Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Make subject title fields longer

Thumbs Down 

The length of subject title fields is ludicrous. If I want a long thread title I can't see all of it at the same time. Please fix this. Wallbash

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-14-2017, 06:34 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The length of subject title fields is ludicrous. If I want a long thread title I can't see all of it at the same time. Please fix this. Wallbash

Are you talking about the title of the whole thread or of the individual post?

At any rate, I treat titles/subjects as I do the generally accepted standard for email subjects, which is that they should be short and to the point.
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

Ain't nobody got time for long titles...that's what the body of the post is for.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(09-14-2017, 08:28 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Ain't nobody got time for long titles...that's what the body of the post is for.

What?  You don't love those Monday titles that begin:

"Is it just me? Or did anyone else notice this about our defense yesterday when they were in nickel formation and the strong safety was shaded to the weak side of the formation? "

(09-14-2017, 08:28 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Ain't nobody got time for long titles...that's what the body of the post is for.

The long title I was writing was ***Official Houston Texans at Cincinnati Bengals Thread***

Here is what it looks like in the typing field:

***Official Houston Texans at Cincinnati Be

Can you see how this is annoying to thread starters?

(09-15-2017, 12:40 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

The long title I was writing was ***Official Houston Texans at Cincinnati Bengals Thread***

So an ***Official Texans at Bengals thread*** would show up perfectly. I think it's safe to assume that anyone reading this board is going to know who you're talking about. Or if you really want the longer title, write the title in the body of the post, then cut and paste it in the title section. That way you'll know if you've spelled everything correctly.

That's just because we don't want you starting threads.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think they should be limited to six and half characters.

" I can name that thread in four characters Jim."
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Is this on mobile, because I see very long titles on a PC

(09-15-2017, 06:44 PM)newporttom Wrote: Is this on mobile, because I see very long titles on a PC

I think she means when you're typing them out.

If I understand correctly, you are saying that the box is simply not wide enough to accommodate the text you are typing in? I can see that as being irritating, especially since there is a whole bunch of space there for the text box to expand into. I'll try to fix that shortly. 

(09-15-2017, 12:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 12:40 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The long title I was writing was ***Official Houston Texans at Cincinnati Bengals Thread***

That's just because we don't want you starting threads.

Not helpful or called for, especially in the "Board Feedback" forum, where we literally ASK for people's feedback about the board. Lay off.

(09-15-2017, 07:57 PM)Superuser Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 12:40 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: The long title I was writing was ***Official Houston Texans at Cincinnati Bengals Thread***

If I understand correctly, you are saying that the box is simply not wide enough to accommodate the text you are typing in? I can see that as being irritating, especially since there is a whole bunch of space there for the text box to expand into. I'll try to fix that shortly. 

(09-15-2017, 12:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That's just because we don't want you starting threads.

Not helpful or called for, especially in the "Board Feedback" forum, where we literally ASK for people's feedback about the board. Lay off.

Yeah, and?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I still wonder if this is a mobile thing. I just created a new thread to check this..... not only is the box very wide, but when I hit the end, it scrolled..

She's not on mobile, she posts from a computer.

(09-15-2017, 11:07 PM)newporttom Wrote: I still wonder if this is a mobile thing.  I just created a new thread to check this..... not only is the box very wide, but when I hit the end, it scrolled..

It scrolls sure, but why should it need to when there is all that space? 

It should be an easy fix...
I am r00t. I am r00t? I AM r00t.

(09-16-2017, 12:51 AM)Superuser Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 11:07 PM)newporttom Wrote: I still wonder if this is a mobile thing.  I just created a new thread to check this..... not only is the box very wide, but when I hit the end, it scrolled..

It scrolls sure, but why should it need to when there is all that space? 

I see nothing to fix. The box is super wide even before it starts scrolling.  Someone else take a look.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2017, 03:05 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(09-16-2017, 12:51 AM)Superuser Wrote: It scrolls sure, but why should it need to when there is all that space? 

You do not understand correctly. I was complaining about not seeing the entire subject title when I type it so then I have to hold down the left arrow to proofread the text. Because I can't edit thread titles and moderators seem to not care about typos in them, it is irritating.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2017, 03:10 PM by Jagwired.)

(09-16-2017, 03:04 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 12:51 AM)Superuser Wrote: It scrolls sure, but why should it need to when there is all that space? 

You do not understand correctly. I was complaining about not seeing the entire subject title when I type it so then I have to hold down the left arrow to proofread the text. Because I can't edit thread titles and moderators seem to not care about typos in them, it is irritating.

But you can edit thread titles. Just click full edit and bingo. Edit away.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-16-2017, 03:04 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

Really...  Is it that inconvenient for you to press the arrow keys to proofread what you write?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-16-2017, 06:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 03:04 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: You do not understand correctly. I was complaining about not seeing the entire subject title when I type it so then I have to hold down the left arrow to proofread the text. Because I can't edit thread titles and moderators seem to not care about typos in them, it is irritating.

Really...  Is it that inconvenient for you to press the arrow keys to proofread what you write?

It is like what you used to put in every post: That is not logical! People should be able to see the whole title when they type it.