Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags make Shaun O'Hara's top 5 O-Lines of the week

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2017, 06:12 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Good to see our oline getting a little love.  Hopefully they can keep it up

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...f-patriots

[Image: 21728320_10155151756647695_7751520277482...e=5A136528]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think your gigantic signature is broken
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

At the end it gives praise to AJ Cann. Like I have said in other threads it is great they did well. But lets see how good they are when we are down 14+ points and we have to throw the ball more.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2017, 12:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-13-2017, 09:35 PM)archer56 Wrote: I think your gigantic signature is broken

It's not a gif.  It's just a screen shot of one of the plays.  Look at the protection

Number 2 on Shaun O'Hara's top 5 O-Lines of the week for week 3

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000...AEA&sr=amp

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2017, 09:24 PM by archer56.)

(09-14-2017, 12:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 09:35 PM)archer56 Wrote: I think your gigantic signature is broken

It's not a gif.  It's just a screen shot of one of the plays.  Look at the protection

mmm that "signature line" keeps messing me up since it looks the same as if you posted something without a response yet. apologies.

Here's hoping that we show up on their more times than the titans this year as we're 2/3 now

(09-14-2017, 11:03 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: At the end it gives praise to AJ Cann. Like I have said in other threads it is great they did well. But lets see how good they are when we are down 14+ points and we have to throw the ball more.

Cann's strength has been his pass protection so I see no issues there. It's nice to see how well he's improved this year in the run game.
'02

I like our guys getting some love. Our o line has far exceeded what I feel most of us expected from them and that is really refreshing. If we keep this up I have a hard time believing we miss the playoffs.

I wonder with marrone being a line coach how much hand he has in the training of the OL this year now that Bradley is gone and he can train them the way he wants. They deff play with a grit to them this year unlike the last four years.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2017, 01:31 AM by jseymour.)

(09-27-2017, 09:33 PM)archer56 Wrote: I wonder with marrone being a line coach how much hand he has in the training of the OL this year now that Bradley is gone and he can train them the way he wants.  They deff play with a grit to them this year unlike the last four years.

I don't think you can give him credit. He was here as the line coach for several years with no improvement. Actually regression.

(09-28-2017, 01:31 AM)jseymour Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 09:33 PM)archer56 Wrote: I wonder with marrone being a line coach how much hand he has in the training of the OL this year now that Bradley is gone and he can train them the way he wants.  They deff play with a grit to them this year unlike the last four years.

I don't think you can give him credit. He was here as the line coach for several years with no improvement. Actually regression.

Regression? Did you actually SEE our line in 2013 and 2014? It was so bad that a few members of the media even mentioned that Alabama's D-line could beat them. It actually started to improve once Marrone came on board. We think our line isn't good, but the rest of the league seems to think it's solid.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2017, 03:15 AM by Tuxedo.)

(09-27-2017, 11:26 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: The much maligned Parnell:

https://twitter.com/bigduke50/status/913233367105142785

https://twitter.com/bigduke50/status/913236062578860032

Unfortunately for Parnell, his penalties are what make him stand out to most fans, but when healthy he's an average to above average starting right tackle. We could certainly do a lot worse at the position.

I think that would more have to do with Greg Olsen than Gus Bradley, especially considering the offense improved a bit under Hackett last season too. Anyways, the line play has steadily improved under Marrone's tenure and it's continued into this season. Rebuilding a line, especially rebuilding one on the backs of rookies, takes time. We're now starting to see some of the fruits of that rebuild.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2017, 06:09 AM by The Real Marty.)

(09-14-2017, 11:03 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: At the end it gives praise to AJ Cann. Like I have said in other threads it is great they did well. But lets see how good they are when we are down 14+ points and we have to throw the ball more.

Of course that is true.  The defense holds down the other team, which takes the pressure off the offense, the threat of the improved running game takes the pressure off the pass protection, the other team comes in a little flat, which happens very often in pro football, we throw on first down....  Etc etc.

There are so many factors that go into better pass protection.