Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Waiver Wire/ Cut-Down Thread (merged)

I was thinking the same thing before I saw he (Zuttah) was traded for, cut, signed, and cut again, all in this past offseason. Signing a decent Center to allow Linder to move to Guard is something I could see though.
Taking it to the top of the Modis building.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-01-2017, 02:15 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: zuttah is available and I just read that we might move linder back to guard and either start bowanko at center, or sign zuttah... I've been wondering why we ever moved Linder from guard in the first place.

Go get zuttah he was a pro bowler last year... this would make me feel much better

I'm just wondering why he was cut twice this preseason from teams who desperately need O-Line help. Something is fishy.

cont care, we cut plenty of guys who go on to do good else where, we need help

(09-01-2017, 02:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 02:15 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: zuttah is available and I just read that we might move linder back to guard and either start bowanko at center, or sign zuttah... I've been wondering why we ever moved Linder from guard in the first place.

Go get zuttah he was a pro bowler last year... this would make me feel much better

I'm just wondering why he was cut twice this preseason from teams who desperately need O-Line help. Something is fishy.

It aint fishy... he's no good anymore

Does Zuttah being cut by the niners just a few weeks ago give you any pause on his ability to play at a high level right now?

(09-01-2017, 03:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Does Zuttah being cut by the niners just a few weeks ago give you any pause on his ability to play at a high level right now?

absolutely not as they are a rebuilding team who might not see use in a declining aging player.  He made the pro bowl last year and while I know the pro bowl isn't always reputable, the guy can play and I doubt he suddenly can't play at all anymore.  I also HIGHLY DOUBT he's any worse than what we currently have and it doesn't hurt in the slightest to bring him in

(09-01-2017, 03:09 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 02:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm just wondering why he was cut twice this preseason from teams who desperately need O-Line help. Something is fishy.

It aint fishy... he's no good anymore

That's what I was insinuating.

TJ Clemmings anyone?

Vikings fans seem to be rejoicing.

(09-01-2017, 04:05 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: TJ Clemmings anyone?

Vikings fans seem to be rejoicing.

He's a turnstile.

Help is not on the way.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Where'd you read that on Linder?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We should pick up this Brock Osweiler guy  Laughing
No Fun

(09-01-2017, 04:57 PM)nhiverson Wrote: We should pick up this Brock Osweiler guy  Laughing

I'd take him over Henne as a backup, as long as that big contract is nullified.

(08-30-2017, 07:50 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 01:30 AM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Alabama*

My bad. I always get him mixed up with Cedric Ogbuehi. I'm getting at the age where it's hard to keep names straight in my head. I'm good with recognizing faces, but names can be hit and miss. Getting old sucks!
Are you JagsFanJay?

(09-01-2017, 05:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 04:57 PM)nhiverson Wrote: We should pick up this Brock Osweiler guy  Laughing

I'd take him over Henne as a backup, as long as that big contract is nullified.

No way I mean maybe hes a younger trainwreck of a backup but I'm sure there is someone else we could grab if needed a backup.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 05:30 PM by Krayz_Jville_D.)

(09-01-2017, 04:36 PM)mvannostran Wrote:

Where'd you read that on Linder?

Brandon Linder - G - Jaguars

The Jaguars could move C Brandon Linder to left guard.
With Patrick Omameh and Earl Watford struggling, Linder is a candidate to move back to guard. The Jaguars could go with Luke Bowanko at center after starting him there in the third preseason game. Free agent Jeremy Zuttah could also be a fit for Jacksonville.

Source: Florida Football Insiders

john greco is now available

How do we like John Greco?

(09-01-2017, 05:30 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 04:36 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Where'd you read that on Linder?

Brandon Linder - G - Jaguars

With Patrick Omameh and Earl Watford struggling, Linder is a candidate to move back to guard. The Jaguars could go with Luke Bowanko at center after starting him there in the third preseason game. Free agent Jeremy Zuttah could also be a fit for Jacksonville.

Bowanko started the 3rd game at Center?

(09-01-2017, 07:39 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 12:15 AM)newporttom Wrote: I don't see Jags making a change at kicker this weekend.

Jason Myers is incredible at rebounding after being close to being cut. I swear every time he has a terrible game, everyone starts talking about getting a new kicker and then he comes out and has a great game lol.

I don't see us grabbing a kicker.  

We will be looking at the OG and TE crop for sure. Maybe DB depth too.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-01-2017, 05:31 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: How do we like John Greco?

(09-01-2017, 05:30 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: Brandon Linder - G - Jaguars

Bowanko started the 3rd game at Center?
I'd be fine with that move if we land a guard to replace Cann.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Linder to LG. Greco to RG. Bowanko to C.