Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What would it take to get Jimmy Garappolo - tomorrow?

I'd give up first round picks in 2018 and 2019.

Bortles has to go - now, tonight. He is sucking what little air is left out of this franchise. This loss is entirely on him - not because of what he did do - the fumble and two INTs- but because of what he's not doing - scoring TDs when it counts. He's simply not a QB you can count on to lead your team down the field and score - except, of course, when the game is out of hand. This is his fourth year - enough!

I see two possible replacements. Garappolo and Andy Dalton.  Jimmy G is my first choice, because he's young, and after seeing his play with the Patriots, I think he's the real deal. Tom Brady is balling right now - and plans to play for another few years. With the Jags two first round picks, the Patriots could easily draft his replacement.

The second option could be Andy Dalton. The Bengals are thinking about making the switch to McCarron, and so Dalton could be trade bait. Yes, I know Dalton has struggled - but he's head over heals better than Henne or Bortles. Maybe a change of scenery would work for him.

I'd give up a second round pick and a late round pick for him. He's not worth a first round pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Borderline impossible. He's the only backup they have.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If we knew he would be a franchise QB then multiple 1st round picks is probably worth it, sadly!

Not going to happen. This will most likely be Brady's last year.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Can he play OL?
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

If we called up Bill right now it would cost us a kings ransom. Probably something like this year's 1st and 2nd and next year's 1st and 3rd

This might sound silly, and I don't know if he'll be the same again, but what about Teddy Bridgewater? He is set to become a free agent this upcoming offseason. He is a bit brittle, but he is pretty accurate.

It sucks we are this desperate for a QB, after not having a QB since 2007.

I know everybody loves to find any reason they can to hate Bortles (plenty of it is warranted), but to say this game was entirely his fault is foolish and clueless.

Cam Robinson got straight up smoked by Orakpo on that fumble. That was not Bortles' fault, Robinson straight up whiffed and got Bortles lit up.

Bortles first INT was a nice play by the defender to get his hand up and deflect that ball at the last second. Nice play by the Defense.

The 2nd INT was definitely Bortles fault. Threw an awful pass behind Lee. He also missed Hurns on a deep throw and was almost picked. If he doesn't short arm that it should be an easy catch for Hurns.

Bortles wasn't out there holding people and grabbing people's face masks. He had some bad throws and some missed chances without a doubt, but he wasn't committing bad penalties that was putting this Offense way behind the chains.

Teams just aren't going to be successful when they're starting multiple drives in 1st/2nd and 20+ for a first down. Plain and simple.

(09-17-2017, 05:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I know everybody loves to find any reason they can to hate Bortles (plenty of it is warranted), but to say this game was entirely his fault is foolish and clueless.

Cam Robinson got straight up smoked by Orakpo on that fumble. That was not Bortles' fault, Robinson straight up whiffed and got Bortles lit up.

Bortles first INT was a nice play by the defender to get his hand up and deflect that ball at the last second. Nice play by the Defense.

The 2nd INT was definitely Bortles fault. Threw an awful pass behind Lee. He also missed Hurns on a deep throw and was almost picked. If he doesn't short arm that it should be an easy catch for Hurns.

Bortles wasn't out there holding people and grabbing people's face masks. He had some bad throws and some missed chances without a doubt, but he wasn't committing bad penalties that was putting this Offense way behind the chains.

Teams just aren't going to be successful when they're starting multiple drives in 1st/2nd and 20+ for a first down. Plain and simple.

Bortles pocket awareness was trash.

Bortles accuracy is trash.

Bortles leadership is worse than trash

Give me a QB who leads his team

I don't care. Do whatever it takes.

(09-17-2017, 04:54 PM)tealfootball Wrote: This might sound silly, and I don't know if he'll be the same again, but what about Teddy Bridgewater? He is set to become a free agent this upcoming offseason. He is a bit brittle, but he is pretty accurate.

A first round QB and signing Teddy to be the competition/backup that would be best case scenario. They just said this morning Teddy's rehab has gone so well they probably could have gotten away with not putting him on PUP to start the year.

Won't happen. We just need to hit on a QB in this upcoming draft. Hopefully Coughlin is making the decision.

(09-17-2017, 04:54 PM)tealfootball Wrote: This might sound silly, and I don't know if he'll be the same again, but what about Teddy Bridgewater?  He is set to become a free agent this upcoming offseason.  He is a bit brittle, but he is pretty accurate.

I've been thinking the same thing actually. As much as I don't think Teddy is a world beater, he'd lead this offense well. 

I'm still not opposed to Cousins either
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2017, 05:14 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Nope what if he turns out to be Matt Cassell

We have to wait it out this year, Alex Smith, Drew Brees, Cousins even Jimmy and AJ McCarran can be FA's or available

Plus its a solid draft for QBs
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2017, 05:13 PM by haveaseat.)

Your season mantra being "#WinToday" and trotting Blake Bortles onto the field every Sunday is the most ironic and confusing thing in a decade of Jaguars football.

I straight up thought there was gonna be a point where Ramsey refused to go on the field if Bortles kept playing.

(09-17-2017, 05:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Bortles first INT was a nice play by the defender to get his hand up and deflect that ball at the last second. Nice play by the Defense.

To be fair, Bortles leads the league in passes batted at the LoS by a large margin for a reason. A lot of passes are going to be deflected "last second" when he stares down receivers and has such a slow release. His last second is a lot longer than the rest of the leagues QBs last second.

The coaching staff is infatuated with Bortles' athleticism but they're still missing the fact that he doesn't have QB instincts. Brandon Allen may never make it in the NFL but his QB instincts are light years beyond BB5. Our running game will only be a force if the opposing defense respects our passing game and they haven't done that in years.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-17-2017, 05:14 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 05:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Bortles first INT was a nice play by the defender to get his hand up and deflect that ball at the last second. Nice play by the Defense.

To be fair, Bortles leads the league in passes batted at the LoS by a large margin for a reason. A lot of passes are going to be deflected "last second" when he stares down receivers and has such a slow release. His last second is a lot longer than the rest of the leagues QBs last second.

Him having to throw the ball so many times over the past couple of seasons certainly play into those numbers as well though.

I don't care if we bring freaking David Garrard back. I just don't want to see Blake out there anymore.