Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How is there no back-up plan at QB?

This is the most questionable thing that the new regime hasn't done yet. What happens if Bortles doesn't improve or gets hurt? Are we all in on Henne? Or Allen who hasn't seen any game action? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Get a life they know what they doing

Because the o-line is full of hall of famers and Bortles will only be allowed to throw 9 passes a game based on the 1950s wishbone offense that suits him.
Taking it to the top of the Modis building.  

Name a *for sure* option that would have come in to training camp with a legitimate shot to not just win the battle in camp, but lead this team to a winning record. Or do that if Blake goes down. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Quote:Name a *for sure* option that would have come in to training camp with a legitimate shot to not just win the battle in camp, but lead this team to a winning record. Or do that if Blake goes down. Go ahead. I'll wait.

JimmyG

Our plan is if Blake doesn't improve then we are unintentionally tanking for Darnold or Rosen..fifth year option on Blake be damned
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:JimmyG

He said a "for sure" option.

Quote:Name a *for sure* option that would have come in to training camp with a legitimate shot to not just win the battle in camp, but lead this team to a winning record. Or do that if Blake goes down. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Hell, they don't even have to be "for sure". I'm just talking capable. Do you trust the ball in Henne's hands to win us games? 

Help is not on the way. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

dont worry guys we are gonna trade for brett hundley

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2017, 11:53 PM by SamusAranX.)

Quote:Hell, they don't even have to be "for sure". I'm just talking capable. Do you trust the ball in Henne's hands to win us games?

No. But I don't trust Kaepernick. Or Mettenberger. Osweiler. Or the unproven rookies of the draft. The list goes on. My point is that any QB you bring in right now is virtually indistinguishable from what we would get out of henne. It's like trading a dose of snake venom for scorpion venom. One might theoretically be less harmful but both still suck

Quote:No. But I don't trust Kaepernick. Or Mettenberger. Osweiler. Or the unproven rookies of the draft. The list goes on. My point is that any QB you bring in right now is virtually indistinguishable from what we would get out of henne. It's like trading a dose of snake venom for scorpion venom. One might theoretically be less harmful but both still suck

But would you trust Henne more than Kaep or Mett? I wouldn't personally. We know what Henne is.

I do hope Blake stays healthy and succeeds. I've spent like 300 dollars on 3 different jerseys for the guy. The non homer side of me says we need something/anything better than Henne on the sideline for insurance.

In Tom we trust.

No pain, no gain.

The backup plan is the 2018 draft. Its not that hard to see.

Guess this account is the one now? Rip HR86 2010-2017.

They going with BB5, starting a different thread and renaming it each week will not change anything! Go Jags!!!!!!!!!

If Bortles stinks we'll likely have a high pick which we use on a QB. If he does well then we have our QB.

Quote:JimmyG

Thats a pipe dream he wasn't getting traded. The Browns had a stupid amount of picks and they couldn't even get a trade started.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Back up plan ....... 2018 draft.

Quote:No. But I don't trust Kaepernick. Or Mettenberger. Osweiler. Or the unproven rookies of the draft. The list goes on. My point is that any QB you bring in right now is virtually indistinguishable from what we would get out of henne. It's like trading a dose of snake venom for scorpion venom. One might theoretically be less harmful but both still suck

Kapernick is way better than Henne. Stop it.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2017, 07:17 AM by SkeetBroball2.)

Quote:If Bortles stinks we'll likely have a high pick which we use on a QB. If he does well then we have our QB.

Yup. This staff is all in or Bortles or they'll give up the farm to make sure they get their guy next year. It's a win win. That being said on Bortles:

I think this year will show us what he is. If he has a 2015 level year with less INTs and more wins to go with it, great. If he has an Alex Smith type year and only win 5-7 games, even if we win 8-9 but he struggles, well then I think it's time to move on.

He either is the clear cut guy or we mortgage our future (depending on where we pick) for a QB next year. There's no "he's ok" option for Blake now.