Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How good can the TITANS be?

(11-20-2017, 01:59 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 01:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Should the Jags really be scared of the Titans offense? That's a serious question. Jags have the #1 passing defense and have allowed 50 yards a game on the ground in the last 3. 

Point differential is a great indicator of how good a team actually is..... Jags are +104 (best in the AFC) and the Titans are -31. So although the Titans won in week 2, I think most people would say the Jags are the better team. Week 17 might not even matter if the Jags keep taking care of business against teams they should beat.

Who knows.  Depends on whether good Marcus or bad Marcus shows up.  Titans are -31 largely because of 2 really bad losses (Houston and Pittsburgh).  Should the Titans be scared of the Jags offense?  I've only seen them a couple of times this year, but nothing to be scared of based on what I've seen.  If both teams win out or the Titans otherwise remain one game behind the Jags, the last game will be for the division.
I'll take a team that has only been shown up bad one half and has blown out the completion multiple times against both good and bad teams over a team that hasn't scared anyone in any week while their qb play and running game has been on a solid decline. While Titans have won games, they weren't making any statements. Week two was too long ago to be the only thing to cling on to. The point differential isn't lying. Two very bad losses are still bad losses while ours is good because of some really good wins. So we have had really good wins. And you have had big losses. That reveals something you can't just ignore. Even if they beat the jags again and have our number, this Titans team isn't as good as you wanna defend in homeristic fashion.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2017, 02:34 PM by unf_nashvillian.)

(11-20-2017, 02:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 08:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I doubt it.  Those teams have quarterbacks that can expose weaknesses in a team's secondary. The steelers and chefs will complement that with top notch run games as well. 

I don't see the tacks' D standing up well to Tyreek Hill/Kareem Hunt or Antonio Brown/L.Bell combinations. 
Bilichick and Brady will just identify the weakest spots of the tacks' secondary and attack them relentlessly. 

But hey, any given Sunday, right?

(09-18-2017, 10:06 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: TN is not weak at CB. That was true last year...

Hmmm.  Antonio Brown hung 144 yards and 3 TDs on that vaunted secondary - And Bell tacked on 103 APY.  Just as I suggested they would on the first page of this thread.

That "mid-season roll" seems to have been derailed.

Was one game.  On a short week.  At Heinz field.  Really poor offensive performance for sure and the defense started to cave in the second half, but I'd pump the brakes a little on the whole "derailed" thing.  Another poor performance against the Colts this Sunday and we can start talking about the train coming off the tracks.

(11-20-2017, 02:31 PM)Pdiddy Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 01:59 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Who knows.  Depends on whether good Marcus or bad Marcus shows up.  Titans are -31 largely because of 2 really bad losses (Houston and Pittsburgh).  Should the Titans be scared of the Jags offense?  I've only seen them a couple of times this year, but nothing to be scared of based on what I've seen.  If both teams win out or the Titans otherwise remain one game behind the Jags, the last game will be for the division.
I'll take a team that has only been shown up bad one half and has blown out the completion multiple times against both good and bad teams over a team that hasn't scared anyone in any week while their qb play and running game has been on a solid decline. While Titans have won games, they weren't making any statements. Week two was too long ago to be the only thing to cling on to. The point differential isn't lying. Two very bad losses are still bad losses while ours is good because of some really good wins. So we have had really good wins. And you have had big losses. That reveals something you can't just ignore. Even if they beat the jags again and have our number, this Titans team isn't as good as you wanna defend in homeristic fashion.

Sounds an awful lot like what I heard in 1998/1999.  We've been here before haven't we...
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(11-20-2017, 02:30 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 02:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hmmm.  Antonio Brown hung 144 yards and 3 TDs on that vaunted secondary - And Bell tacked on 103 APY.  Just as I suggested they would on the first page of this thread.

Good point. However, that game could have gone another way. Not going to list excuses but the bad Titans were not going to be denied. 
The Titans have underperformed this year, no doubt. But they are still in pretty good shape. The Jags have overperformed, which suggests a reversal may be upcoming. The division title will be won in Nashville, and the better team will win it

LOL at "underperforming" and "overperforming" ...like what makes you think this? Off-season expectations? That's understandable but doesn't change the fact that they arnt as good as you thought straight up.  I thought Tennessee would be better but they are who they are. I guess the patriot have been over performing for years now

(11-20-2017, 02:32 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 02:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hmmm.  Antonio Brown hung 144 yards and 3 TDs on that vaunted secondary - And Bell tacked on 103 APY.  Just as I suggested they would on the first page of this thread.

Was one game.  On a short week.  At Heinz field.  Really poor offensive performance for sure and the defense started to cave in the second half, but I'd pump the brakes a little on the whole "derailed" thing.  Another poor performance against the Colts this Sunday and we can start talking about the train coming off the tracks.

(11-20-2017, 02:31 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: I'll take a team that has only been shown up bad one half and has blown out the completion multiple times against both good and bad teams over a team that hasn't scared anyone in any week while their qb play and running game has been on a solid decline. While Titans have won games, they weren't making any statements. Week two was too long ago to be the only thing to cling on to. The point differential isn't lying. Two very bad losses are still bad losses while ours is good because of some really good wins. So we have had really good wins. And you have had big losses. That reveals something you can't just ignore. Even if they beat the jags again and have our number, this Titans team isn't as good as you wanna defend in homeristic fashion.

Sounds an awful lot like what I heard in 1998/1999.  We've been here before haven't we...

Both teams were on a short week. Can't use that as an excuse. And we played in Pitt as well. But you don't wanna acknowledge that without excuses i bet. As far as 1998, who cares what it "sounds" like.  Unless your running game becomes elite again, this Titans team, even with it's wins, isn't the same, isn't scary, and doesn't show the potential that was there before the season.

The Jaguars team that played the Titans early in the season is not the same Jaguars team we're seeing now. They have grown a lot as the season progressed. The hole on the defense was against the run in week 2. That hole is no longer there. The Titans will have a much tougher task in week 17.

Jaguars win by 14.

(11-20-2017, 01:59 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 01:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Should the Jags really be scared of the Titans offense? That's a serious question. Jags have the #1 passing defense and have allowed 50 yards a game on the ground in the last 3. 

Point differential is a great indicator of how good a team actually is..... Jags are +104 (best in the AFC) and the Titans are -31. So although the Titans won in week 2, I think most people would say the Jags are the better team. Week 17 might not even matter if the Jags keep taking care of business against teams they should beat.

Who knows.  Depends on whether good Marcus or bad Marcus shows up.  Titans are -31 largely because of 2 really bad losses (Houston and Pittsburgh).  Should the Titans be scared of the Jags offense?  I've only seen them a couple of times this year, but nothing to be scared of based on what I've seen.  If both teams win out or the Titans otherwise remain one game behind the Jags, the last game will be for the division.
Combination of 2 bad losses and barely beating bad teams.

The last game of the season will most likely decide the division considering I doubt either team runs the table here. The Jags offense won't scare anyone but their defense should. Blake has improved as the season has gone on and he's playing better than Mariota. Jags have the edge in the running game, QB and defense. So the Jags should win against the Titans. Should is the key word.

As a homer i have faith that the Titans will get rolling. Before the season i thought their biggest weakness was coaching. Maybe it still is. People forget that this is only year 2 of a rebuild. The fact they are 6-4, even with that negative point diff makes me think the best is yet to come. Last year they had a mid season surge, then crapped out in jax. This year the surge will come at the right time... hopefully

(11-20-2017, 03:28 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: As a homer i have faith that the Titans will get rolling. Before the season i thought their biggest weakness was coaching. Maybe it still is. People forget that this is only year 2 of a rebuild. The fact they are 6-4, even with that negative point diff makes me think the best is yet to come. Last year they had a mid season surge, then crapped out in jax. This year the surge will come at the right time... hopefully

I would say your biggest weakness at this point of the year is qb play.

I tend to agree your coaching has held the team back a time or two, especially early on in the Steelers game. Just didn't capitalize on the holes the defense was giving. Once frustration set in, your QB took over in the suck department. The team plays good close or with a lead, but if they fall too far back, it appears they mentally cash it in.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Many in Nashville are not exactly thrilled with Mularkey/Robiskie, so I'd agree that coaching has been an issue with the Titans. And we're definitely not built to come from behind if we're down by a huge margin.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Tennessee is probably at least a year or two away from being a serious Super Bowl contender. But they look like one of the top 6 teams in the AFC this season.

(11-20-2017, 06:22 PM)D6 Wrote: Tennessee is probably at least a year or two away from being a serious Super Bowl contender.  But they look like one of the top 6 teams in the AFC this season.

Fair assessment.

(11-20-2017, 06:22 PM)D6 Wrote: Tennessee is probably at least a year or two away from being a serious Super Bowl contender.  But they look like one of the top 6 teams in the AFC this season.

This is my view as well, and they will make the playoffs this year.

@ Colts...should be a close game, so we'll be conservative and say it's a TN loss (6-5)
Texans...TN wins this game by 2+ scores (7-5)
@ Cardinals...TN wins by 7 points (8-5)
@ 49ers...TN should blow them out (9-5)
Rams...assuming the Rams get their act back together, they could hand TN another loss (9-6)
Jaguars...we'll be conservative again and say TN loses (9-7)

9-7 would be good enough for the final WC spot, since TN has key H2H tiebreaks over Seahawks and Ravens.

I'm just hoping we can somehow steal the 2nd seed and avoid having to play TN in the wildcard round.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2017, 07:36 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

I still think they are a playoff team this year, don't get me wrong. The AFC is weak as hell, and honestly the bottom half of the NFC isn't that great either, but the top 5 teams in the NFC are dead scary on both sides of the ball.

I think the tacks are a 1 and done team, and Jacksonville may be too, but if I had to put odds on which one of the 2 would win a playoff game, it would be Jacksonville.

(11-21-2017, 03:33 AM)KodiakJag Wrote:

@ Colts...should be a close game, so we'll be conservative and say it's a TN loss (6-5)
Rams...assuming the Rams get their act back together, they could hand TN another loss (9-6)

9-7 would be good enough for the final WC spot, since TN has key H2H tiebreaks over Seahawks and Ravens.

I'm just hoping we can somehow steal the 2nd seed and avoid having to play TN in the wildcard round.
Tiebreaker over Seattle?

(11-21-2017, 10:11 PM)atburg Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 03:33 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: This is my view as well, and they will make the playoffs this year.

Tiebreaker over Seattle?

Titans beat Seahawks in week 3, I believe.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(11-22-2017, 02:57 AM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 10:11 PM)atburg Wrote: Tiebreaker over Seattle?

Titans beat Seahawks in week 3, I believe.

They did, but they won't be battling for a spot with each other.

(11-21-2017, 07:35 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I still think they are a playoff team this year, don't get me wrong. The AFC is weak as hell, and honestly the bottom half of the NFC isn't that great either, but the top 5 teams in the NFC are dead scary on both sides of the ball.

I think the tacks are a 1 and done team, and Jacksonville may be too, but if I had to put odds on which one of the 2 would win a playoff game, it would be Jacksonville.

As it stands now, Titans would travel to Kansas city in the wc round, Jags would host Baltimore. Both winnable games, the next round assuming things stand pat ( which they won't,  just using current seeding) Tennessee probably loses again in Pittsburgh while Jags get to test it out in New England ( I will be there if it happens!!!!!!!).

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2017, 07:32 PM by Jeff.Fisher.)

I'm telling you now. We will see jags and titans 3 times this season. And i usually end up around 7-9 with my predictions so there's a pretty good shot i'm right.

Sometimes 8-8.

(11-21-2017, 03:33 AM)KodiakJag Wrote:

Either 9-7 or 10-6 seems like the most realistic possibility for Tennessee to finish the season with.  

A 9-7 record probably will be enough for a team to be a wildcard in the AFC,  maybe even the first wildcard.  Though my opinion could change one or more times in the coming weeks,  today I believe the 6th seed team in the AFC will end up with an 8-8 record.