Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com analysts predict 2nd place

(08-31-2017, 10:22 AM)maheo30 Wrote: We also have, by far, the worst head coach in the division. I'd be stunned if we finished in 2nd place. If Luck can stay healthy, we'll be dead last in the division.

Where did you pull this out of? The worst HC in the division?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 12:20 PM by J-Mizzal.)

(08-31-2017, 07:57 AM)Upper Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 07:15 AM)mvannostran Wrote: What on Earth makes you think Luck will he ANYWHERE close to 100% this year? He's yet to throw a football. There's people thinking he may never be the same QB again.

He hasn't thrown in games, but he's been throwing. The team has said his velocity is the best it's ever been too.

What are you talking about? The coach said the other day he hasnt even seen him throw yet this summer lol

(08-31-2017, 10:22 AM)maheo30 Wrote: We also have, by far, the worst head coach in the division. I'd be stunned if we finished in 2nd place. If Luck can stay healthy, we'll be dead last in the division.

HAHAHA, since when has Chuck Pagano or Mike Mularkey been good coaches? 

Mike Mularkey best year is 9-7 twice the rest are terrible
Doug Marrone best year is 9-7 his other is 6-10 which is better then any other Mularkey year
Pagano is only good when Luck is healthy
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(08-31-2017, 10:59 AM)Tom Wrote:

Where did you pull this out of? The worst HC in the division?

I was thinking the same thing. Marrone may not be great, but pagano and mullarky are pretty horrible. BOB is a good coach though.

Would love to jump on board with some optimism, but unfortunately this team has not shown enough in the preseason to justify saying they are much different than last year. They barely could made plays against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Yeah, we got some players that can make some plays. But it's just not manifested itself on the field during game day. Predicting that we come in 2nd is a huge stretch.

(08-31-2017, 12:21 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 10:59 AM)Tom Wrote: Where did you pull this out of? The worst HC in the division?

I was thinking the same thing. Marrone may not be great, but pagano and mullarky are pretty horrible. BOB is a good coach though.

Maybe he thought we still had Gus?  Huh
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-31-2017, 10:17 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: i do not understand the negativity from you and we haven't played one real game yet?

It's called wielding your team to failure.  If there's one thing us as Jags fan are champions at, it's feeling less than, though perhaps warranted.

Go Jags, fight for that # 1 overall pick baby. We need picks, plenty of em, and high ones.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 12:57 PM by J-Mizzal.)

(08-31-2017, 12:24 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Would love to jump on board with some optimism, but unfortunately this team has not shown enough in the preseason to justify saying they are much different than last year. They barely could made plays against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Yeah, we got some players that can make some plays. But it's just not manifested itself on the field during game day. Predicting that we come in 2nd is a huge stretch.

Last year we were much better in the preseason, the running game looked better Blake looked better, only the Cincy our first team had some troubles 

I'm more optimistic then most around here, I know the QB situation isnt looking good, but this preseason, Hurns been out, Lee been out, Fournette been out and our top 3 CB's has been out the whole preseason outside of 1 drive when Ramsey played.

I think we are gonna be much better then a lot Jags fans think

The bigger issue is that our O Line and QB aren't playing up to par. We can't run block or pass protect. And we can't get the ball to receivers, even when they are open. Our receiving corps, along with Fournette has made this team more potent than it has been in a long time. However l, I think we are seeing now just how important the battle of "the trenches" is. And for all the talent we acquired on defense in the off season, I'm still waiting to see signs of an improved pass rush.

Where in my comment did I say they were good coaches? O_o

It is his philosophy. All the way back to his Syracuse days, he believes in a conservative passing game, power running game, and good defense. He is on record as saying he'd never throw the ball if he could get away with it. He's stated that many times over the years, most recently in July. I'm not looking up the interview. It isn't hard to find. That isn't a formula for winning football in a pass happy league. It is the formula for going 6-10 to 9-7 over and over. But I guess you'll settle for that after all these years of losing. Me personally, I want to compete in the playoffs. Marrone's career has shown he isn't that kind of coach.

2nd place RIP.

NFL analysts say Jags likely 2nd in division
Jag fans argue they should be in last place
You can't make this up

I will never predict that team that cannot be capitalized to be division boss. A team we exposed at the quintessential time, to be exactly like we thought they are. They needed to win and not only lost, but got ridiculed by our lowly Jags. They are not that good. Neither are the Colts. Nobody is in this division, Texans are sound; lucked on pass rush. String some wins, fight in your division, remain competitive. It's anybody's bet. I think you'll be surprised by the final outcome, Caldrac. In a crappy division facing a relatively weak schedule, everyone has a chance because everyone has their demons.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

[Image: 1686732e603e706cccd3a4c665f8316e165a452f...7a6206.jpg]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I can't believe that so many people are writing off the season before the 1st down of any meaningful game has been played.  Seriously.  Preseason games are nothing more than "glorified scrimmages".  You have a handful of "vanilla" offensive and defensive plays/formations along with personnel groupings that are "experimental" to say the least.

Let's see what the team looks like after week 1.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I have had this sig since the Marrone hire.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

D isn't any better than the offense. People on this board way overrate the defense. They'll get gashed by the run, no pressure on the QB and won't get off the field on 3rd down. D will be near the bottom of the league in points allowed again.

(08-31-2017, 10:27 PM)Rooster Wrote: D isn't any better than the offense.  People on this board way overrate the defense.  They'll get gashed by the run,  no pressure on the QB and won't get off the field on 3rd down.  D will be near the bottom of the league in points allowed again.

Ehh.  They haven't had their starting secondary or dialed up much press coverage yet. 

I'd bet they at 18th or better this season in points allowed. 

Marrone seems bent on not letting coordinators tip their hands in preseason.

(08-31-2017, 12:15 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 07:57 AM)Upper Wrote: He hasn't thrown in games, but he's been throwing. The team has said his velocity is the best it's ever been too.

What are you talking about? The coach said the other day he hasnt even seen him throw yet this summer lol
Pagano said he hasn't seen him throw because he is staying in his lane, but GM Ballard has said some stuff. I was wrong about hearing best ever too, he only said stronger than last year as you'll read.

Ballard said during the preseason television broadcast on Sunday that Luck's "strength levels are probably better right now than they were in the last season that he played."

"It's a progression where he's not throwing the football as strong as he wants to because we won't let him," Ballard said. "He can throw it a lot stronger than he's throwing it. This is our future that's 10, 12, 14 years -- who knows? We will not deviate from being disciplined in our process on how the doctors feel and how Andrew feels. He said it best to me. He said, 'Jim, I know I'm going to be an even better quarterback than I've ever been before. I just don't know when.' That could be Sept. 10. It could be Sept. 20. We'll see."

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 05:31 AM by The Real Marty.)

(08-31-2017, 12:24 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Would love to jump on board with some optimism, but unfortunately this team has not shown enough in the preseason to justify saying they are much different than last year. They barely could made plays against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Yeah, we got some players that can make some plays. But it's just not manifested itself on the field during game day. Predicting that we come in 2nd is a huge stretch.

I agree with you, but I am always searching for a reason to be optimistic, and in that vein, I would say the teams we have played in the preseason are all better than any team in the AFC South, and they're all better than most of the other teams on our schedule.

(08-31-2017, 10:27 PM)Rooster Wrote: D isn't any better than the offense.  People on this board way overrate the defense.  They'll get gashed by the run,  no pressure on the QB and won't get off the field on 3rd down.  D will be near the bottom of the league in points allowed again.

"Points allowed" is not a defensive statistic.   It's a team-wide statistic, encompassing all the points scored by the other teams, no matter whether they were scored against our offense, defense, or special teams, and no matter whether they were the result of an 80 yard drive or a 10 yard drive, or a pick-6. 

A much better measure of defensive performance is average yards per play given up, and average length of drive given up, and in those categories, as I recall, last year our defense was in the top 7 or so.

Add in the fact that our offense didn't give the defense a lot of help last year.

(08-31-2017, 04:40 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: [Image: 1686732e603e706cccd3a4c665f8316e165a452f...7a6206.jpg]

Looks like her problem is something else. She needs some Studly Stanley.  Banana Ninja
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-01-2017, 04:59 AM)Upper Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 12:15 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: What are you talking about? The coach said the other day he hasnt even seen him throw yet this summer lol
Pagano said he hasn't seen him throw because he is staying in his lane, but GM Ballard has said some stuff. I was wrong about hearing best ever too, he only said stronger than last year as you'll read.

Ballard said during the preseason television broadcast on Sunday that Luck's "strength levels are probably better right now than they were in the last season that he played."

"It's a progression where he's not throwing the football as strong as he wants to because we won't let him," Ballard said. "He can throw it a lot stronger than he's throwing it. This is our future that's 10, 12, 14 years -- who knows? We will not deviate from being disciplined in our process on how the doctors feel and how Andrew feels. He said it best to me. He said, 'Jim, I know I'm going to be an even better quarterback than I've ever been before. I just don't know when.' That could be Sept. 10. It could be Sept. 20. We'll see."

The GM is talking in circles there, he is just saying crap to keep the fans from panicking