Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
America is heading for a chicken wing shortage

In the words of Mr Bill......

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

America is heading for a chicken wing shortage

Football fans and tailgaters across America are going to have to find another food to snack on this fall, as we're currently experiencing a chicken wing crisis.

https://www.aol.com/article/lifestyle/20...lp00000058&
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They warned about this last year. Prices have have gone up the past 5 years on wings.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Now this is what you call a national crisis.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 10:49 AM by Caldrac.)

You can buy an eight piece worth of wings from Publix, the Greenwise good brand too and cut them apart from bone to make drum and flats for about $2.50 a pack. That's about 30 cents a wing man. Can't beat that.

I stopped going out and ordering wings awhile back. It's good stuff depending on where you go. Don't get me wrong. I love the roadmaster blend flavor or pitmaster flavor they've got close by at my house from Xtreme Wings. But it'll cost you $20.00 to feed two people for 8 wings a head and a good portion of fries.

A quick trip down the street to Publix and I can buy all of that for essentially half the price at about $10 - $11 bucks depending on your tastes and brands you like. You can always throw some flavors and seasonings on them to your liking too.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Did the article ever say what's causing the wing shortage? If you want wings hell go buy some Popeyes chicken, I swear their chicken has shrunk over the years.

I knew those 4 tons of chicken wings I purchased back in 1982 was going to pay off. Can you say price gouge?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Just in time for football season. Nothing more then a reason to raise prices.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Shouldn't there also be a whole chicken crisis too?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(08-31-2017, 03:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Shouldn't there also be a whole chicken crisis too?

Good Question.........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(08-31-2017, 03:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Shouldn't there also be a whole chicken crisis too?

Limited Supply Conspiracy

Free Market Solution

Push Back
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It's just chicken...  cat tastes the same and is in abundance.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-31-2017, 06:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It's just chicken...  cat tastes the same and is in abundance.

Personally, I find cat a little stringy   Laughing

Nope, there's still plenty around. They just have to walk everywhere.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 10:41 PM by wpbjagsfan.)

Yeah, I still have all this bacon I hoarded during the Great Bacon Shortage... think I'm falling for that crap again....
"I'm gonna have to say NO to the reading of the Latin!"

(08-31-2017, 10:41 PM)wpbjagsfan Wrote: Yeah, I still have all this bacon I hoarded during the Great Bacon Shortage... think I'm falling for that crap again....

I find that with bacon, as with ammo, no matter how much I buy it will never be enough.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-31-2017, 05:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Limited Supply Conspiracy

Free Market Solution

Push Back

Well, I already did my push back when I stopped eating meat. Seriously tho, chicken doesn't taste like anything, wings are all about the rubs and sauces, I swear if you could get the texture right you could fool people with deep fried tofu (blasphemy, I know). I think Chickens redeeming quality is its ability to absorb favors and rubs like no other.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(08-31-2017, 10:41 PM)wpbjagsfan Wrote: Yeah, I still have all this bacon I hoarded during the Great Bacon Shortage... think I'm falling for that crap again....

Bacon used to be considered a nondesirable meat, it was the first true success of marketing (Edward Bernays the father of marketing did it btw): http://www.americantable.org/2012/07/how...breakfast/

Check out that video, its pretty neat. Just flat out lies about bacon being healthier than a light breakfast of fruit and bread, but amazing advertising.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(09-02-2017, 10:59 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 05:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Limited Supply Conspiracy

Free Market Solution

Push Back

Well, I already did my push back when I stopped eating meat. Seriously tho, chicken doesn't taste like anything, wings are all about the rubs and sauces, I swear if you could get the texture right you could fool people with deep fried tofu (blasphemy, I know). I think Chickens redeeming quality is its ability to absorb favors and rubs like no other.

I can absorb a rub pretty good.  Favors too.

(09-02-2017, 11:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 10:59 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Well, I already did my push back when I stopped eating meat. Seriously tho, chicken doesn't taste like anything, wings are all about the rubs and sauces, I swear if you could get the texture right you could fool people with deep fried tofu (blasphemy, I know). I think Chickens redeeming quality is its ability to absorb favors and rubs like no other.

I can absorb a rub pretty good.  Favors too.

Lol, I don't think anyone is going to eat you homebiscuit. But there might be some isolated tribes that disagree.

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017, 01:21 AM by wrong_box.)

(08-31-2017, 08:38 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: They warned about this last year. Prices have have gone up the past 5 years on wings.
No Kidding! In my local grocery stores a family pack of wings is close to $15
(08-31-2017, 12:32 PM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: Did the article ever say what's causing the wing shortage? If you want wings hell go buy some Popeyes chicken, I swear their chicken has shrunk over the years.
I used to work in a Kosher chicken plant...Until recently they never made Kosher wings, they considered the wings as junk, but they have now picked up in popularity and they are selling the [BLEEP] out of them...It hasn't been too terribly long since chicken wings took off in popularity as a whole...They have always sold them but they have become such a huge commodity not only by back yard grillers, but so many wing joints with so many flavors of wings keep popping up that they ( grocery stores and commercial retailer sellers) sell wings very quickly and lots of chicken plants can't fill their orders for wings...
(08-31-2017, 04:04 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [quote='Bchbunnie4' pid='1019733' dateline='1504208124']
Shouldn't there also be a whole chicken crisis too?

They sell chicken by the pound...When grocery stores and retail wholesalers order from chicken plants, they order by the pound...Like ( for example only) they will say we need 2k # of chicken split breasts and 2K # of chicken wings next week...It takes a lot more wings to make up 2k# pounds of wings than 2K # of split breasts