Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lions fan respond to racial slur used against her for sitting during National Anthem

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.fox2detro...iral-photo
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's pretty ignorant.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

The third stanza of the national anthem? Really? Who the hell even knows it, or that it even existed? This stunt looks more like a case of 'look at me'.

Ignorant is racist now? This is why no one in their right mind takes those kind of claims seriously.

And her excuse for being ignorant demonstrates the fact that she is.

Ergo, to some people facts are racist.

Welcome to the Left's Utopia.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

In before Jfc: 'No one is going to condemn the white business owner for calling them the n word?'

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2017, 08:13 AM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

(09-15-2017, 06:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ignorant is racist now? This is why no one in their right mind takes those kind of claims seriously.

It's pretty clear cut he used a racial slur strictly because she sat during the anthem making him a racists andbigot. It's not that hard to understand unless you are looking for an reason to excuse his actions.

(09-15-2017, 07:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: In before Jfc: 'No one is going to condemn the white business owner for calling them the n word?'

No worries, he has already been condemned by the public, been banned by the Lions from attending Ford Field,all the while White House and company has stayed silent on this issue, but want to see Hill fired.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

The White House?

"We gotta build our country back together, we gotta come together. "

Yeah, sitting during the anthem is the best way to accomplish that.

(09-15-2017, 09:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The White House?

Didn't you know? The Left wants the US government to monitor every word said by every American and punish those who use words considered offensive to the politically correct.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(09-15-2017, 08:11 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 06:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ignorant is racist now? This is why no one in their right mind takes those kind of claims seriously.

It's pretty clear cut he used a racial slur strictly because she sat during the anthem making him a racists and bigot. It's not that hard to understand unless you are looking for an reason to excuse his actions.

It's not really clear cut because all I see is the word "ignorant." The Word Will Shall Not Be Used", if that's what is really there, is obscured and therefore requires a modicum of faith in those whom we hold faithless.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2017, 09:46 PM by JaG4LyFe. Edit Reason: Wouldn't want KFC to think I was racist because of auto correct. )

Haha, JFC back at it again.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Just to provide a little background from a different perspective-

I've read this article twice, and I still don't get it. The whole point seems very obscure. But here it is-

http://www.theroot.com/star-spangled-big...1790855893

(09-16-2017, 07:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Just to provide a little background from a different perspective-

I've read this article twice, and I still don't get it.   The whole point seems very obscure.   But here it is-  

The point is "How dare Key trash talk the Brits!"

This topic prompted me to Google "Star Spangled Banner." I had never thought about doing  that before because it is pretty obvious Francis Scott Key wrote about what he saw at a war battle. It is crazy to think most Americans don't even know the entirety of their national anthem.

Regarding the Lions revoking season tickets, I think they went way too far. The fan did not deserve a permanent ban from Ford Field.

OMG... There was slavery when our National Anthem was penned?!?

You know what that means?. That means it's racist.. Time to go loot the local CVS for drugs..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-16-2017, 11:30 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: OMG... There was slavery when our National Anthem was penned?!?

You know what that means?. That means it's racist.. Time to go loot the local CVS Foot Locker for drugs Kicks.

FTFY.

(09-16-2017, 12:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 11:30 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: OMG... There was slavery when our National Anthem was penned?!?

You know what that means?. That means it's racist.. Time to go loot the local CVS Foot Locker for drugs Kicks.

FTFY.

Just going through a list now.. Good fix..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-16-2017, 04:56 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 12:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: FTFY.

Just going through a list now.. Good fix..

Priorities!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2017, 06:21 AM by The Real Marty.)

(09-16-2017, 08:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 07:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Just to provide a little background from a different perspective-

I've read this article twice, and I still don't get it.   The whole point seems very obscure.   But here it is-  

The point is "How dare Key trash talk the Brits!"

It wasn't trash talking the Brits, it was trash talking the slaves who sided with the Brits. 

Here is the third stanza: 

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

What he was saying was, the slaves who sided with the British would pay with their lives.  

And really, would you expect a slave to fight for the country that enslaved them?   Of course not.  That's why some slaves sided with the British in the war of 1812.  

Personally, I think iit's kind of obscure and not worth protesting in the 21st century, but there it is. Interesting history.

(09-22-2017, 06:20 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 08:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The point is "How dare Key trash talk the Brits!"

It wasn't trash talking the Brits, it was trash talking the slaves who sided with the Brits. 

Here is the third stanza: 

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

What he was saying was, the slaves who sided with the British would pay with their lives.  

And really, would you expect a slave to fight for the country that enslaved them?   Of course not.  That's why some slaves sided with the British in the war of 1812.  

Personally, I think iit's kind of obscure and not worth protesting in the 21st century, but there it is.  Interesting history.

England captured and impressed sailors into their navy. That's a form of slavery. Key could have used the term "slave" instead of "impressed sailor." It was a poem after all, and "slave" is an easier word to fit and rhyme. Since Francis Scott Key is long dead, we can't ask him what he intended with those lines.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"