Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Falcons Preseason Game Night Thread***

[Image: giphy.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-31-2017, 04:10 PM)realtorpat Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 10:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Keep an eye on the fullbacks, the tight ends, and the kick returners.

Decisions could be made on their fate based on their performance tonight.

Does Shane Wynn beat the odds and make the team?

Comes down to trading Hurns, cutting Wynn, cutting Benn, or keeping 7 wr

What about coming down to cutting Greene, Wynn, or someone I don't know about? (I can't watch preseason games.) Benn was re-signed mostly for what he does on special teams. It is also possible we cut both Greene and Wynn if both players are terrible. However I would not expect this because we need 6 wide receivers.

Bortles out tonight

Other offensive players not expected to play for the Jaguars Thursday:

Wide receivers Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson, Arrelious Benn, Keelan Cole, Allen Hurns and Rashad Greene Sr.; tight ends Marcedes Lewis and Mychal Rivera; running backs T.J. Yeldon, Leonard Fournette, Corey Grant and Chris Ivory; center Brandon Linder; right tackle Jermey Parnell; left tackles Cam Robinson and Josh Wells; and fullback Marquez Williams.

Defensive players not expected to play for the Jaguars Thursday:

Cornerbacks Jalen Ramsey, A.J. Bouye and Doran Grant; free safety Tashaun Gipson; strong safety Barry Church; linebackers Myles Jack, Telvin Smith and Josh McNary; middle linebacker Paul Posluszny; defensive ends Dante Fowler Jr., Yannick Ngakoue, Calais Campbell and Dawuane Smoot; nose tackle Abry Jones and defensive tackle Malik Jackson.

Notable players expected to play include starting right guard A.J. Cann and Luke Bowanko and Patrick Omameh; Cann struggled in a Preseason Week 3 loss to Carolina and Bowanko and Omameh are competing at left guard. Rookie wide receiver Dede Westbrook also played, as did nickel corner Aaron Colvin – who missed the first three preseason games while returning from injury.

(08-31-2017, 06:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bortles out tonight

Wide receivers Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson, Arrelious Benn, Keelan Cole, Allen Hurns and Rashad Greene Sr.; tight ends Marcedes Lewis and Mychal Rivera; running backs T.J. Yeldon, Leonard Fournette, Corey Grant and Chris Ivory; center Brandon Linder; right tackle Jermey Parnell; left tackles Cam Robinson and Josh Wells; and fullback Marquez Williams.

Cornerbacks Jalen Ramsey, A.J. Bouye and Doran Grant; free safety Tashaun Gipson; strong safety Barry Church;  linebackers Myles Jack, Telvin Smith and Josh McNary; middle linebacker Paul Posluszny; defensive ends Dante Fowler Jr., Yannick Ngakoue, Calais Campbell and Dawuane Smoot;  nose tackle Abry Jones and defensive tackle Malik Jackson.

Notable players expected to play include starting right guard A.J. Cann and Luke Bowanko and Patrick Omameh; Cann struggled in a Preseason Week 3 loss to Carolina and Bowanko and Omameh are competing at left guard. Rookie wide receiver Dede Westbrook also played, as did nickel corner Aaron Colvin – who missed the first three preseason games while returning from injury.

Two interesting things stand out to me.

1. Dede Westbrook is going to play, so his presence on the final 53 roster could be a question mark.

2. Aaron Colvin not being listed with the inactives is kind of puzzling.  Perhaps they want a look at him in other roles/spots other than nickel?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bortles and Henne both not playing.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-31-2017, 06:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Cornerbacks Jalen Ramsey, A.J. Bouye and Doran Grant; free safety Tashaun Gipson; strong safety Barry Church;  linebackers Myles Jack, Telvin Smith and Josh McNary; middle linebacker Paul Posluszny; defensive ends Dante Fowler Jr., Yannick Ngakoue, Calais Campbell and Dawuane Smoot;  nose tackle Abry Jones and defensive tackle Malik Jackson.

1. Dede Westbrook is going to play, so his presence on the final 53 roster could be a question mark.

2. Aaron Colvin not being listed with the inactives is kind of puzzling.  Perhaps they want a look at him in other roles/spots other than nickel?

Or maybe they want him to get more offensive reps and kick/punt returns because they intend to include him in gameplans early in the regular season.

(08-31-2017, 06:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

1 .This is a dumb take.  Westbrook is a lock to make the roster.  They know him and Allen have a chemistry together, they have to give Allen someone to throw to and comfortable with.  Give him a fair chance to see what he can do.

2.  Colvin hasn't played yet in the preseason, im sure they would like to get him some reps before the regular season games start to wear off some of the rust

(08-31-2017, 06:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 06:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Two interesting things stand out to me.

1. Aaron Colvin not being listed with the inactives is kind of puzzling.  Perhaps they want a look at him in other roles/spots other than nickel?

2.  Colvin hasn't played yet in the preseason, im sure they would like to get him some reps before the regular season games start to wear off some of the rust

Exactly.

Why isn't Smoot playing? He needs the repetitions no matter where coaches want to put him on the depth chart.

Almost time for kickoff. I know wins and losses don't count, but really hope we do what it takes to win at the new Mercedez-Benz Stadium!

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 07:05 PM by NH3.)

ATL has an Awesome stadium.

NH3...

Is it possible that Allen Hurns won't be on the 53 Man Roster against the Texans?

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-31-2017, 06:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 06:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Two interesting things stand out to me.

1 .This is a dumb take.  Westbrook is a lock to make the roster.  They know him and Allen have a chemistry together, they have to give Allen someone to throw to and comfortable with.  Give him  a fair chance to see what he can do.

1.  I don't think it's a dumb take at all.  IF he is on the final 53 it will be because of punt/kickoff return duties.  There is a good chance that he could end up being a practice squad player unless he stands out in special teams.

(08-31-2017, 06:09 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 04:10 PM)realtorpat Wrote: Comes down to trading Hurns, cutting Wynn, cutting Benn, or keeping 7 wr

What about coming down to cutting Greene, Wynn, or someone I don't know about? (I can't watch preseason games.) Benn was re-signed mostly for what he does on special teams. It is also possible we cut both Greene and Wynn if both players are terrible. However I would not expect this because we need 6 wide receivers.

There are six without them... 1. ARob 2. Hurns 3. Lee 4. Benn 5. Dede 6. Cole

'02

So the local CBS station here owns a subchannel, and they bury the Jaguars on there. I turned it on, and there's a special about Princess Diana instead, along with a "signal issues" scroll bar.

I think God is trying to spare me the Brandon Allen show.

4WR shotgun set on 1st

Bohanon not exactly making his case w/ the hold

Nice hit by Blair Brown

(08-31-2017, 07:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 4WR shotgun set on 1st

Bohanon not exactly making his case w/ the hold

Nice hit by Blair Brown

Meanwhile in Tallahassee, I'm watching a show about Lincoln Logs with a crawler apologizing for signal issues receiving the Jaguars game.

I think they're secretly doing this on purpose, because shows about Lincoln Logs get higher ratings here.

Who is Harper?
'02

(08-31-2017, 07:05 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 06:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 1 .This is a dumb take.  Westbrook is a lock to make the roster.  They know him and Allen have a chemistry together, they have to give Allen someone to throw to and comfortable with.  Give him  a fair chance to see what he can do.

1.  I don't think it's a dumb take at all.  IF he is on the final 53 it will be because of punt/kickoff return duties.  There is a good chance that he could end up being a practice squad player unless he stands out in special teams.

Lol, he won't get put on the practice squad and he isn't on the team because of punt/kr duties.  He is the Biletkinoff Award winner and will see time on the field.  He's a lock, there is no if he will make the team

Looked like Pullard's helmet got a piece of the kid Harper's helmet to me.

Leaving on the back board for precaution of concussion or neck injury.

The signal cuts in, and the first thing seen is an unidentified Jaguar on the ground surrounded by medics.

Who is it?