Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2017 UNOFFICIAL Depth Chart Head Scratchers (MERGED)

While these depth charts don't necessarily reflect which players will receive playing time (and how much of it) they may indicate to some degree how the current regime views/ranks their roster. 

EDIT: THIS CHART MAY NOT BE OFFICIAL UNTIL TOMORROW - SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Interesting notes include:
Hurns as the 6th receiver
Lee as KR AND PR
Patmon ahead of Colvin? 
Smoot listed as a weak side end instead of behind Campbell

http://www.jaguars.com/team/depth-chart.html

As suggested in another thread -- perhaps this depth chart is not yet official, but it was updated since yesterday, which is why I posted on it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would definitely check back tomorrow when the team releases the "official" depth chart to start the season. I have a feeling the changes that you currently see is more the work of the dot com guys adding and subtracting names from the depth chart after cuts and waiver claims than it is Marrone giving them a new updated chart.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-05-2017, 12:13 PM)knarnn Wrote: I would definitely check back tomorrow when the team releases the "official" depth chart to start the season. I have a feeling the changes that you currently see is more the work of the dot com guys adding and subtracting names from the depth chart after cuts and waiver claims than it is Marrone giving them a new updated chart.

Very possible.

With the caveats that this may not be the official depth chart duly noted, if it is actually reflective of the real depth chart, that pecking order raises any number of questions.

1. What does it say about Smoot that he is now seen as the 3rd RDE behind Ngakoue and Fowler? Is the team now as down on him as it seems most of the fans have been?

2. For that matter, Fowler at 2nd team RDE makes me wonder would he solely be there to spot Ngakoue, or will there be packages where Ngakoue and Fowler are on the field at the same time?

3. Bennett seemed to be a possible cut, but now he is Campbell's primary backup. I wonder how long they have been working him at DE. Was that something Wash disagreed with Bradley over?

4. Colvin is now 4th CB behind Patmon. Was it due to speed, health, what? I know Patmon played pretty well for us during the preseason and he has experience.

5. If this chart is true, I don't see how the talk of trading/cutting Hurns goes away. He just signed a fairly lucrative contract extension last year. While he isn't paid among the highest paid WRs, he's certainly paid more than just about any 6th WR you would find anywhere else. Furthermore, he doesn't strike me as a particularly strong special teams guy either as a return guy or a cover guy As 6th WR, he may not even be active most games. I can see some possibilities with him. I can see the team trying to swing a trade with Hurns to a team in contention with an injured starter at the position. I could also see the team asking Hurns to take a pay cut, Hurns refusing, and then the team cutting him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'm ok with everything except Bortles at QB1... Do they want to lose?
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(09-05-2017, 12:49 PM)David4499 Wrote: I'm ok with everything except Bortles at QB1... Do they want to lose?

It's better than Henne at QB1.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I think this chart will get an update tonight/tomorrow.

I got a question, I'm not even gonna ask it. lol.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Not sure how you guys read that and say Patmon is 4th ahead of Colvin...

They are each positioned as immediate backups to the outside CBs but, Colvin likely starts at nickel despite which side he is listed on the depth chart.
As far as DL goes... not sure I'd read too much into who is where. They'll rotate a lot and probably have packages for all sorts of guys... Smoot is probably a swing backup at either DE spot depending on who is where during which package and based on injury.

(09-05-2017, 01:17 PM)Kane Wrote: Not sure how you guys read that and say Patmon is 4th ahead of Colvin...

They are each positioned as immediate backups to the outside CBs but, Colvin likely starts at nickel despite which side he is listed on the depth chart.
As far as DL goes... not sure I'd read too much into who is where. They'll rotate a lot and probably have packages for all sorts of guys... Smoot is probably a swing backup at either DE spot depending on who is where during which package and based on injury.

This

The only odd thing I see is Hurns as 6th WR lol
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(09-05-2017, 01:22 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 01:17 PM)Kane Wrote: Not sure how you guys read that and say Patmon is 4th ahead of Colvin...

This

I have to agree.  And even that doesn't say much to me, as I fully expect Hurns to play the slot when they have three receivers on the field Sunday. 

Will be interesting to see what this chart looks like tomorrow. I expect they'll update it again.

(09-05-2017, 01:22 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:

This

TBR... he was an UDFA who had like 1 great year...
I'm not surprised he is behind 3 4th round or better draft picks in AR, Lee, and Westbrook.
And Cole can really take the top off a D.

He was elevated based on Lee's injuries and the WRs behind him prior were Bryan Walters, an oft injured Benn, and other nobodies.
His actual talent eventually was pushed down the chart by better talent.

And people wanna talk about trading him...
If Hurns is our 5th or 6th best WR... we are in a good spot imo.

As for his contract... yeah... probably slightly overpaid at this point... but the team has an out after this year with no dead money.
At 7, 8 and 9 mil each year after... his market value is about 20-25th (currently) best.
Not that expensive if we wanna hold on to him.

Just not sure anyone will trade for him at this point anyway.

Week 1: Unofficial depth chart

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...9ab66f664e

Jaguars release Week 1 unofficial depth chart in advance of regular-season opener against Houston Sunday

According to Mike Kaye Hurns is the starting slot receiver , it's just that the depth chart is based on 21 personnel grouping so he's down there.

Mike Bennett as the backup strongside end was quite odd

Patmon over Colvin doesn't surprise me with the strong camp he had. Though idk if he lasts there if it's accurate. Colvin is great as the Nickel. I actually feel good about our Nickel and Dime DBs this year.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-05-2017, 01:57 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Patmon over Colvin doesn't surprise me with the strong camp he had. Though idk if he lasts there if it's accurate. Colvin is great as the Nickel. I actually feel good about our Nickel and Dime DBs this year.

Much like the aforementioned offensive personnel grouping, the defensive chart is based on a base defense, not the nickel package.  So Colvin will still be the nickel, but Patmon would sooner replace either Ramsey or Bouye outside should they go down.

(09-05-2017, 02:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 01:57 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Patmon over Colvin doesn't surprise me with the strong camp he had. Though idk if he lasts there if it's accurate. Colvin is great as the Nickel. I actually feel good about our Nickel and Dime DBs this year.

Much like the aforementioned offensive personnel grouping, the defensive chart is based on a base defense, not the nickel package.  So Colvin will still be the nickel, but Patmon would sooner replace either Ramsey or Bouye outside should they go down.

Ah. I guess that makes sense too. Not hard to see Patmon better suited to play outside than Colvin. AC's skill set definitely is better in Nickel. I'd rathe have Ramsey/Bouye and Patmon outside with AC inside than R/B and AC out with Patmon in.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-05-2017, 01:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...9ab66f664e

They need to stop with that co-starter crap, its the regular season now
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Lol at 3 starting rbs. And I correctly predicted Hurns being the #5 receiver.