Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Waiver Wire/ Cut-Down Thread (merged)

This will be the first time NFL teams will be making cuts to go from 90 to 53 (instead of 90 to 75 to 53).  Since the Jags will surely be waiting to see who gets released to add depth (starters?), who are you hoping gets cut elsewhere?  

I'll be looking for an upgrade at Kicker, competition at Guard, depth at Tight End and of course seeing who ends up available at QB.
Taking it to the top of the Modis building.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You can follow league wide transactions here:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions

We need to sign whoever loses the Browns kicker battle.

Cody Parkey or Zane Gonzalez would be an upgrade over Myers.

I might be willing to kick the tires on Ealy, any kicker, and any good run blocking G.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-27-2017, 06:48 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I might be willing to kick the tires on Ealy, any kicker, and any good run blocking G.

I agree.  I'd also consider adding some CB depth now that Johnson is injured/waived and Myrick seems destined for the PS. 

I think I like Patmon OK at nickel, but it may be worth seeking out an upgrade at cut time.  Doran Grant had a good camp but seems to be falling down the depth chart. Dixon plays with some scrappiness and intensity, but he still just gets beat too often.

(08-27-2017, 06:28 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: We need to sign whoever loses the Browns kicker battle.

Good to hear. The Titans and Vikings are also holding battles for their kicking position where two fairly impressive kickers are getting cut. Meanwhile, the Falcons and Panthers have impressive young Kickers that are likely being waived.
'02

(08-29-2017, 08:01 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-27-2017, 06:28 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: We need to sign whoever loses the Browns kicker battle.

Good to hear. The Titans and Vikings are also holding battles for their kicking position where two fairly impressive kickers are getting cut. Meanwhile, the Falcons and Panthers have impressive young Kickers that are likely being waived.

I still like Mike Meyer from Atlanta the best.

(08-27-2017, 06:48 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I might be willing to kick the tires on Ealy, any kicker, and any good run blocking G.

Kony Ealy is a Jet. I expect him to survive on cutdown day because he joined the team late.

Cyrus kouandjio is a T reclamation protect who probably missed his calling as a road grader guard. Wouldn't be upset if he was brought in to see if the young kid could be turned around.

I think our waiver claims will include a kicker and an offensive lineman for sure, possibly even two OL if the right names hit the wire and depending on who all we cut. Might see a corner as well if the team thinks someone better than Patmon or Jean-Baptiste is available, but I'm not expecting a full-on bloodbath like we had in 2013 when half the flipping roster was turned over the day after the cut to 53.

(08-29-2017, 11:31 PM)Dumptruck Wrote: Cyrus  kouandjio is a T reclamation protect who probably missed his calling as a road grader guard. Wouldn't be upset if he was brought in to see if the young kid could be turned around.

Kouandjio is like so many other Texas A&M O-Linemen, he is a finesse player who lacks that mean streak that I wanna see in O-Linemen. When I watch him, I see a guy going through the motions. He lacks fire. Guys like that are usually lost causes.

(08-30-2017, 12:30 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 11:31 PM)Dumptruck Wrote: Cyrus  kouandjio is a T reclamation protect who probably missed his calling as a road grader guard. Wouldn't be upset if he was brought in to see if the young kid could be turned around.

Kouandjio is like so many other Texas A&M O-Linemen, he is a finesse player who lacks that mean streak that I wanna see in O-Linemen. When I watch him, I see a guy going through the motions. He lacks fire. Guys like that are usually lost causes.
Alabama*

Kid played at Bama.

(08-30-2017, 01:30 AM)JAXsonVIL Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 12:30 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Kouandjio is like so many other Texas A&M O-Linemen, he is a finesse player who lacks that mean streak that I wanna see in O-Linemen. When I watch him, I see a guy going through the motions. He lacks fire. Guys like that are usually lost causes.
Alabama*

My bad. I always get him mixed up with Cedric Ogbuehi. I'm getting at the age where it's hard to keep names straight in my head. I'm good with recognizing faces, but names can be hit and miss. Getting old sucks!

Injuries were at least part of why Cyrus Kouandjio didn't even make the Lions 53 man roster.  Especially,  when combining this with Kouandjio not being with the Lions for any of the OTAs and him signing with the team the final day of the Mandatory Minicamp.   He only played in 1 of the 3 pre-season games ( Game # 2  against the Jets ) and struggled mightily.   Greg Robinson has exceeded my expectations through this point in time and easily won the starting LT job while Taylor Decker remains sidelined with his injury.   

With Kouandjio,  if a team signs him,  it should be with the outlook that he's not going to help in games until at least he's relatively healthy again and that he gets plenty of practice reps.   With the realistic hope that in 2018,  he can put things together.

Hi, Jaguars fans!    Smile  This transition is going to more surprising and dramatic between the conclusion of all of the preseason games played in August and the regular season.

All 32 NFL teams must cut from their 90-man training camp and preseason team roster to the 53-man regular season roster, plus their practice squad, to meet the mandatory 4:00PM Eastern Standard Time deadline on Saturday afternoon, September 12.

I anticipate more  marquee names from veteran players since the NFL utilize for the first time the single player cut from 90 players to 53 players prior to the start of the regular season in 2017.look forward

I look forward by news from the NFL, the NFL Network, and Adam Schefter's tweet's between Friday morning and late Saturday afternoon the fate of who was waived, cut, and traded.

Jaguars may possibly pick up players cut and waived to further staff their team for the upcoming regular season on September 10.

Let the waiver wire and player cutdown for the 2017 regular season begin!  Wink

I don't see Jags making a change at kicker this weekend.

(09-01-2017, 12:15 AM)newporttom Wrote: I don't see Jags making a change at kicker this weekend.

Jason Myers is incredible at rebounding after being close to being cut. I swear every time he has a terrible game, everyone starts talking about getting a new kicker and then he comes out and has a great game lol.

After Brissett's game last night, he would be intriguing if he were cut. I'm on the fence of preferring him or Allen.

zuttah is available and I just read that we might move linder back to guard and either start bowanko at center, or sign zuttah... I've been wondering why we ever moved Linder from guard in the first place.

Go get zuttah he was a pro bowler last year... this would make me feel much better