut him just to give Bortles that much more room.

Blegh.

We're definitely keeping one of the two FBs, and Marquez appears to have the edge there.
'02

Have we definitively heard Blake won't play at all?

(08-30-2017, 03:02 PM)Kane Wrote: Of course now there are rumblings of Allen being cut...

it just doesn't seem realistic that he's been such a bad practice player that they held onto him for an entire season plus...
I really don't understand this staff sometimes....... it's like there is so much hype for Allen to get a start, they'll cut him just to give Bortles that much more room.

Blegh.

I didn't mean to start any "rumblings" of Allen being cut.  There is the possibility that he might end up on the practice squad this season should the team decide to keep only 2 quarterbacks rather than 3.  The thing is (and I could be wrong about this) I do believe that he would have to be released and be on the waiver wire for a day before being signed to the practice squad should that be the direction the team is going.

Will he play well enough to justify releasing Henne?  I doubt it, but you never know.

Again, this is just my speculation thinking that they only keep 2 quarterbacks on the 53 man roster rather than 3.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-30-2017, 03:33 PM)JNev Wrote: Have we definitively heard Blake won't play at all?

All the starters should play 3 quarters. They need all the practice they can get since they've shown no signs of improvement the past 2 preseason games.

(08-30-2017, 03:46 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 03:33 PM)JNev Wrote: Have we definitively heard Blake won't play at all?

All the starters should play 3 quarters. They need all the practice they can get since they've shown no signs of improvement the past 2 preseason games.

That's not happening.

I don't get some people thinking that preseason games == regular season games.  It's not even close.

(08-30-2017, 03:02 PM)Kane Wrote: Of course now there are rumblings of Allen being cut...

Blegh.

They'll cut Allen because they need the roster spot, no other team will sign him, and he can be placed on the practice squad. He's just not all that good.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(08-30-2017, 10:19 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Blegh.

They'll cut Allen because they need the roster spot, no other team will sign him, and he can be placed on the practice squad. He's just not all that good.

I totally disagree and would wager he's claimed immediately if waived.
'02