Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Texans Game Day Thread***

Hi, Jaguars fans!    Smile  Our Jacksonville Jaguars play the Houston Texans both on the road and as their AFC South rival in the opening week of the 2017 NFL Regular Season.   Jaguars are also attempting this year to improve from their 2016 regular season record, and also make the playoffs and win more than 10 games since their 11-5 record back on 2007.

Jacksonville is seeking to end their 6 game regular season losing streak and win over Houston for the first time in almost four years, last winning  and sweeping the season series  back in the 2013 NFL season, first winning 13-6 at then named Reliant Stadium back on November 24, and later defeating the Texans again 27-20 at EverBank Field back on December 5, 2013.

Jaguars officially begin their 16th regular season as a charter member of the NFL, and seek to win their third division title, and their first title in the AFC South division, since winning  the AFC Central Title just three years into their NFL existence winning back-to-back titles in 1998 and 1999.

Kickoff from NRG Stadium in Houston is by 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time.

There is a possibility the wrath of Hurricane Irma may slowly cross north between Talahassee and Jacksonville as the Jaguars @ Texans game is being play, and we hope the Jaguars fans do not suffer any property damage in Northern Florida, the Florida Panhandle, Georgia and Alabama.

NO injuries on the playing field, both the Jaguars and Texans will entertain and compete on the gridiron in the next three hours in Houston, and GO JAGUARS!!!!! Wink Cool Big Grin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Welp, we're back in business boys. Lets see how this season goes, feels like just yesterday we were talking about week one vs GB.

Houston Harveys vs Jacksonvile Irmas

Jaguars 16
Texans 14
'02

I just want want our defense to clobber Savage like their D is going to clobber Bortles. Team with the most turnovers wins.

You always say no injuries but there is always an injury that happens

Will the game be aired today or will storm coverage interrupt it?

I'm expecting 20-17 with the tinhorns pulling it out, but I'm hoping the Jags' O-Line and run game can find a way to find some traction and surprise me today.

The Jags will need some success on the ground plus a positive turnover ratio to win IMO.

I think the local broadcast will have a few brief interruptions for hurricane updates, but they'll save most of it for halftime.

Wouldn't make sense to go to hurricane coverage. Plenty of other channels covering it.

We're gonna wait and see. 

Houston definitely has the emotional momentum on this one. Regardless of the hurricane, taking into account what we saw in preseason, I would have given this game to Houston anyway. My biggest hope is that we at least look competitive to the end.

(09-10-2017, 09:04 AM)rufftime Wrote: Wouldn't make sense to go to hurricane coverage.  Plenty of other channels covering it.

Yeah, but have you watched our local CBS affiliate's weather coverage?  Making sense isn't part of their repertoire. 

Five minutes ago they had some clown standing by the jax beach pier with a raincoat hood cinched tight over his face wearing safety goggles.  Meanwhile conditions there are merely what we see every Fall when the nor-easter pattern repeats itself a dozen times or more.

I wouldn't put it past them to break in for an update. Especially if they have to close a bridge around town somewhere due to winds.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2017, 09:18 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

(09-10-2017, 07:40 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: You always say no injuries but there is always an injury that happens

Amelia means he does not want any injuries.

(09-10-2017, 07:49 AM)Jags Wrote: Will the game be aired today or will storm coverage interrupt it?

Last night the Oklahoma/Ohio State game was interrupted once each quarter. I am afraid that will happen during the Jaguars/Texans game too.

(09-10-2017, 01:16 AM)Sosa Wrote: Welp, we're back in business boys. Lets see how this season goes, feels like just yesterday we were talking about week one vs GB.

Yesterday
All my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks like Bortles throws three picks today
Oh, I believe in yesterday

(09-10-2017, 07:49 AM)Jags Wrote: Will the game be aired today or will storm coverage interrupt it?
Probably be interrupted by storm coverage or Cheers reruns.

Ready to see the father and son matchup today

(09-10-2017, 10:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ready to see the father and son matchup today

[Image: giphy.gif]

Of course the game will be interrupted by Hurricane coverages, not sure why this is even being asked. Go Jags you can win this!! Stay safe Jax!!

(09-10-2017, 10:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 10:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ready to see the father and son matchup today

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 21462644_384878441928940_594961834372757...e=5A1823F5]

The first key for me is the first Texans possession. If the Jags force a 3 and out, game on. I'm assuming the Jags will go 3 and out for the first few possessions, amid the electric atmosphere and noise in the first quarter. Punting is not a four-letter word today.

Here in Houston!! Gonna be sporting my A-Rob jersey behind the Jags bench!! Let's go Jags!!!