Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Talk about the Season Opener

(09-09-2017, 12:50 PM)SunriseCottage Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 12:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you're going to continually insult one another - at least try to talk some damn football while you're at it. 
C'mon, guys.
Thank you for interceding in this.......I always come here with the intention of talking football, until a poster starts flinging personal insults in my direction, and then I am compelled to respond. On the old board, the monitors would ignore this, despite repeated requests to stop it. I'm glad to see that that has changed.

Just a small note to you and other posters.  Comments like this, though appreciated should be via PM since it takes threads off-topic.

Our moderators are doing a fantastic job and should be commended for their efforts.  We are also working to solve the problem of off-topic posts as well as the "bickering" that happens at times.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 03:11 PM by Jagwired.)

[Image: starters-page-full.jpg]

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/game/2017/regular1/
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-08-2017, 11:01 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 12:22 AM)SuperJville Wrote: I think the Texans are going to kill us personally.

(09-08-2017, 09:40 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: It will be a rough game for both teams. With Texas just going through one storm and Jax another.  Could end up tons of mental mistakes on both sides.  

Regardless will not be an easy win for either team.  Hopefully Watson is not ready yet.  And we hit him hard.  And come out with the Win.

Everyone who has been paying attention knows Tom Savage will start. Bill O'Brien said it throughout the offseason, training camp, and preseason and made it official by putting Tom, not DeShaun Watson, on the top of the QB depth chart. Get out from that rock you're hiding under.

Regardless of the weather conditions in Houston, we will play indoors at NRG Stadium with no worries about the road infrastructure being unsafe. Our job is to beat a division rival no matter what their mental state is after a storm. We have no other mindset - BEAT THE TEXANS!
I actually changed it.  But may not of edited in time. To can we rattle savage.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(09-09-2017, 03:06 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [Image: starters-page-full.jpg]

Errrr Fournette?

Do we know if he's starting tomorrow. He better be!

(09-09-2017, 05:46 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

Errrr Fournette?

No, the Jaguars spend top five picks on running backs, the easiest position to step right in and make an impact at in the NFL, and then start the guy that fumbled five times on a little more than 100 carries last year.

Just one more day before the title of this thread is used in an exasperating tone during conversation, "Pshh, talk about the season opener..."

It's going to be an emotional atmosphere in Houston. We ain't having any of that crap... just play smart ball. If we lose we lose but I hope we don't succumb to the atmosphere and the emotional fans and just unravel in a pathetic fashion like we've seen so many times.
No pain, no gain.

(09-09-2017, 05:48 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 05:46 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Errrr Fournette?

No, the Jaguars spend top five picks on running backs, the easiest position to step right in and make an impact at in the NFL, and then start the guy that fumbled five times on a little more than 100 carries last year.

Listing Ivory the starter doesn't mean much IMO. Fournette will get his touches, and he'll probably start getting them early on.  I'd wager he'll get several more touches than Ivory.

(09-09-2017, 05:46 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

Errrr Fournette?

I'm thinking we'll still get a good dose of Fournette regardless of the listed starter. Actually, I'm pretty sure we may see a three man rotation the first couple games, much like preseason.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(09-09-2017, 05:48 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 05:46 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Errrr Fournette?

I know he had his foot stepped on and it was a nothing injury but we kept him out all preseason. I'm worried there may be more. Remember Ivory last year, eve of the game goes down with a mystery injury and gone for week's.

I hope it's just depth chart nonsense. Not panicking just you would think they would have their number one pick on the starters list.

1. I hope to see the Jags wear down Watt and Clowney in the first quarter by running right at them and double-team blocking them. Hit them every play. Hit them hard!

2. By 5pm we'll know a lot more about the OL, Bortles, and whether or not Marrone makes a significant difference (at least those of us who still have electricity and can watch the game).

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"