Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Unsung hero of the game: Cam Robinson.

First game in the NFL - going up against a fired up JJ Watt, on the road. Watt did nothing today.

In fact, the entire OL deserves a ton of credit. I've ragged on them as much as anyone in the preseason, but they were practically flawless today. Houston's front 7 are legit. For the OL to have that kind of performance against them, in their own backyard - it bodes well for the season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The one time Bortles was under fire was on a blitz and he was hit while he threw. Other then that there was always an escape route from Watt or whatever they were doing rush wise. Marqise Lee was also throwing himself into the linebackers and pushing people.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2017, 05:24 PM by RedRooster28.)

Cam will be very sung after this week, trust me.

Agree with the above poster bout Marqise though, Lil man was playing fierce in blocking.

Yeah , I'd like to pat myself on the back in that I exclaimed he was the best OT in the draft while most posters thought he didn't warrant a first round grade. Me 1 dopey 0.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Yep, the whole offensive line had their Bortles out.

Robinson was a coughlin pick.

Parnell deserves praise as well. Blake had an easy day,.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Wrong! The entire offensive line deserves credit. A TON OF CREDIT!

As does the entire team.

Come on, Roger Goodell was in the Houston press box. The officials did their usual best to help the opposing team. We had a story book entry for Watson. All the stars were aligned against the Teal and Black and for the the first time in forever they overcame it all!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Great job by Ronbinson and the whole line. Unbelievable almost.

I wonder if Watt is the same guy, but regardless Clowney and Mercilus did absolutely nothing as well.

(09-10-2017, 05:38 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Great job by Ronbinson and the whole line. Unbelievable almost.

I wonder if Watt is the same guy, but regardless Clowney and Mercilus did absolutely nothing as well.

I doubt he is, but the rest of that defensive line is for real. Still it's hard to rush the passer when Fournette is running the ball down your throat.

SIGN HIM TO AN EXTENSION ALREADY

(09-10-2017, 05:32 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Robinson was a coughlin pick.

Says you, so freaking predictable.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

i have been very impressed by his attitude and his performance thus far. Both have exceeded my expectations.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Maybe Cam is better than Joekel

(09-10-2017, 06:15 PM)jagboss Wrote: Maybe Cam is better than Joekel

Well Joeckel just got whipped and Wilson fumbled due to it. Nothing has changed in his play.

Robinson exposed Clowney for the overrated bum he is. He wouldn't even start in Jacksonville.

Parnell did great on Watt all day as well

They saw all that Linder money and they eyes lit up

Cam Robinson looked better today than Eugene Monroe did at any point in his first 3 years, and better than Joeckel did in his entire career.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

As someone who admittedly preferred Lamp over Cam, I'm sure glad the Jags traded up for the tackle. Even if Lamp didn't get hurt and had a great season, it is much harder to find that prototypical left tackle. I know it's only 1 game, but he couldn't have been more impressive.

He looked like a future All Pro