Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Apparently I'm a 'domestic terrorist'

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 10:18 PM by americus 2.0.)

(09-09-2017, 07:32 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 06:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If this had been a conversation in person I don't know how I would have reacted. My hope is I wouldn't do anything stupid, but I'm certain she would have met the business end of my "domestic terrorist" self.

Even my husband knows not to piss me off. My anger issues are under control but push me hard enough and it'll get ugly with a quickness.

Where did it happen? Like on a message board or?...

It was a group discussion on Facebook. We both happen to be part of the same group of off grid/homesteaders women only. Women from around the world talk about what it's like to live off grid or how they're saving money to buy land, etc. 

The topic started out about North Korea having an EMP and "what would/could you do to protect yourself if they set one off" sort of thing. Someone made a comment about the US military and how we're warmongers and country killers, etc. I mentioned that I am an Army vet and the view of the US military being discussed was incorrect. The people in charge (politicians) make the decisions and folks like me who enlisted to serve our country don't always agree with what we're told to do but we follow orders. This......female made a comment to further talk smack and I very politely repeated what I said and she said she doesn't converse with domestic terrorists. I thought she was kidding. I actually laughed out loud. 

I told her it was because of many domestic terrorists that she benefits from the life she lives this country. She said she didn't. I went to her Facebook page to be sure she lives in the US, and she does- in Jacksonville no less! I told her, "I was just down in Jacksonville last week and it's still part of the US." I don't know if it freaked her out that I knew she lives in Jax (she has her entire life on her FB page for all to see) or what, but she didn't say a word after that. And by everything she has on her page she is most definitely a snot nosed liberal. I can almost guarantee I know the neighborhood she lives in just from her photos because I used to live there.

Between her yapping and the OP, who lives in New Zealand, talking smack about [BLEEP] they know nothing about I was pretty hot under the collar. To be called a domestic terrorist for serving my country? Yeah. A good thing it wasn't face to face.....

(09-09-2017, 08:58 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I think this is hilarious.. I have a distant family member who claims he 'could have been' in the SAS (UK equivalent to Delta Force) and if he did take them up on their 'offer' he would have been a high ranking officer... I shut him down once by saying "yeah, of course you could... that's the reason for why you've been unemployed for almost 15 years!"
BOOM!  Big Grin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-09-2017, 10:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 07:32 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Where did it happen? Like on a message board or?...

It was a group discussion on Facebook. We both happen to be part of the same group of off grid/homesteaders women only. Women from around the world talk about what it's like to live off grid or how they're saving money to buy land, etc. 

The topic started out about North Korea having an EMP and "what would/could you do to protect yourself if they set one off" sort of thing. Someone made a comment about the US military and how we're warmongers and country killers, etc. I mentioned that I am an Army vet and the view of the US military being discussed was incorrect. The people in charge (politicians) make the decisions and folks like me who enlisted to serve our country don't always agree with what we're told to do but we follow orders. This......female made a comment to further talk smack and I very politely repeated what I said and she said she doesn't converse with domestic terrorists. I thought she was kidding. I actually laughed out loud. 

I told her it was because of many domestic terrorists that she benefits from the life she lives this country. She said she didn't. I went to her Facebook page to be sure she lives in the US, and she does- in Jacksonville no less! I told her, "I was just down in Jacksonville last week and it's still part of the US." I don't know if it freaked her out that I knew she lives in Jax (she has her entire life on her FB page for all to see) or what, but she didn't say a word after that. And by everything she has on her page she is most definitely a snot nosed liberal. I can almost guarantee I know the neighborhood she lives in just from her photos because I used to live there.

Between her yapping and the OP, who lives in New Zealand, talking smack about [BLEEP] they know nothing about I was pretty hot under the collar. To be called a domestic terrorist for serving my country? Yeah. A good thing it wasn't face to face.....

(09-09-2017, 08:58 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I think this is hilarious.. I have a distant family member who claims he 'could have been' in the SAS (UK equivalent to Delta Force) and if he did take them up on their 'offer' he would have been a high ranking officer... I shut him down once by saying "yeah, of course you could... that's the reason for why you've been unemployed for almost 15 years!"
BOOM!  Big Grin

Wow.. what an arrogant jumped up little kid. Thinking she's clever.

Hey, I've stated before I'm not a hugely patriotic person (more to do with the government/Royal Family) but I really respect the military (my father was a Sergeant Major and served for 25 years). Much respect to you for your service. 14 years ago I almost joined, but I joined the Ambulance Service instead which I was/am proud of.

This kid is nothing but a keyboard warrior. She clearly has issues with the military. You can rest assured she will get put in her place if she ever has the guts to say her opinions out in public rather than over the internet.. Especially in a military city like Jacksonville.

...either that, or she's said it just to be contrary, if so then shame on her.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(09-09-2017, 10:25 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 10:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It was a group discussion on Facebook. We both happen to be part of the same group of off grid/homesteaders women only. Women from around the world talk about what it's like to live off grid or how they're saving money to buy land, etc. 

BOOM!  Big Grin

Wow.. what an arrogant jumped up little kid. Thinking she's clever.

Hey, I've stated before I'm not a hugely patriotic person (more to do with the government/Royal Family) but I really respect the military (my father was a Sergeant Major and served for 25 years). Much respect to you for your service. 14 years ago I almost joined, but I joined the Ambulance Service instead which I was/am proud of.

This kid is nothing but a keyboard warrior. She clearly has issues with the military. You can rest assured she will get put in her place if she ever has the guts to say her opinions out in public rather than over the internet.. Especially in a military city like Jacksonville.

She was full of herself and was pretty convinced that what was saying was 'right'. I'm not the only person she was debating with but I'm the only Vet so she launched her crap on me. Poor kid. It's a good thing I'm not a vengeful person. I could stalk her on FB without her even knowing and freak her out. But I have better things to do with my time.  

And hey, if you're happy with where your life is then good on you. My husband wishes he had enlisted but he didn't. He calls me his GI Jane. Lol

(09-09-2017, 10:30 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 10:25 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Wow.. what an arrogant jumped up little kid. Thinking she's clever.

She was full of herself and was pretty convinced that what was saying was 'right'. I'm not the only person she was debating with but I'm the only Vet so she launched her crap on me. Poor kid. It's a good thing I'm not a vengeful person. I could stalk her on FB without her even knowing and freak her out. But I have better things to do with my time.  

And hey, if you're happy with where your life is then good on you. My husband wishes he had enlisted but he didn't. He calls me his GI Jane. Lol

I hear so much crap said about the Army and I have to bite my tongue sometimes..

GI Jane, brilliant. Yeah don't get me wrong, my life would have headed in a totally different direction if I had've gone that route. I have no regrets at all, but I know with either of the choices I'd have made I would have a career to be proud of.

A position which I'm fortunate to be in.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(09-09-2017, 06:12 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 06:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I know it's frustrating but she will eventually learn to think for herself. My guess is she's ensconced in an echo chamber environment, but it won't last forever. I know you wouldn't allow a child's taunts to unnerve you, this should be regarded in the same light. Life is too short to let those who choose to be small-minded get under your skin.

But still, I'd pay to see Bunnie drop her with a throat punch.

I grew up on the westside and graduated from Forrest...don't think it couldn't happen. Ninja

I have no doubt.  Smile

So you were triggered by a 14 year old girl? lol.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

(09-09-2017, 10:30 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 10:25 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Wow.. what an arrogant jumped up little kid. Thinking she's clever.

Americus, thank you for your service and I understand your frustration. I was called "baby Killer" on a plane one time. I look at it this way, we have seen and done things that most people will never experience. We've been to places that most would not dare set foot.  You raised your right hand and swore to give your life for this country, not many can say that. So be very proud of your service and walk away smiling when some [BLEEP] tries to insult you for your dedication to THEIR freedom.
Again, thank you for your service.

All those hippies from the 60's decided to become college professors and they are now brainwashing the college students of the U.S.

(09-10-2017, 01:38 AM)Vino Wrote: So you were triggered by a 14 year old girl? lol.

Initially I laughed at the absurdity of being called a domestic terrorist and then it did kind of piss me off a little. If that means I was 'triggered' then so be it. I do kind of have a problem with my service to this country being reduced to that label. Especially when that label is being used in conjunction with Antifa, BLM, KKK, alt-right, etc. 

And she was early 20's. Not that it matters anymore these days. They all want to throw their sucker in the dirt and cry like toddlers who don't get what they want. The scary thing is these kids will run this country one day.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2017, 09:16 AM by Caldrac.)

It's just rehashed cycles of culture all over again. Just like the Vietnam veterans that came back and were labeled baby killers and spit on and ultimately couldn't find any work. It's the same rinse and repeat ideology that's being spread all over the country in our schools and on TV.

I have nothing against anybody that's served or wants to serve. But it ultimately boils down to the Politicians calling the shots and putting us in bad positions military wise. A lot of good young men and women sign up with the idea that they're defending their homes from real life threats of domestic terrorism. And as it was pointed out, not every solider agrees with what they're given order wise.

But if you stand down or choose to run by law you're going to be hunted down and thrown into a jail. It's pretty hard to get out of that or avoid that. My grandfather served in the Korean War and my Uncle served during the Gulf War and the earlier years of the war in Iraq before he was able to retire. It's a scary situation to be in under any circumstances. I've heard plenty of horror stories.

Today's society is emboldened to speak out thanks to radical left and self entitled teachings now. Of course not all self declaring liberals think like this. But it's mostly spewing from that side of the aisle. Which I find curious because their leading lady for the Democratic party (which she factually stole from Bernie Sanders) was beating on her chest and bleeding heart for a rise against Russia. She amplified the issues in the middle east under Obummer with her failed policies in Libya and Syria as well.

But you'll rarely catch one of them punks being open and honest about that. Never in my life time did I expect to see a Democrat of all people spear heading and further fortifying some of the policies and traditions that you would normally see out of a Neoconservative like the Bush family. Boy was I wrong.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-10-2017, 09:15 AM)Caldrac Wrote: But you'll rarely catch one of them punks being open and honest about that. Never in my life time did I expect to see a Democrat of all people spear heading and further fortifying some of the policies and traditions that you would normally see out of a Neoconservative like the Bush family. Boy was I wrong.

This. And if you try to get any of them to try and explain why they supported her they'll go into all the normal reasons why they support Democrats and completely ignore what you pointed out. The partisan lines seem to be as blurred as the front lines of the battlefield. There really are no front lines anymore and we can't guarantee who is running for, or already in office, isn't batting for the other team because it scores them points somehow.

thats freaking rediculus I never thought i would live to see the mistreatment of veterans happen again after vietnam
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(09-10-2017, 06:12 PM)realtorpat Wrote: thats freaking rediculus I never thought i would live to see the mistreatment of veterans happen again after vietnam

Nor did I, but consider the times we live in, the age of these kids spewing this crap and who is teaching them. Honest to God, I am glad I never had to put a kid through school because if they came out spouting that nonsense there would be some problems. I don't mind someone having an opinion different than mine, I do have a problem with talking smack about our men and women in uniform as Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen. If they did something to disgrace themselves that's one thing, but to generalize us as a whole as terrorists? Damn straight I have a problem with it.

(09-10-2017, 06:39 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 06:12 PM)realtorpat Wrote: thats freaking rediculus I never thought i would live to see the mistreatment of veterans happen again after vietnam

Nor did I, but consider the times we live in, the age of these kids spewing this crap and who is teaching them. Honest to God, I am glad I never had to put a kid through school because if they came out spouting that nonsense there would be some problems. I don't mind someone having an opinion different than mine, I do have a problem with talking smack about our men and women in uniform as Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen. If they did something to disgrace themselves that's one thing, but to generalize us as a whole as terrorists? Damn straight I have a problem with it.
So you blame the teachers for what kids say?

The majority of what kids say comes from their parents.

(09-10-2017, 06:57 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 06:39 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Nor did I, but consider the times we live in, the age of these kids spewing this crap and who is teaching them. Honest to God, I am glad I never had to put a kid through school because if they came out spouting that nonsense there would be some problems. I don't mind someone having an opinion different than mine, I do have a problem with talking smack about our men and women in uniform as Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen. If they did something to disgrace themselves that's one thing, but to generalize us as a whole as terrorists? Damn straight I have a problem with it.
So you blame the teachers for what kids say?

To a large degree that is a true statement, but to say teachers, especially professors, don't have a serious impact on how a student's opinions and worldviews are shaped is a bit naive. I wouldn't even say it's a majority of students who parrot their professors, but the minority of them who do spout stupid crap like this girl did are out there. 

There are a few young people I know who sound exactly like their parents and it's scary. It's like they weren't ever taught critical thinking or how to form their own opinions. I sound nothing like my parents and never did, and I didn't go to college so I had to learn my own way when it came to my thoughts, ideas and opinions on matters. And that changes from time to time based on life experiences. Perspective makes you see things differently from time to time.

(09-10-2017, 07:27 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 06:57 PM)Frailbones Wrote: So you blame the teachers for what kids say?

To a large degree that is a true statement, but to say teachers, especially professors, don't have a serious impact on how a student's opinions and worldviews are shaped is a bit naive. I wouldn't even say it's a majority of students who parrot their professors, but the minority of them who do spout stupid crap like this girl did are out there. 

There are a few young people I know who sound exactly like their parents and it's scary. It's like they weren't ever taught critical thinking or how to form their own opinions. I sound nothing like my parents and never did, and I didn't go to college so I had to learn my own way when it came to my thoughts, ideas and opinions on matters. And that changes from time to time based on life experiences. Perspective makes you see things differently from time to time.

I'm much more liberal than my parents, and I did go to college, so maybe there's something to that, but my parents make JIB and Wrong_Box sound like Bernie Bros.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-10-2017, 08:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 07:27 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: To a large degree that is a true statement, but to say teachers, especially professors, don't have a serious impact on how a student's opinions and worldviews are shaped is a bit naive. I wouldn't even say it's a majority of students who parrot their professors, but the minority of them who do spout stupid crap like this girl did are out there. 

I'm much more liberal than my parents, and I did go to college, so maybe there's something to that, but my parents make JIB and Wrong_Box sound like Bernie Bros.

I have some friends who are the same. I love them to pieces but we can't talk politics or anything politically charged like pro-life and pro-choice. They automatically think pro-choice means pro-abortion which, for me, it means women have the choice, government shouldn't interfere. But you can't tell them that. 

My husband's parents are democrats, but he's a republican and is a double major in architecture and business management from a liberal college here in NC. 

So there's an argument to be had as to whether or not young adults learn primarily from their parents, or are also influenced by college attendance, being in the military straight out of high school or just learn from life.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2017, 04:12 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Every generation has their share of idiots

Unfortunately, my generation comes from the Archie Bunker era so i'm not sure which is worse, being an uninformed millennial or being grouped into the racist X & Y generation

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2017, 10:28 AM by The Real Marty.)

(09-11-2017, 11:48 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 08:12 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm much more liberal than my parents, and I did go to college, so maybe there's something to that, but my parents make JIB and Wrong_Box sound like Bernie Bros.

I have some friends who are the same. I love them to pieces but we can't talk politics or anything politically charged like pro-life and pro-choice. They automatically think pro-choice means pro-abortion which, for me, it means women have the choice, government shouldn't interfere. But you can't tell them that. 

My husband's parents are democrats, but he's a republican and is a double major in architecture and business management from a liberal college here in NC. 

So there's an argument to be had as to whether or not young adults learn primarily from their parents, or are also influenced by college attendance, being in the military straight out of high school or just learn from life.

My theory is that people choose their political beliefs.   If you make a lot of money, you think taxes ought to be cut.  If you're poor, you think Medicaid should be expanded.   If you're doing manual labor, you think Mexicans should be kept out.  I remember during the Vietnam War, halfway through the war, they ended the draft deferment for college students.   Oh, man!  That's when the college students all of a sudden got REAL interested in ending the Vietnam War. 

Rich people think everyone should make it on their own.  Poor people think the government should help the poor.  People choose their beliefs, and then they go and figure out all the reasons why they should believe the way they do. A lot of it has to do with what benefits you personally, and a lot of it has to do with the people you associate with. I really think very little of it has to do with our parents or the college we went to.

(09-13-2017, 10:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 11:48 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I have some friends who are the same. I love them to pieces but we can't talk politics or anything politically charged like pro-life and pro-choice. They automatically think pro-choice means pro-abortion which, for me, it means women have the choice, government shouldn't interfere. But you can't tell them that. 

My theory is that people choose their political beliefs.   If you make a lot of money, you think taxes ought to be cut.  If you're poor, you think Medicaid should be expanded.   If you're doing manual labor, you think Mexicans should be kept out.  I remember during the Vietnam War, halfway through the war, they ended the draft deferment for college students.   Oh, man!  That's when the college students all of a sudden got REAL interested in ending the Vietnam War. 

Rich people think everyone should make it on their own.  Poor people think the government should help the poor.  People choose their beliefs, and then they go and figure out all the reasons why  they should believe the way they do.  A lot of it has to do with what benefits you personally, and a lot of it has to do with the people you associate with.  I really  think very little of it has to do with our parents or the college we went to.

This may be true for the average person but I didn't choose anything. From the ages of 17-39 I was just trying to survive life. I had some pockets of stability here and there, but for the most part I was living day to day without a thought as to how politics or politicians had anything to do with anything. 

I guess I was molded by life and everything I've lived through has shaped my ideals, political beliefs, etc. I definitely have a core belief.....system, for lack of a better word, but I've also lived enough to be able to be open-minded about things and can agree to disagree. 

I am quite the anomaly in my extended family (husband's people and church people.) I'm like that wandering gypsy girl who showed up and is alien-like in how I lived for so many years. So different from them in mind set.