Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hurns to be cut? Really?

(09-05-2017, 11:59 AM)Tuxedo Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 11:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I was expecting:

Robinson
Lee
Hurns
Westbrook
Cole 
Benn

I wouldn't have been surprised to see Westbrook ahead of him, but Cole and Benn listed ahead of him is a bit surprising. 
Nonetheless, I'd wager we see Hurns on the field in the slot this Sunday. Whatever way they list that chart, he's the guy they'll most likely trust in that position, IMO.

I agree that Westbrook ahead of Hurns wouldn't be a surprise, but it's surprising to see that he's ahead of Cole too considering how they divvied up playing time in the preseason. The guy who ran with the 1s and 2s AND rested in the fourth preseason game is behind the guy who only ran with the 3s and 4s.

There are some interesting moves on the defensive side of the ball too (Patmon ahead of Colvin, Smoot being switched from Campbell's backup to third behind Ngakoue and Fowler, waiver claim who hasn't practiced yet ahead of Myrick). Perhaps another thread about the depth chart is in order.

Michael Bennett listed as backup DE behind Campbell.  Interesting.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-05-2017, 12:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote: To think two rookies, one picked in the 4th round and the other an UDFA, could cause that much change in the depth chart so quickly is astonishing.

It's amazing to see how far Hurns has fallen so quickly,from starter to 6th.

Let this be a lesson to anyone who might underestimate the value of mid to late draft picks/UDFAs and the preseason.

Part of it makes me wonder if Sullivan was the main guy in Hurns' corner since the staff has barely changed since last season.

Is it possible people are reading too much into a depth chart posted on the website?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-05-2017, 12:09 PM)FBT Wrote: Is it possible people are reading too much into a depth chart posted on the website?

Very possible. 

I posted on it because jaguars.com updated the depth chart since yesterday. I can only speculate whether it will appear the same tomorrow. Who knows?  It has a few head scratchers listed though, that's for sure.

Hurns is the starting slot receiver, the depth chart is based on base 21 personnel.

-per Mike K

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-05-2017, 03:00 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Hurns is the starting slot receiver, the depth chart is based on base 21 personnel.

-per Mike K

There you go.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-05-2017, 12:09 PM)FBT Wrote: Is it possible people are reading too much into a depth chart posted on the website?

It's not possible it's fact.

If anyone thinks that 2 rookies are above Hurns at this point then they really need to step away from their Madden game.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-05-2017, 03:18 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

It's not possible it's fact.

If anyone thinks that 2 rookies are above Hurns at this point then they really need to step away from their Madden game.

Especially considering neither Cole or Westbrook have spent any time in the slot this offseason.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."