Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
tacks week pre/post game talk

So much for making the tacks regret signing Cyprien. He's out for multiple weeks with some injury. One of their corners broke his hand too, although they're getting a corner back that was hurt and DNP vs the Raidahs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-11-2017, 05:50 PM)Treestone Ice Wrote: So much for making the tacks regret signing Cyprien. He's out for multiple weeks with some injury. One of their corners broke his hand too, although they're getting a corner back that was hurt and DNP vs the Raidahs.

Not really concerned about the Safety that couldn't beat out Cyp to start
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017, 07:11 PM by The Drifter.)

I'm going to put this one in the win collum. The Tacks got owned at home and now they got to play on the road.

Jags 28
Tacks 10
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2017, 12:23 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

I don't know who we are going to throw the ball to this week but I hope that defense shows up at home. The Titans are a better smash mouth team and Mariota needs to be game planned for. If we play anything like we did this past Sunday we may win convincingly again. Even when we looked pathetic the last few years we could beat the Titans every year. If Houston loses Thursday at Cincinnati and the Colts inevitably lose again we'd essentially have a 2.5 game lead in the division just 2 games in since we'd already own all the tiebreakers.
No pain, no gain.

My concern about this game has to do with the tendency of previous seasons for this team to be terribly inconsistent. If the Jags play up to their potential, they should win. Showing that they can play well in consecutive games will be the next big step in their growth.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/10/gi...ening-win/

If only we could have snatched this guy from their practice squad.

(09-11-2017, 07:10 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I'm going to put this one in the win column. The Tacks got owned at home and now they got to play on the road.

Jags 28
Tacks 10

I don't call a 10-point loss getting "owned" LOL. But they did get owned last time they went to Jacksonville, and that was with less talented players on both sides of the ball.

(09-12-2017, 02:26 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 07:10 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I'm going to put this one in the win column. The Tacks got owned at home and now they got to play on the road.

Jags 28
Tacks 10

I don't call a 10-point loss getting "owned" LOL. But they did get owned last time they went to Jacksonville, and that was with less talented players on both sides of the ball.

28-10 is an 18 point loss
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-12-2017, 02:33 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 02:26 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I don't call a 10-point loss getting "owned" LOL. But they did get owned last time they went to Jacksonville, and that was with less talented players on both sides of the ball.

28-10 is an 18 point loss

I thought you were referring to the Raiders game.

(09-12-2017, 12:21 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I don't know who we are going to throw the ball to this week but I hope that defense shows up at home. The Titans are a better smash mouth team and Mariota needs to be game planned for. If we play anything like we did this past Sunday we may win convincingly again. Even when we looked pathetic the last few years we could beat the Titans every year. If Houston loses Thursday at Cincinnati and the Colts inevitably lose again we'd essentially have a 2.5 game lead in the division just 2 games in since we'd already own all the tiebreakers.
Jags weren't going to be throwing the ball that much this season even with ARob.

This team is going to play like the Chiefs. Run the ball, don't turn it over, don't take chances and play really good defense. The 35-40 passes a game days are over. So although ARob is gone and that sucks, the offense likely doesn't change.

(09-12-2017, 02:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 02:33 PM)mvannostran Wrote: 28-10 is an 18 point loss

I thought you were referring to the Raiders game.

I was refering to the Raiders game, what was it, 26-16??????
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2017, 02:42 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-11-2017, 02:09 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 01:55 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Yeah, if we go to 2-0 and take a commanding division lead, I think we're playoff bound.  I want to see how the defense does against the tacks.  I expect the offense to perform even better.  If we can shake the drops, we're looking really good in the passing game IMO.
Man.... Slow down.

You need to get out of 1st gear !!  

Banana

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2017, 02:51 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(09-12-2017, 02:36 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 12:21 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I don't know who we are going to throw the ball to this week but I hope that defense shows up at home. The Titans are a better smash mouth team and Mariota needs to be game planned for. If we play anything like we did this past Sunday we may win convincingly again. Even when we looked pathetic the last few years we could beat the Titans every year. If Houston loses Thursday at Cincinnati and the Colts inevitably lose again we'd essentially have a 2.5 game lead in the division just 2 games in since we'd already own all the tiebreakers.
Jags weren't going to be throwing the ball that much this season even with ARob.

This team is going to play like the Chiefs. Run the ball, don't turn it over, don't take chances and play really good defense. The 35-40 passes a game days are over. So although ARob is gone and that sucks, the offense likely doesn't change.

There is no such thing as not taking chances in football. Teams take chances on every play whether it is a run, pass, or kick. And the Chiefs are not strictly a running team this year if their game against the Patriots is any indication.

(09-12-2017, 02:36 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 02:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I thought you were referring to the Raiders game.

I was referring to the Raiders game, what was it, 26-16??????

Ten points differential, not getting owned.

(09-12-2017, 02:36 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 02:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I thought you were referring to the Raiders game.

I was refering to the Raiders game, what was it, 26-16??????

Yeah that's my bad. I mis-read.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

lol you jags fans are cute

you abused a dismantled texans oline and think you are the AFCS favorites now? right after losing your best(read: only) WR?

yeahhhhhhhhhh you guys are totally set...... im sure just stuffing the run and letting bortles sling it all game wont be an easy gameplan for EVERY team the rest of the year......

Warned.

Had some trouble finding the new site. What I searched "Duval pride" I got a bunch of results for a gay parade in Jacksonville.

You guys are full of confidence and why not. Remember though, the Titans OTs are a little different than what the Houston Cows have. One is an All Pro and the other went to the Pro Bowl. It will not be quite as easy this time around.
[Image: V9hW2kPAQr8S1Jxg.jpg]

(09-12-2017, 06:13 PM)The Hammer Wrote: You guys are full of confidence and why not. Remember though, the Titans OTs are a little different than what the Houston Cows have. One is an All Pro and the other went to the Pro Bowl. It will not be quite as easy this time around.

The tinhorns o-line is a joke, to be sure, and the thumbtacks' line is certainly not.  Most Jags fans are keenly aware that we won't get the same amount of pressure as week one.  But stopping the run will be more of the game plan for our front seven anyway this Sunday. 

The bigger question to me is whether the Jags can continue to spring Fournette and Ivory by throwing the kitchen sink of two TE sets and a FB out in front of the RB. 
If they keep having success there, Bortles won't have to do too much and the Jags have a chance.

Mariota is going to get the Poi squished out of him this Sunday by Calais. Doc Tony will even offer him a cold drink and a ride after.

He comes back to this stadium with the fresh memory of getting broken here last time and having just witnessed a ten sack game by the guys that did it to him.

Jags win in a blow out 42-10.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-12-2017, 05:36 PM)VondyP Wrote: lol you jags fans are cute

you abused a dismantled texans oline and think you are the AFCS favorites now? right after losing your best(read: only) WR?

yeahhhhhhhhhh you guys are totally set...... im sure just stuffing the run and letting bortles sling it all game wont be an easy gameplan for EVERY team the rest of the year......

Strong post count. 

I'll take Lee and Hurns over Davis and Decker all day long. 

For the last part, you know Houston tried to stuff the run all game and Fournette still ran on them. 

Maybe Mariota's season will be ended quicker than usual this Sunday.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS