Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Falcons Preseason Game Night Thread***

Correction: Looks more like it was Blair Brown's knee that hit Harpers helmet. Both coming at the returner at high speed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 07:19 PM by Bullseye.)

(08-31-2017, 06:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 06:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bortles out tonight

Other offensive players not expected to play for the Jaguars Thursday:

Wide receivers Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson, Arrelious Benn, Keelan Cole, Allen Hurns and Rashad Greene Sr.; tight ends Marcedes Lewis and Mychal Rivera; running backs T.J. Yeldon, Leonard Fournette, Corey Grant and Chris Ivory; center Brandon Linder; right tackle Jermey Parnell; left tackles Cam Robinson and Josh Wells; and fullback Marquez Williams.

Defensive players not expected to play for the Jaguars Thursday:

Cornerbacks Jalen Ramsey, A.J. Bouye and Doran Grant; free safety Tashaun Gipson; strong safety Barry Church;  linebackers Myles Jack, Telvin Smith and Josh McNary; middle linebacker Paul Posluszny; defensive ends Dante Fowler Jr., Yannick Ngakoue, Calais Campbell and Dawuane Smoot;  nose tackle Abry Jones and defensive tackle Malik Jackson.

Notable players expected to play include starting right guard A.J. Cann and Luke Bowanko and Patrick Omameh; Cann struggled in a Preseason Week 3 loss to Carolina and Bowanko and Omameh are competing at left guard. Rookie wide receiver Dede Westbrook also played, as did nickel corner Aaron Colvin – who missed the first three preseason games while returning from injury.

Two interesting things stand out to me.

1. Dede Westbrook is going to play, so his presence on the final 53 roster could be a question mark.

The only way I see this as a possibility is if there's some off field stuff we don't know about.

On field, he's performed as well as any of our WRs.

Hope he's alright.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Thumbs Up 

He gave a thumbs up.
'02

Kelvin Taylor, Fred Taylor's son is playing for ATL.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 07:21 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

The 2 games he played in he was a beast and was leading the preseason in receiving. If it was something that bad off the field I doubt he would be playing tonight

(08-31-2017, 07:20 PM)NH3 Wrote: Kelvin Taylor, Fred Taylor's son is playing for ATL.

NH3...

Florida Gator

2nd team defense looking hungry

Sent from my RCT6203W46 using Tapatalk
Signature goes here.

(08-31-2017, 07:21 PM)TheBigDawg Wrote: 2nd team defense looking hungry

Sent from my RCT6203W46 using Tapatalk

Everybody playing is hungry

NH3...
"AZANE"

Gonna be a lot of yellow on the field tonight
Signature goes here.

Yeah. DeDe is going to be one of the six WRs on this roster.

Greene, Wynn, and maybe Cole are the guys on the bubble right now IMO.

I bet he plays two series and gets pulled tonight.

Being Cole not playing I would say he is a lock to make the team as well

The lighting on the field looks amazing

I hate this "refresh" - can't read previous posts without it scrolling down. Is there a way to turn it off?

Nice roll out by Allen.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Hard count?
Signature goes here.

(08-31-2017, 07:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Being Cole not playing I would say he is a lock to make the team as well

Probably, but it could also be that they've decided they want him on the practice squad and they don't want tape out there this weekend that gets him claimed.

Nope
Signature goes here.

(08-31-2017, 07:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Being Cole not playing I would say he is a lock to make the team as well

I'm not comfortable saying that just yet.  He dropped two big-play-well-thrown balls in weeks 2 and 3 of preseason. 

Maybe they want to try to stash him on the PS.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 07:30 PM by Bullseye.)

(08-31-2017, 07:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah. DeDe is going to be one of the six WRs on this roster.

Greene, Wynn, and maybe Cole are the guys on the bubble right now IMO.

I bet he plays two series and gets pulled tonight.

I agree with flgatorsandjags.

The only thing that makes his roster spot even remotely a question were his drops, especially the one last week.

Green and Wynn are the bubble guys.

I really like Cook, but he may end up in a numbers game.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-31-2017, 07:28 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: I hate this "refresh" - can't read previous posts without it scrolling down.  Is there a way to turn it off?

top left corner of page  "de-activate live" or something like that

OL is making it happen.

NH3...
"AZANE"