Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clear Media Bias against the Jags

I don't want to be negative after such a huge win for our franchise, but I've got to tell you....the blatant media bias against the Jags has absolutely chapped my rear end. I wake up so excited Monday and the first thing I do is go to the Power Rankings, fully expecting the Jags to be anywhere between 1-3 and what do I see:

- 23rd on USA Today
- 21st ESPN 

So let me get this straight, after the most dominating win on NFL Sunday the Jags stay behind two super bowl teams we beat during the preseason in highly, highly emotional games, several teams who didn't play and another team who drew 29 fans to their home opener.... What a joke!!!

And it gets worse....

EVERY single newspaper I have researched early this week have the Jags as an Underdog in the point spread section for this weeks game?  So not one newspaper picks us to win??? Is the media trying to keep us down???  We win by 22, The Titans lose by ten to a phenomenally well coached but severely outmanned Oakland team and we are an underdog - a rationale person just can't explain this.  This is clearly another case of Goodell screwing the Jags by controlling all of the media. It has to be.

What should have happened is the national media should be picking up on this fascinating story.  A story where mismanagement (Del Rio, Garrard, Scobee) over the last decade has set our team back but through shrewd moves, strategic coaching hires and outstanding work by Kirsten Grohs, Contract Research and Salary Cap Analyst, have turned the Jags from a laughingstock into a super bowl contender. Or another story where the Jags overcome having the worst kicker in the league, and dominate the home opener, defeating the highly favorite Texans. Or...."Marrone and the Miracles" - the story of how Coach Marrone deprogrammed himself through extensive psychotherapy from everything he learned from Gus Bradley and after just one short preseason has the Jags in first place in ALL of the NFL!!!

It is time for the media to accept the fact that the "Teal Curtain" is here to stay and Roger Goodell needs to accept the fact that we are REALLY good.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2017, 09:10 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-13-2017, 08:55 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: EVERY single newspaper I have researched early this week have the Jags as an Underdog in the point spread section for this weeks game?  
Is that a question?  Huh
Thanks for clarifying they have them as an Underdog in the point spread section.  I usually look elsewhere in the paper to see whether they are a favorite or an underdog.  Laughing

Jags need to be consistently good first probably. Also I think our run game was ok and the D was great but they probably want to see what happens when jags need to throw more.
No Fun

The media is feeling somewhat snake bitten when it comes to our Jags. They said nice things about us the last 2 preseason and we failed miserably in living up to their hype. Give it time.... One game does not a dynasty, make.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Lol, this is an attempt at sarcasm...right?

It's better this way. I don't think its a good idea for the media to stroke this young team just yet, since they will easily let it go to their heads

It makes more sense if you know what's going on.

Tony Gonzalez said the Jags have the best defense in the NFL on FS1. There is definitely still hate though, I gotta kick out of what walterfootball said,

" I can't see Cam Robinson and Jermey Parnell blocking Brian Orakpo and Derrick Morgan, respectively. Jurrell Casey will destroy Patrick Omameh. By the end of the afternoon, Bortles will know exactly how Tom Savage and Deshaun Watson felt."

Uh, does he realize who we played this past week?

I am just as exited as anyone else. I think if we win this Sunday we are in the driver's seat for the division.. But on the other hand it is just one game... Against a team with a struggling QB/OLine. Yes, what we did in the run game was impressive... But we have to keep going. No one is crowned after week 1 of any season no matter what the media says. Being a Jags fan for many years, most should be over what the media says about us, its usually not good lol.

We do it again this week, it's gonna be bananas
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We've lost far too often for me to believe this one was much more than a fluke. I'll get more confident when we win a few more, and I don't expect others to feel much differently.

(09-13-2017, 11:49 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: We've lost far too often for me to believe this one was much more than a fluke. I'll get more confident when we win a few more, and I don't expect others to feel much differently.

So you want to believe any dominant win is a fluke until it is repeated against teams with no significant injuries?

Complaining about the media, it's like we're back in 2005 again.

We should be underdogs for this game. You're never as good as you look in week one or as bad. This is get even week. It happens every season. I still think we finish 3rd. Although, the texans QBs are awful which means we may be able to finish 2nd.

Your humorous piece of obviously sarcastic narrative is appreciated.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2017, 08:49 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

You go out and win this game, the media will start to take you serious. If we lose, it's same old Jags.

(09-13-2017, 10:30 PM)Kcirred Wrote: Tony Gonzalez said the Jags have the best defense in the NFL on FS1.  There is definitely still hate though, I gotta kick out of what walterfootball said,

" I can't see Cam Robinson and Jermey Parnell blocking Brian Orakpo and Derrick Morgan, respectively. Jurrell Casey will destroy Patrick Omameh. By the end of the afternoon, Bortles will know exactly how Tom Savage and Deshaun Watson felt."

Uh, does he realize who we played this past week?

TG said this??? I haven't watched those guys in awhile, but usually TG insults the Jags with a smug look on his face like he is getting paid a commission for it.

2 wins away from matching last seasons win total.

a win this weekend and we'll just need 1 more !!

I think the media is completely against the Jags. As Omaha's #1 stated, we wipe the floor with the Super Bowl participants of last year and brutally destroy JJ Watt's media darling, Houston, and "move up" to 21st. Last time I checked my newspaper, we had the best record in the league.
President, Omaha for Jacksonville

Good to see the Omaha satire in full effect