Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fowler Interview from the T-U

http://jacksonville.com/jaguars/sports/2...odel-field

Marrone says...

Quote:“I’m happy with his effort level,” Marrone said. “I think he’s getting more quality snaps, meaning building on that, which is what you want to see from players. Now, the next thing we need is to just start getting the results, and they will come. It’s a little bit of balance working with him. Sometimes he becomes extremely frustrated because he’s not getting the results that he wants right away, but I keep telling him, this is what I’m seeing. I’m seeing a guy that’s going to be able to play more quality snaps and those things will come. Right now, he’s doing a good job.”

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The picture used is scary as hell.

The fact that a speed rush end can put an OT on his butt is telling to how HORRIBLE our OL is. Even if he is a backup.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(09-06-2017, 10:30 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: The picture used is scary as hell.

The fact that a speed rush end can put an OT on his butt is telling to how HORRIBLE our OL is. Even if he is a backup.

That tackle is no longer a Jag. He was replaced by a guy that's 6'8" - 344lbs. I don't think you'll see Fowler putting Parnell or his new back-up on their butts.

(09-06-2017, 10:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

That tackle is no longer a Jag. He was replaced by a guy that's 6'8" - 344lbs. I don't think you'll see Fowler putting Parnell or his new back-up on their butts.

We'll see.
#iamlegend

(09-06-2017, 10:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Poutassi is 6'5 and......344.  Doesn't give me confidence.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2017, 11:28 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

Dante Fowler's comments seem to show he is realizing maturity was an issue for him last year. He also made a good point about being a top 5 pick by a home state team adding lots of pressure on him to produce results. Nobody wants to struggle on the field early and hear the bust label everywhere there are Jaguars fans. Doug Marrone is certainly going to help Fowler cut down on his penalties, but it looks like Fowler has worked hard at trying to stop hearing referees call his number.

(09-06-2017, 11:15 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 10:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: That tackle is no longer a Jag. He was replaced by a guy that's 6'8" - 344lbs. I don't think you'll see Fowler putting Parnell or his new back-up on their butts.

Poutassi is 6'5 and......344.  Doesn't give me confidence.

While that actually is kind-of funny, I don't see the point in fretting what Fowler does to a back-up tackle in a practice drill. 

All I care about right now is what he's able to do on Sunday against the tinhorns' tackles and guards.  The tinhorns aren't exactly flush along their O-Line right now. I'm cautiously optimistic that Fowler, Ngakoue, Jackson and Campbell will pressure Savage into a mistake or two.

It also might be an indicator/telling of how powerful/strong Fowler is. Speed rusher label or not. Banana
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-06-2017, 11:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 11:15 AM)NCJag Wrote: Poutassi is 6'5 and......344.  Doesn't give me confidence.

While that actually is kind-of funny, I don't see the point in fretting what Fowler does to a back-up tackle in a practice drill. 

All I care about right now is what he's able to do on Sunday against the tinhorns' tackles and guards.  The tinhorns aren't exactly flush along their O-Line right now. I'm cautiously optimistic that Fowler, Ngakoue, Jackson and Campbell will pressure Savage into a mistake or two.

This is my hope, too.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2017, 12:04 PM by Jagwired.)

I see the Jags racking 6-8 sacks this game.

edit: Ok Ok , 4-6.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2017, 02:02 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Fowler was the best pass rusher we had in the preseason, he is def getting better.

Its funny he has only played 1 year, even tho he has been here a while, but people still wanna call him a bust and we should cut him, crazy can these players play two years before you run them out of town. Very rarely is a player great right away, and thats with all positions in football.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

The fact that we're interpreting this as a negative, rather than being hopeful that our 3rd overall pick can have a good year, is also scary. The depths of despair with this fanbase is sad. And the results back it up.

(09-06-2017, 01:11 PM)git\er_done Wrote: The fact that we're interpreting this as a negative, rather than being hopeful that our 3rd overall pick can have a good year, is also scary. The depths of despair with this fanbase is sad. And the results back it up.

The negativity isn't even coming from the article, its coming from the articles picture. 
Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash
#iamlegend

(09-06-2017, 01:02 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Fowler was the best pass rusher we had in the preseason, he is def getting better.

It's funny he has only played 1 year, even though he has been here a while, but people still wanna call him a bust and we should cut him, crazy can these plays play two years before you run them out of town. Very rarely is a player great right away, and that's with all positions in football.

Did you ever notice the people who call him a bust only read stat sheets and hate the Gators? I have yet to read a post about why Fowler should be written off as a bust before he is able to fully participate in a whole offseason, training camp, and preseason with no knee issues. Funny is the wrong word - try illogical.

(09-06-2017, 01:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 01:02 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Fowler was the best pass rusher we had in the preseason, he is def getting better.

It's funny he has only played 1 year, even though he has been here a while, but people still wanna call him a bust and we should cut him, crazy can these plays play two years before you run them out of town. Very rarely is a player great right away, and that's with all positions in football.

Did you ever notice the people who call him a bust only read stat sheets and hate the Gators? I have yet to read a post about why Fowler should be written off as a bust before he is able to fully participate in a whole offseason, training camp, and preseason with no knee issues. Funny is the wrong word - try illogical.

Completely correct.
#iamlegend

I've softened on Fowler. I used to hate on the guy and call him garbage but he has clearly tried to improve this offseason and its showing. He was terrorizing QBs in the preseason. Our pass rush was clearly worse when he wasn't playing.