Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Falcons Preseason Game Night Thread***

Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile  Our Jacksonville Jaguars are in Atlanta, Georgia, as they play the Falcons, to conclude their 2017 preseason. A win would even their preseason record at 2-2, both wins on the road.

Jaguars lost to the Falcons 17-15 in their last preseason meeting played at the Georgia Dome, played on September 1, 2016.

Jaguars make the first visit and game at the new $1,6 billion dollar Mercedes Benz Superdome, new home of the Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United soccer team, on tonight's 7:00PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff.

Many of the reserve players, include those on the bubble, have one more game to make the regular season roster tonight, before Jaguars Head Coach Doug Marrone and his coaching staff must do the difficult task to trim their 90 man roster to the 53-man regular season roster by Saturday afternoon at 4:00PM Eastern Standard Time deadline.

No injuries, best of luck to the Jaguars make the final cut, and GO JAGUARS!!!!! Wink Smile Cool Big Grin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

did we win

(08-31-2017, 04:20 AM)haveaseat Wrote: did we win

Win what?

We're dooooooooomed!!

(08-31-2017, 04:20 AM)haveaseat Wrote: did we win

Yes, we always win the offseason.

Not this offseason, Navy. We will not be lifting the cup, and also lost the Ponce de Leon, to the chagrin of the satirical Omaha.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

I'm more excited about this game than any game in a long time just to watch more of Brandon Allen

Does anyone know if Bortles will play at all? I know he didn't last year but those circumstances were quite different (and a different HC)

(08-31-2017, 09:09 AM)JNev Wrote: Does anyone know if Bortles will play at all? I know he didn't last year but those circumstances were quite different (and a different HC)

No one know, Marrone has been deliberately quiet on Bortles' playing time. If he does play it'll one drive or two at the most.

Brandon Allen will end up with 3 TDs tonight.

Keep an eye on the fullbacks, the tight ends, and the kick returners.

Decisions could be made on their fate based on their performance tonight.

Does Shane Wynn beat the odds and make the team?

(08-31-2017, 10:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Keep an eye on the fullbacks, the tight ends, and the kick returners.

I'd take Whynn any day of the week over Greene

(08-31-2017, 11:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 10:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Keep an eye on the fullbacks, the tight ends, and the kick returners.

I'd take Whynn any day of the week over Greene

It could work out that way.

I actually would like to see Dujuan Harris
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I'd like all the announcers and media personnel involved to stop whining about the game and hoping it "hurries up". Let the guys battling for open roster spots (aplenty on the Jags) play football. Football is not around long enough, even a preseason game has some merit.
Taking it to the top of the Modis building.  

I want to see Allen to DeDe again.

I'll be there tonight :-)

Comes down to trading Hurns, cutting wynn, cutting Benn, or keeping 7 wr
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Has Marrone said who is playing yet or is he waiting til the game starts
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 05:45 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(08-31-2017, 09:09 AM)JNev Wrote: Does anyone know if Bortles will play at all? I know he didn't last year but those circumstances were quite different (and a different HC)

Doug Marrone has been watching or working with Blake Bortles on the field for two years. I would not expect an AHC/OLC turned IHC turned HC to have little knowledge about a QB. Also, Doug Marrone has already named Bortles the Week 1 starter, which guarantees #5 will not play in the fourth preseason game because he needs to stay healthy during the next 10 days.

(08-31-2017, 03:03 PM)Tornadosoul7 Wrote: I'd like all the announcers and media personnel involved to stop whining about the game and hoping it "hurries up".  Let the guys battling for open roster spots (aplenty on the Jags) play football.  Football is not around long enough, even a preseason game has some merit.

Hurrying up is part of playing football. Rookies and backups need to practice situations like two-minute drills at game speed.