Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brandon Linder might be the best player on the team

Just watching him is insane. His guards are struggling and he literally handles his own business at center and will assist helping his guards on plays. It's crazy. One guy is taking on essentially 3 on players and he never misses a beat. It's something I've never seen an o-lineman do so efficiently as one human being. Imagine his dominance if he had some guards who could hold their own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-04-2017, 04:50 AM)haveaseat Wrote: Just watching him is insane. His guards are struggling and he literally handles his own business at center and will assist helping his guards on plays. It's crazy. One guy is taking on essentially 3 on players and he never misses a beat. It's something I've never seen an o-lineman do so efficiently as one human being. Imagine his dominance if he had some guards who could hold their own.

If he gets hurt this year you can pretty much drop the curtains on the Jags season.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 08:04 AM by NH3.)

Our OL played better last year than most realize even w/the revolving door at LG. Watford only played one pre-season game due to injury but he played the best of all that played at the LG position. He should be our day-one starter at the position and if so the OL will play well. Cann will be more than serviceable and many forget that Parnell played hurt all of last year as well. If Cam Robinson holds his own, which I feel that he will, our OL will play Much Better than last year and the pre-season.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Cann is seriously the only spot I am concerned about. His miscues and leaks impact the entire line. This line isn't all pro but it is serviceable and hopefully Cann will pull his head out!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Ramsey is our best player

I still think we make a run at a Guard before long.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Centers are supposed to help the guards because many times they actually don't have a player they are directly responsible for.

With that said, I'm no talent evaluator especially for offensive linemen. One thing I am concerned with is our lack of "push" on the interior, which includes Linder.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

He has never taken on 3 players at one time.

Boone.

Ramsey is our best player, followed by Allen Robinson, and even though he has yet to take a real snap in the NFL, Fournette would be ahead of Linder as well.

Linder is our best player on the O-line, but that still isn't a huge compliment considering how bad we are up front.

Just sit back and think about that for a minute.  Brandon Linder the best player on the team...    Laughing

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-04-2017, 12:43 PM)mvannostran Wrote: I still think we make a run at a Guard before long.

Next draft.

Calais Campbell is by far the best player on this team which should be a good thing since he is an addition

Jalen Ramsey is by far the best player on this roster. Fournette, Telvin, and ARob close second.

(09-04-2017, 11:12 PM)Sosa Wrote: Jalen Ramsey is by far the best player on this roster. Fournette, Telvin, and ARob close second.

I don't understand how Fournette can even be considered, when he hasn't taken one meaningful snap in the NFL and he's already injured.

I hope the injury is nothing, because he better be one of the top RBs in the league, for his entire career.

It doesn't matter if the OL is great, or dog [BLEEP] either. He was drafted that high for a reason and he better produce regardless.

(09-04-2017, 11:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 11:12 PM)Sosa Wrote: Jalen Ramsey is by far the best player on this roster. Fournette, Telvin, and ARob close second.

I don't understand how Fournette can even be considered, when he hasn't taken one meaningful snap in the NFL and he's already injured.

I hope the injury is nothing, because he better be one of the top RBs in the league, for his entire career.

It doesn't matter if the OL is great, or dog [BLEEP] either. He was drafted that high for a reason and he better produce regardless.

You can use the same argument with QB as well, really.

(09-05-2017, 12:02 AM)haveaseat Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 11:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I don't understand how Fournette can even be considered, when he hasn't taken one meaningful snap in the NFL and he's already injured.

You can use the same argument with QB as well, really.

No you really can't.

RB is the easiest position to come in and start from day 1. QB, is the hardest.

Yeah, Linder is in that top ten list. Best player? Maybe not, but he's been consistently very good.

I don't put much stock in these type of rankings, but Linder has certainly earned some consideration. His position makes it tough to really compare his performance to skill positions, but the fact that he's set himself apart from the roster churn along the O-Line is significant. I'll never forget watching all22 film from his rookie season and seeing the number of times he quickly overwhelmed his opponent at the line and then rapidly moved to a LB or DB. He's been good from the get-go.

(09-05-2017, 12:12 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 12:02 AM)haveaseat Wrote: You can use the same argument with QB as well, really.

No you really can't.

It doesn't matter how great you are of a running back if you don't have a line to move people.

(09-05-2017, 12:26 AM)haveaseat Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 12:12 AM)Eric1 Wrote: No you really can't.

It doesn't matter how great you are of a running back if you don't have a line to move people.

A great RB creates on his own. Always has and always will. They see things, feel things and understand things that most RBs don't.

The make something out of nothing and that's the fact of the matter.