Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chargers ballot fails.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000736442

they didn't get 2/3s to pass a hotel tax.

to me it seems like this was a keep face approach. the chargers just want to be able to say later that "they tried". they're moving, most likely to L.A.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I figured that may have been the Jags last game in SD earlier this year though if Jags and Chargers are in last, they'll be playing next season and I suspect any move for Chargers won't happen till the new stadium is built but the stadium will empty out...

Quote:I figured that may have been the Jags last game in SD earlier this year though if Jags and Chargers are in last, they'll be playing next season and I suspect any move for Chargers won't happen till the new stadium is built but the stadium will empty out...

The NFL scheduling rules have teams alternating locations in rematches. Last year we hosted the Chargers and Bills and visited the Ravens. So there is zero chance we visit the Chargers in 2017 no matter what happens to them.

Quote:The NFL scheduling rules have teams alternating locations in rematches. Last year we hosted the Chargers and Bills and visited the Ravens. So there is zero chance we visit the Chargers in 2017 no matter what happens to them.

How do you explain the Lions hosting the Eagles both in 2015 and 2016 and the Saints hosting the Lions in 2015 and 2016?

Quote:How do you explain the Lions hosting the Eagles both in 2015 and 2016 and the Saints hosting the Lions in 2015 and 2016?

I don't know how on Earth that happened, or the Jaguars traveling to Oakland two consecutive years (2012 and 2013). It is not supposed to work that way.

Quote:I don't know how on Earth that happened, or the Jaguars traveling to Oakland two consecutive years (2012 and 2013). It is not supposed to work that way.

Why isn't it suppose to work that way?  

Quote:  Why isn't it suppose to work that way?  

The same scheduling format that made the NFL eight four-team divisions and two wild card spots in each conference. Changes include a four-year period for all 32 teams to play against all 31 other teams. You Lions will meet my Jaguars in Detroit this year, then play in Jacksonville the next time (four years later).

Quote:The same scheduling format that made the NFL eight four-team divisions and two wild card spots in each conference. Changes include a four-year period for all 32 teams to play against all 31 other teams. You Lions will meet my Jaguars in Detroit this year, then play in Jacksonville the next time (four years later).

Though there are cycles for NFL games a you described,  for conference games there are two each season that have unknown opponents until the previous season is complete.   That's why teams in the same conference sometimes end up playing each other in the same location two or even three straight seasons.  

Quote:  Though there are cycles for NFL games a you described,  for conference games there are two each season that have unknown opponents until the previous season is complete.   That's why teams in the same conference sometimes end up playing each other in the same location two or even three straight seasons.  

My question is why do they schedule consecutive road games to the same opponents no matter who they are?

Quote:My question is why do they schedule consecutive road games to the same opponents no matter who they are?

Using the AFC South as an example, in the seasons that division for example aren't scheduled to play the AFC West,  2 of the 16 games are determined by which spot in the divisional standings a team finishes.   With the Home and Away determination being made in advance.   IMO,  the formula actually makes a great amount of sense because there's no bias involved in the decision making process.    Though it can lead to the Lions playing the Cardinals 3 straight seasons in the same sight as has happened twice already,   at least humans aren't making the decision after the previous season results are complete..

Quote:Using the AFC South as an example, in the seasons that division for example aren't scheduled to play the AFC West,  2 of the 16 games are determined by which spot in the divisional standings a team finishes. With the Home and Away determination being made in advance. IMO, the formula actually makes a great amount of sense because there's no bias involved in the decision making process. Though it can lead to the Lions playing the Cardinals 3 straight seasons in the same sight as has happened twice already, at least humans aren't making the decision after the previous season results are complete..

I know about the two "at large" games. I was wondering why we played at Oakland in both 2012 and 2013 instead of one at Oakland and the other at Jacksonville.

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000736442

they didn't get 2/3s to pass a hotel tax.

to me it seems like this was a keep face approach. the chargers just want to be able to say later that "they tried". they're moving, most likely to L.A.

Agree.  They knew going in they weren't going to get 2/3.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I know about the two "at large" games. I was wondering why we played at Oakland in both 2012 and 2013 instead of one at Oakland and the other at Jacksonville.

Your ability to completely derail and destroy a thread is uncanny. 

Quote:Your ability to completely derail and destroy a thread is uncanny. 

If you want to get mad at me for hijacking, look at what posts I actually reply to. I was not the one who started it.