Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tragic fire at my old house

Sad  (This post was last modified: 09-02-2017, 01:52 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

I just learned today the house I lived in almost 35 years was severely damaged by a fire and, even worse, the girl who slept in my old bedroom died at age 17.  Sad 

http://www.thisweeknews.com/news/2017090...house-fire

RIP Hannah Sarver.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That is truly sad.

Very sad news indeed.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-02-2017, 12:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I just learned today the house I lived in almost 35 years was severely damaged by a fire and, even worse, the girl who slept in my old bedroom died at age 17.  Sad 

RIP Hannah Sarver.

Very tragic news.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I have an update. The Westerville Police Department tracked down my home phone number to talk to Mom as part of an investigation. She was told the owner is still hospitalized and the person who caused the fire was charged with homicide. He was cooking french fries in the night, went to his bedroom (in the basement), and fell asleep. When their investigation concludes, the house will be torn down.

Why would they need to talk to your mother about a fire that she had no personal knowledge of? That seems like a waste of man hours.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-11-2017, 11:31 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Why would they need to talk to your mother about a fire that she had no personal knowledge of? That seems like a waste of man hours.

Mom sold the house to the current owner.

(10-12-2017, 12:44 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 11:31 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Why would they need to talk to your mother about a fire that she had no personal knowledge of? That seems like a waste of man hours.

Mom sold the house to the current owner.

What information did the police want to know?

(10-12-2017, 01:00 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:44 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Mom sold the house to the current owner.

What information did the police want to know?

Mom offered to email pictures of the stove (where the fire started) because she was asked about that. I am not sure what all they wanted.

(10-12-2017, 10:52 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 01:00 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: What information did the police want to know?

Mom offered to email pictures of the stove (where the fire started) because she was asked about that. I am not sure what all they wanted.

That makes sense then, they must’ve getting all their ducks in a row for the prosecution.

(10-12-2017, 10:54 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: That makes sense then, they must’ve getting all their ducks in a row for the prosecution.

I was very surprised an investigator called her. I was like, "How did they get a phone number in Florida?"

The suspect will be drug bested, according to a local news station. This is a "leave no stone unturned" case.

CSIJDUB

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(09-02-2017, 12:44 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I just learned today the house I lived in almost 35 years was severely damaged by a fire and, even worse, the girl who slept in my old bedroom died at age 17.  Sad 

RIP Hannah Sarver.

wow.... that is sad Sad

(10-11-2017, 10:50 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I have an update. The Westerville Police Department tracked down my home phone number to talk to Mom as part of an investigation. She was told the owner is still hospitalized and the person who caused the fire was charged with homicide. He was cooking french fries in the night, went to his bedroom (in the basement), and fell asleep. When their investigation concludes, the house will be torn down.

Col. Mustard in the kitchen with the French fries. Do I win?

(10-12-2017, 03:08 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 10:50 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I have an update. The Westerville Police Department tracked down my home phone number to talk to Mom as part of an investigation. She was told the owner is still hospitalized and the person who caused the fire was charged with homicide. He was cooking french fries in the night, went to his bedroom (in the basement), and fell asleep. When their investigation concludes, the house will be torn down.

Col. Mustard in the kitchen with the French fries. Do I win?

No you don't. Joking about the losses of a home and life and someone suffering severe injuries is pure evil.

(10-12-2017, 03:17 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 03:08 PM)TJBender Wrote: Col. Mustard in the kitchen with the French fries. Do I win?

No you don't. Joking about the losses of a home and life and someone suffering severe injuries is pure evil.

I'm still trying to figure out how the hell you charge a guy who fell asleep cooking French fries with murder.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 07:10 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(10-12-2017, 06:59 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 03:17 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: No you don't. Joking about the losses of a home and life and someone suffering severe injuries is pure evil.

I'm still trying to figure out how the hell you charge a guy who fell asleep cooking French fries with murder.

french fries to the naked eye but further investigation revealed they were really mini candlesticks !!

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 07:19 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-12-2017, 06:59 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 03:17 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: No you don't. Joking about the losses of a home and life and someone suffering severe injuries is pure evil.

The charge was homicide, not murder. Not quite the same crime.

(10-12-2017, 07:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 06:59 PM)TJBender Wrote: I'm still trying to figure out how the hell you charge a guy who fell asleep cooking French fries with murder.

French fries to the naked eye but further investigation revealed they were really mini candlesticks!

They were definitely real french fries cooking on the stove. Any suggestion they weren't is stupid.

(10-12-2017, 07:18 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 06:59 PM)TJBender Wrote: I'm still trying to figure out how the hell you charge a guy who fell asleep cooking French fries with murder.

The charge was homicide, not murder. Not quite the same crime.

Actually, it's exactly the same crime.