Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Florida Times Union - Jaguars claim five players off waivers

Man, the Yeldon hate is pretty funny to me.

So much hyperbole about his deficiencies. He's nothing special, but he's not incompetent. He just needs to realize he's not LeVeon Bell and quit trying to dance around to a hole that's never going to open.

If he'd either just get north and south right away or sprint to the corner - he'd have much more success.

I could see him doing well with a coach that stays in his ear about his bad habits and a slightly better line.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-03-2017, 11:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 10:33 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: That first video he went untouched and didn't even have to make anyone miss.

The second one he didn't really do anything that a running back isn't expected to do except maybe that one nice 25 yard catch.

Let me ask you this question.  What does Langford do that Corey Grant doesn't already do better?

I'm fine with Corey Grant. In fact, I like him a lot. I want Langford over Yeldon. I just don't believe you keep a RB on your roster when the only thing they are competent at, is pass blocking. That's like keeping a QB on the roster because he's the best holder in the league, yet he sucks at everything else. It doesn't make sense.

What role would he play? As far as a runner, he would be behind Fournette, Ivory, and Grant. You can't put him on the field on 3rd down because he becomes a liability. He runs for a lower ypc than Yeldon. The only thing he is better than Yeldon at is being faster.

(09-03-2017, 11:43 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 11:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm fine with Corey Grant. In fact, I like him a lot. I want Langford over Yeldon. I just don't believe you keep a RB on your roster when the only thing they are competent at, is pass blocking. That's like keeping a QB on the roster because he's the best holder in the league, yet he sucks at everything else. It doesn't make sense.

What role would he play?  As far as a runner, he would be behind Fournette, Ivory, and Grant.  You can't put him on the field on 3rd down because he becomes a liability.  He runs for a lower ypc than Yeldon.  The only thing he is better than Yeldon at is being faster.

I'm glad somebody gets it.

I posted my recent "Is Yeldon safe?" thread realizing Yeldon's roster spot wasn't all that safe especially with several name RBs hitting the wire, but the level of hate Yeldon is getting surprises me. He's not as horrible as some in this thread are suggesting. Yeldon has some ability to create holes where there are none and to get some rather flashy yards. We've certainly had much worse over the years outside of FT and MJD, and it helps that Yeldon can block well and catch well. Really the biggest issues for me regarding Yeldon is his overall power, his lack of breakout speed, and his consistency, but he's not a complete zero. Quite frankly, a career 3.9 average is not shabby at all.
'02

(09-03-2017, 08:28 PM)jseymour Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 08:18 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: You don't have a point. Jeremy Langford was good enough as a rookie to convince Ryan Pace the Bears don't need Matt Forte anymore. He was a surprise cut because of his abilities to play the position. If you just want a pass blocker, maybe you need to read up on Doug Marrone's intent to make us a run-first team. Also, the per-carry statistics mean nothing. All the age difference means is Langford has more experience than Yeldon, which is a good thing. What makes you think Yeldon has more upside than Langford?

As I said above, if we had better blocking at the line all the complaints about running back will go away. A prediction. By the end of the year if blocking does not improve there will be calls to cut Fournette to be cut because he stinks and cannot hold onto the ball.

Which is why our fan base has such a bad reputation among some players and coaches. Calling for a player's head after one season is something only this fanbase does and it's embarrassing.

bruh I have a Yeldon jersey someone take me out back and punch me for spending 100 dollars on a 3rd down back

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet

Interesting tidbit from Sunday No. 1: TE James O'Shaughnessy was claimed by the most teams: 6! (BUF, JAX, IND, LAC, NYJ & NO). Went to Jags.

(09-04-2017, 12:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet

Interesting tidbit from Sunday No. 1: TE James O'Shaughnessy was claimed by the most teams: 6! (BUF, JAX, IND, LAC, NYJ & NO). Went to Jags.

Hmmm...very interesting.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-04-2017, 12:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 12:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet

Hmmm...very interesting.

Buffalo ended up claiming TE Khari Lee off waivers from the Lions.   I wonder how many TEs the Bills claimed in total and what their pecking order was in terms of preference.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 03:15 PM by Bullseye.)

(09-04-2017, 01:07 PM)D6 Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 12:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Hmmm...very interesting.

Buffalo ended up claiming TE Khari Lee off waivers from the Lions.   I wonder how many TEs the Bills claimed in total and what their pecking order was in terms of preference.

What amazed me about Buffalo is how thoroughly they changed their CB position from last year.

By my count, they have at least four new CBs with the trade they just pulled off from L.A.

As for the Jaguars, I still want to see them add Zuttah, Johnson, or Boone.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 05:42 PM by D6.)

(09-03-2017, 02:16 PM)Tuxedo Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 02:13 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Hayes Pullard III being released for a tiny rookie LB surprises me. Keep in mind that Pullard effectively beat out Josh McNary and Audie Cole, two vets loaded with NFL experience.

This would be the most surprising one for me since he was versatile 4th LB and good special teamer. DeCamillis knows what he's doing with special teams though.

Hayes Pullard got claimed by the LA Chargers.  Hello, Gus Bradley.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...inebacker/

(09-04-2017, 03:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 01:07 PM)D6 Wrote: Buffalo ended up claiming TE Khari Lee off waivers from the Lions.   I wonder how many TEs the Bills claimed in total and what their pecking order was in terms of preference.

What amazed me about Buffalo is how thoroughly they changed their CB position from last year.

By my count, they have at least four new CBs with the trade they just pulled off from L.A.

As for the Jaguars, I still want to see them add Zuttah, Johnson, or Boone.

For a team that's been around .500 the last 3 seasons,  it's surprising to the extent that the Bills are overhauling their overall personnel on their roster.  I have no idea at this time what the long term plan is of their new regime.