Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This is why Michael Bennett will sit all year

(09-07-2017, 10:17 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 08:28 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: Not really, but I also don't care that much about the convo.  I just always find it funny someone's love for the country can be summed up to if they stand up for a song.

Apparently 32 billionaires found it offensive enough to keep a capable employee unemployed, so I'm clearly not alone here.
I doubt they took offense to it.

They just didn't think his talent outweighed his distraction. There are plenty of other athletes who are kneeling and sitting out for the anthem that are still playing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-07-2017, 10:17 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 08:28 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: Not really, but I also don't care that much about the convo.  I just always find it funny someone's love for the country can be summed up to if they stand up for a song.

Apparently 32 billionaires found it offensive enough to keep a capable employee unemployed, so I'm clearly not alone here.

How many of those 32 billionaires actually came out and said they would not sign a player who sits during the national anthem? Shad Khan said the opposite. Jed York obviously has no problem with it either. Then there is the fact that some teams simply don't need quarterbacks, so it does not matter what they believe.

(09-08-2017, 09:19 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 10:17 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Apparently 32 billionaires found it offensive enough to keep a capable employee unemployed, so I'm clearly not alone here.

How many of those 32 billionaires actually came out and said they would not sign a player who sits during the national anthem? Shad Khan said the opposite. Jed York obviously has no problem with it either. Then there is the fact that some teams simply don't need quarterbacks, so it does not matter what they believe.

You like statistics. How many jobs does Kaep have this year? Ill help you. 0.

You mad?

(09-08-2017, 09:27 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 09:19 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: How many of those 32 billionaires actually came out and said they would not sign a player who sits during the national anthem? Shad Khan said the opposite. Jed York obviously has no problem with it either. Then there is the fact that some teams simply don't need quarterbacks, so it does not matter what they believe.

You like statistics. How many jobs does Kaep have this year? Ill help you. 0.

You mad?

[Image: 7d5ede0fa7485c7448f9fe5869498981--funny-...-stuff.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

In all seriousness, the issue is a pretty simple one from a personal standpoint.

Would you be upset if the teacher told you that your child sat during the national anthem at school?

(09-07-2017, 08:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 07:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I imagine you believe OJ Simpson didn't kill his former wife and Ronald Goldman, too. 

And Ted Bundy didn't kill all of those women. 

And JonBenet Ramsey's family had nothing to do with her murder.

Because they said they didn't do it and we all know they did.

It takes a warped mind, to side with warped minds..
I'm honestly not sure what word would describe her thought process.

(09-08-2017, 12:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 08:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: It takes a warped mind, to side with warped minds..
I'm honestly not sure what word would describe her thought process.

[Image: trolltastic3.png?w=640]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-08-2017, 09:27 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 09:19 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: How many of those 32 billionaires actually came out and said they would not sign a player who sits during the national anthem? Shad Khan said the opposite. Jed York obviously has no problem with it either. Then there is the fact that some teams simply don't need quarterbacks, so it does not matter what they believe.

You like statistics. How many jobs does Kaep have this year? I'll help you. 0.

You mad?

Huh? I hate statistics with no context, which is exactly what you just gave me there.

(09-08-2017, 01:52 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 09:27 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You like statistics. How many jobs does Kaep have this year? I'll help you. 0.

You mad?

Huh? I hate statistics with no context, which is exactly what you just gave me there.

You usually ignore anything with context if it disagrees with your opinion. You just move on to the next one.

(09-07-2017, 06:09 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 11:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You shouldn't believe everything you hear.

Obviously I don't believe everything I hear. My point is if Michael Bennett says one thing and the LVPD says another you should believe Bennett's side of it.

Can I ask, why would you side with Michael Bennett in this situation?
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(09-08-2017, 04:40 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 06:09 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Obviously I don't believe everything I hear. My point is if Michael Bennett says one thing and the LVPD says another you should believe Bennett's side of it.

Tryin to catch a trollfish?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-08-2017, 05:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 04:40 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Can I ask, why would you side with Michael Bennett in this situation?

Tryin to catch a trollfish?

[Image: 12c.jpg]
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(09-08-2017, 04:40 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 06:09 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Obviously I don't believe everything I hear. My point is if Michael Bennett says one thing and the LVPD says another you should believe Bennett's side of it.

The AOL article she read said he is innocent.

(09-08-2017, 03:42 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 01:52 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Huh? I hate statistics with no context, which is exactly what you just gave me there.

You usually ignore anything with context if it disagrees with your opinion. You just move on to the next one.

Show me statistics that actually mean something by themselves. What matters is the story behind them - how were those numbers produced?

kneeling for National Anthem + mediocre QB= 0 jobs
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(09-08-2017, 06:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 03:42 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: You usually ignore anything with context if it disagrees with your opinion. You just move on to the next one.

Show me statistics that actually mean something by themselves. What matters is the story behind them - how were those numbers produced?

I did some advanced calculations using scientific theory and knowledge..

[Image: 2lmxb45.png]
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2017, 07:45 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(09-08-2017, 06:23 PM)B2hibry Wrote: kneeling for National Anthem + mediocre QB= 0 jobs

That is not a story behind the numbers.

(09-08-2017, 07:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 06:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Show me statistics that actually mean something by themselves. What matters is the story behind them - how were those numbers produced?

I did some advanced calculations using scientific theory and knowledge..

[Image: 2lmxb45.png]

Wut? JDub is a whole 2% of the population?

(09-08-2017, 06:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 03:42 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: You usually ignore anything with context if it disagrees with your opinion. You just move on to the next one.

What are you talking about?

Is it the statistics or the story behind them? 

Police are more likely to shoot white people when considering their encounters with white and black people. The stat people use to justify their opinion that police shoot more black people is when they compare the shootings to their percentage of total population. In other words, since they make up 25% of police shootings but only 12% of the population, then some people believe they're shot at a higher rate. 

According to the DoJ, the black population makes up about 12% of the population but commit 62% of robberies, 57% of murders, and 45% of assaults. Police have more violent encounters with black people than they do with white people. Despite this, they still shoot fewer black people. Washington State Professor Lois James found that white police officers were less likely to shoot unarmed black suspects in simulated threat situations where violence was offered against them. 

Roland Fryer, Harvard professor, examined 1,000 officer-involved shootings and could not find an correlation to racial bias when deciding to shoot someone.

This is a false narrative that people use to claim victimhood. The media pushes it because it's good for their bottom line.

(09-09-2017, 02:41 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 06:15 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Show me statistics that actually mean something by themselves. What matters is the story behind them - how were those numbers produced?

What are you talking about?

Is it the statistics or the story behind them? 

Police are more likely to shoot white people when considering their encounters with white and black people. The stat people use to justify their opinion that police shoot more black people is when they compare the shootings to their percentage of total population. In other words, since they make up 25% of police shootings but only 12% of the population, then some people believe they're shot at a higher rate. 

According to the DOJ, the black population makes up about 12% of the population but commit 62% of robberies, 57% of murders, and 45% of assaults. Police have more violent encounters with black people than they do with white people. Despite this, they still shoot fewer black people. Washington State Professor Lois James found that white police officers were less likely to shoot unarmed black suspects in simulated threat situations where violence was offered against them. 

Roland Fryer, Harvard professor, examined 1,000 officer-involved shootings and could not find an correlation to racial bias when deciding to shoot someone.

This is a false narrative that people use to claim victimhood. The media pushes it because it's good for their bottom line.

OK, but what about using force to pin a black person to the ground just because he was fleeing from apparent gunshots? Do police treat white people the same way? That is how the anthem protests started - police brutality toward black suspects including but not limited to shootings. Also, how many of those white people who are shot by police were just walking away from the sound of gunshots or something like that instead of fleeing police after being named suspects? That could be what the protesting players are getting at.