Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How good can the TITANS be?

After todays game, the TITANS are in first place with their 1-0 division record. This was the top priority after last years finish. All of the offseason hype was dulled with their terrible preseason and the loss to the raiders. I've seen this team start slow before, in games and seasons...
I think this team is better than they're playing, and by mid season will be on a roll. With their last half of the schedule easier than the first even a 3-3 start or so puts them on track, providing they win their games in the division. 
Do you think the TITANS can go on to compete with the steelers chiefs and pats?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-18-2017, 01:15 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: ...
I think this team is better than they're playing, and by mid season will be on a roll. With their last half of the schedule easier than the first even a 3-3 start or so puts them on track, providing they win their games in the division. 
Do you think the TITANS can go on to compete with the steelers chiefs and pats?

I doubt it.  Those teams have quarterbacks that can expose weaknesses in a team's secondary. The steelers and chefs will complement that with top notch run games as well. 

I don't see the tacks' D standing up well to Tyreek Hill/Kareem Hunt or Antonio Brown/L.Bell combinations. 
Bilichick and Brady will just identify the weakest spots of the tacks' secondary and attack them relentlessly. 

But hey, any given Sunday, right?

TN is not weak at CB. That was true last year. I think you saw Adorre Jackson take Fournette down and completely shut down your WR. He also played lights out week against Cooper. Cooper had 13 targets and got 6 catches and Jackson defended 6 with three great red zone break ups. Also Fournette got taken down by Jackson one on one yesterday. How did Ramsey look with Henry on the TD run. That is two years in a row HEnry trucked your top CB. Ramsey is bigger than Jackson and LF and henry are close to the same size. Ryan and Simms with Jackson is not a weakness. TN has three new CB's. This is not last years Titan team. JAckson also is a ST demon and Jax felt that yesterday. Ramsey does not offer that aspect at all.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

TN beat 5 playoff teams last year including the Chiefs at home. They are not a perfect team but they are way better than last yr on D and ST. The offense has started slow but once it rolls it becomes tough to stop. Ask GB or Miami. I think Jax has the parts on D. You need to fix the OL, QB and improve ST and go from there. Resigning ARob would be wise now on the cheap. He is the best player on O you have beside LF.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(09-18-2017, 10:06 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: TN is not weak at CB. That was true last year.   I think you saw Adorre Jackson take Fournette down and completely shut down your WR.  He also played lights out week against Cooper.  Cooper had 13 targets and got 6 catches and Jackson defended 6 with three great red zone break ups.  Also Fournette got taken down by Jackson one on one yesterday.  How did Ramsey look with Henry on the TD run.  That is two years in a row HEnry trucked your top CB.  Ramsey is bigger than Jackson and LF and henry are close to the same size.  Ryan and Simms with Jackson is not a weakness.  TN has three new CB's.  This is not last years Titan team.  JAckson also is a ST demon and Jax felt that yesterday.  Ramsey does not offer that aspect at all.

I disagree.  Lee and Hurns were getting open consistently in the game. They just weren't getting the accurate passes or the right looks from Bortles. 

Hell, the 4.5 running UDFA Hurns had your super speedy CB Jackson smoked down the sideline but Blake threw it short and Hurns had to stop and wait on it. 

[Image: ppFRYlu.png]

If Derek Carr had no trouble throwing on that secondary, nether will Brady, Rothlisberger or Smith.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2017, 10:55 AM by CTEisREAL.)

Jax had time after it was decided. With 4 min left in 3rd Bortles had 57 yards passing.

Jackson played quite well against a lot better QB and WR last week. Cooper had 65 yds and one TD and Crabtree did nothing to Jackson. Seth Roberts had one catch against Ryan.

So I am OK with you disagreeing........but you need some windex on your glass eyes. Compare Jackson first two weeks with Ramsey. Ramsey did nothing until the last 6 games last year. In fact his first game against us was a beat down for him. But he played well the latter half of the year. Ithink Jackson has already shown he was the best CB in the draft based upon how the other CB drafted above him have done. I thank god every day for Jackson because he is, in my opinion our real first round pick and not Davis. I think Davis has bust potential. Taylor the thrid rounder has been making highlight reel plays all camp and done well in limited snaps so far. He needs to be given Davis snaps and yesterday he got some.......and he produced over Bouye on that deep throw and Jet sweep

And here is the stat on Henry: Henry saw 8+ defenders in the box 71% of the time today (most of any RB). He still averaged 6.6 yards per rush attempt (2nd best).

(09-18-2017, 10:55 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote:  I thank god every day for Jackson because he is, in my opinion our real first round pick 

Awww.  That's adorable. 

Doesn't jive very well with your signature, but whatever. I don't expect you hillbillies to make any actual sense. 

I jest, and I actually like Jackson.

He'll be good. Trying to diminish Ramsey to prop him up just makes you look like a fool, but whatever.  They are both good ascending corners. I think Ramsey will end the season with a much better rating than your rook.

(09-18-2017, 10:06 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: TN is not weak at CB. That was true last year. I think you saw Adoree Jackson take Fournette down and completely shut down your WR. He also played lights out week against Cooper. Cooper had 13 targets and got 6 catches and Jackson defended 6 with three great red zone break ups. Also Fournette got taken down by Jackson one on one yesterday. How did Ramsey look with Henry on the TD run. That is two years in a row HEnry trucked your top CB. Ramsey is bigger than Jackson and LF and Henry are close to the same size. Ryan and Simms with Jackson is not a weakness. TN has three new CB's. This is not last years Titan team. Jackson also is a ST demon and Jax felt that yesterday. Ramsey does not offer that aspect at all.

If you seriously think Jalen Ramsey is not a good CB you don't know what a good CB is. He is the one who ran an interception back for six points against your team last year. It is not normal for Ramsey to have a bad game. He was not drafted for ST. He was drafted to be the #1 CB and has clearly played like one. Good luck looking for reasons he is a bad CB.

(09-18-2017, 10:55 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Jax had time after it was decided.  With 4 min left in 3rd Bortles had 57 yards passing.  

Jackson played quite well against a lot better QB and WR last week.  Cooper had 65 yds and one TD and Crabtree did nothing to Jackson.  Seth Roberts had one catch against Ryan.  

So I am OK with you disagreeing........but you need some windex on your glass eyes.  Compare Jackson first two weeks with Ramsey.  Ramsey did nothing until the last 6 games last year.  In fact his first game against us was a beat down for him.  But he played well the latter half of the year.  Ithink Jackson has already shown he was the best CB in the draft based upon how the other CB drafted above him have done.  I thank god every day for Jackson because he is, in my opinion our real first round pick and not Davis.  I think Davis has bust potential.  Taylor the thrid rounder has been making highlight reel plays all camp and done well in limited snaps so far.  He needs to be given Davis snaps and yesterday he got some.......and he produced over Bouye on that deep throw and Jet sweep

And here is the stat on Henry:  Henry saw 8+ defenders in the box 71% of the time today (most of any RB). He still averaged 6.6 yards per rush attempt (2nd best).
1) Ramsey is playing on a bumb ankle.

2)  Your cornerbacks will never remotely be the player that Ramsey is.

I get that your a Titan homer, but please don't come here and spout this kind of garbage without being able to back it up.  You've now said that your back up running back and your cornerback are better than our two best players. 

I've now seen 3-4 Tennessee fans come here that know next to nothing about football.

I think Ramsey is a good CB ........but it took a long time for him to show it last yr. Jackson has elite ST skills and elite CB skills and has shown it from day one. You only heard what you thought I said, and did not pay attention to the epistemology of my words. Ramsey has not looked good tackling Henry since he has been in the league. He got trucked on the Thursday night game last year and lit up by the WR's and he got trucked on the 17 yard run by Henry again this year.

Those are not homer opinions. Those things happened.

(09-18-2017, 02:11 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I think Ramsey is a good CB.......but it took a long time for him to show it last year. Jackson has elite ST skills and elite CB skills and has shown it from day one. You only heard what you thought I said, and did not pay attention to the epistemology of my words.  Ramsey has not looked good tackling Henry since he has been in the league. He got trucked on the Thursday night game last year and lit up by the WRs and he got trucked on the 17 yard run by Henry again this year.  

Those are not homer opinions.  Those things happened.

You are cherry-picking. I told you what Jalen Ramsey did against your team in Week 16, when we had the same HC that we do now. When was Derrick Henry a #1 WR? Never. He is just a RB. It is not Ramsey's job to cover guys who wear 20s numbers. He is the team's #1 CB and wears #20. It should not be that hard to figure out why he failed to stop Henry or DeMarco Murray.

(09-18-2017, 02:37 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 02:11 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I think Ramsey is a good CB.......but it took a long time for him to show it last year. Jackson has elite ST skills and elite CB skills and has shown it from day one. You only heard what you thought I said, and did not pay attention to the epistemology of my words.  Ramsey has not looked good tackling Henry since he has been in the league. He got trucked on the Thursday night game last year and lit up by the WRs and he got trucked on the 17 yard run by Henry again this year.  

You are cherry-picking. I told you what Jalen Ramsey did against your team in Week 16, when we had the same HC that we do now. When was Derrick Henry a #1 WR? Never. He is just a RB. It is not Ramsey's job to cover guys who wear 20s numbers. He is the team's #1 CB and wears #20. It should not be that hard to figure out why he failed to stop Henry or DeMarco Murray.

Is it his job to stop #82 versus throwing a cheap shot into his back when he isn't looking?
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(09-18-2017, 02:11 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I think Ramsey is a good CB ........but it took a long time for him to show it last yr.  Jackson has elite ST skills and elite CB skills and has shown it from day one.  You only heard what you thought I said, and did not pay attention to the epistemology of my words.  Ramsey has not looked good tackling Henry since he has been in the league.  He got trucked on the Thursday night game last year and lit up by the WR's and he got trucked on the 17 yard run by Henry again this year.  

If the best thing you can come up with involves a CB tackling a 250 pound back poorly, you may need to study up some more. Especially concerning the role of a CB in a defense. 

Ramsey is an elite corner. Right now. Even playing hurt. Corners aren't expected to tackle like line-backers all the time. 

That whole narrative about Ramsey's play early last season has been de-bunked over and over again here so much that I can't stomach to break it down again for the uninitiated who clearly didn't watch him play in all of those games. 

I'm glad you love your guy. Trying to diminish Ramsey just makes you sound like you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I actually think the Titans could get as far as the AFC championship, along with 5-6 other teams at the moment.

(09-18-2017, 03:18 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 02:37 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: You are cherry-picking. I told you what Jalen Ramsey did against your team in Week 16, when we had the same HC that we do now. When was Derrick Henry a #1 WR? Never. He is just a RB. It is not Ramsey's job to cover guys who wear 20s numbers. He is the team's #1 CB and wears #20. It should not be that hard to figure out why he failed to stop Henry or DeMarco Murray.

Is it his job to stop #82 versus throwing a cheap shot into his back when he isn't looking?
Do you have to base your argument on one stupid penalty that is called on many defensive backs around the league? That is lame.  Wallbash

While they throttled us in the second half, they looked pedestrian the first half.

They may be the best team in the AFCS, but I don't think they're ready to compete for the conference.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I think the comparison was Jackson as a rookie vs Ramsey as a rookie. We all thought Jackson would turn into a pretty good player. It just seems that he's catching on faster than anticipated. Titans secondary is already much improved from last year. How good they can be remains to be seen.

(09-18-2017, 08:15 PM)mvannostran Wrote: While they throttled us in the second half, they looked pedestrian the first half.

They may be the best team in the AFCS, but I don't think they're ready to compete for the conference.

Only time will tell if they are even the best team in the AFCS. I will not take them seriously based on one win against a division rival.

Jackson is going to be special but what he adds on ST is something Ramsey doesnt have and that is big

(09-18-2017, 11:47 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 08:15 PM)mvannostran Wrote: While they throttled us in the second half, they looked pedestrian the first half.

Only time will tell if they are even the best team in the AFCS. I will not take them seriously based on one win against a division rival.

But the Jags turned a corner and were ready to compete based on one win against a division rival.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.