Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How good can the TITANS be?

its real simple. so far this year is 1999 all over. TC in jacksoville both teams are in playoff race jags can't seem to beat tittians,of course only played them once but got butts kicked in jacksonville. I think jags are the better team just like in 99 yet tittians beat them every time. I'm really starting to think there is a TC curse? has he ever beaten the tittians when he was a jaguar?

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

TN beat TC when he was a giant HC twice too.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 09:08 AM by snowwolf776.)

i know,but the giants won at least once againest tittians. I don't think jags have ever beaten tittians when TC was a Jaguar. I can't find any info on any of it. i looked.

The ny Giants did beat tittians on dec. 7th 2014 when TC was there,so im thinking now jags haven't ever beaten tittians when TC is a jaguar. im still researching it.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

The fact is that the jags and titans own the same record. Yes the jags have had more impressive wins. But the fact remains they both sit at 8-4 and the titans pounded the jags at home. Also the titans have a 4-1 division record. Jags are 3-1. Still have to beat tom savage and the tricky texans.
So as of now, the TITANS have the edge. Dont get mad about it. If the truth hurts..

There’s the week two hat hanging I’ve been waiting for! Thread complete. Lock it down.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 12:53 PM by WhoYouBE.)

Jags have zero room to talk about the Titans until they beat them.

Wins dont have to be pretty - their offense is struggling but jf they ever put it togeher, they could become deadly.

(12-04-2017, 12:53 PM)WhoYouBE Wrote: Jags have zero room to talk about the Titans until they beat them.

Wins dont have to be pretty - their offense is struggling but if they ever put it together, they could become deadly.

the fact that TN is is 8-4 with the way they've been playing says something about their style. They have have had two blows against Hou and Pitt but their run D has been elite all year. Nobody beats them physically. I think Jax has the D but nobody is afraid of Bortles. And when a team can stop your DE and run on you and you cannot run on them.........Bortles becomes the focus. Seattle game next week will be a stress test for Bortles.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(12-04-2017, 12:49 PM)B2hibry Wrote: There’s the week two hat hanging I’ve been waiting for! Thread complete. Lock it down.

It happened. Not talking about it doesnt make it go away. Just pointing out that style wins dont matter, thats why they list the Titans in 1st place. There is no asterisk next to them saying the jags have won more convincing games. 
And the Titans match up very well with the jags, so when the week 17 division title game comes, anything could happen.

(12-04-2017, 12:02 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: The fact is that the jags and titans own the same record. Yes the jags have had more impressive wins. But the fact remains they both sit at 8-4 and the titans pounded the jags at home. Also the titans have a 4-1 division record. Jags are 3-1. Still have to beat tom savage and the tricky texans.
So as of now, the TITANS have the edge. Dont get mad about it. If the truth hurts..
Titans only have the edge in the head to head. If you look at common opponents, the Jags have obliterated those teams while the Titans have either lost or barely won. I'm not remotely concerned with the Texans. You barely beat the Colts and then look what the Jags just did to them. 

Titans still have the Rams and @Arizona. Not to mention a cross country trip to the 49ers (Jags have this too). Gonna be a wild month of December.

I can see the Titans going 1-3 in this last quarter of the season (losses to Cardinals, Rams and Jaguars).

I can also see the Jaguars going 3-1 in this last quarter of the season (loss to the Seahawks).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-04-2017, 10:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I can see the Titans going 1-3 in this last quarter of the season (losses to Cardinals, Rams and Jaguars).

I can also see the Jaguars going 3-1 in this last quarter of the season (loss to the Seahawks).

How ironic your name is “jagibelieve”

Both teams could go 1-3 or 3-1 - neither team has shown consistency. Both teams play better when their underdogs and both choke the games that they’re suppose to win. Jets, Cards being some of them.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 08:17 PM by Jeff.Fisher.)

(12-05-2017, 07:27 PM)WhoYouBE Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 10:21 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I can see the Titans going 1-3 in this last quarter of the season (losses to Cardinals, Rams and Jaguars).

Both teams could go 1-3 or 3-1 - neither team has shown consistency. Both teams play better when their underdogs and both choke the games that they’re suppose to win. Jets, Cards being some of them.

Its more like the power rankings on pft said. The titans win the games they're supposed to win and lose the ones they supposed to lose. The jags win some of the games they supposed to lose and lose some of the ones they supposed to win.
Oh and they had the Titans ranked 8th, jags are 9th
In case you were wondering.

Yowza...

Not a Corvette, it's a dump truck!

(12-04-2017, 01:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 12:02 PM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: The fact is that the jags and titans own the same record. Yes the jags have had more impressive wins. But the fact remains they both sit at 8-4 and the titans pounded the jags at home. Also the titans have a 4-1 division record. Jags are 3-1. Still have to beat tom savage and the tricky texans.
Titans only have the edge in the head to head. If you look at common opponents, the Jags have obliterated those teams while the Titans have either lost or barely won. I'm not remotely concerned with the Texans. You barely beat the Colts and then look what the Jags just did to them. 

Titans still have the Rams and @Arizona. Not to mention a cross country trip to the 49ers (Jags have this too). Gonna be a wild month of December.

The Jags have also changed their style of play since playing the Titans earlier in the year.  The defense is even better now than when they first played.

The offense I would dare say could be a bit more dynamic as long as Blake doesn't walk out and throw the ball to the titans db's.

(12-07-2017, 12:59 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Yowza...

Meant as a compliment per Tony Dungy.  See gif below for an example.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(12-05-2017, 07:27 PM)WhoYouBE Wrote:

Hey now...that's the administrator you are talking to. Show some respect! That's my teammate. That's my administrator. You do that, it's not fair.

Nobody outside of Titans fans are taking Tennessee that seriously. They just aren't a very good team. Average all the way around, besides QB, which they are below average.

(12-07-2017, 02:20 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Nobody outside of Titans fans are taking Tennessee that seriously. They just aren't a very good team. Average all the way around, besides QB, which they are below average.

It's all good, dawg.  We like being off the radar.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Anyone who says the Jags were better than the Titans in 99 loses all credibility.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2017, 03:32 PM by B2hibry.)

(12-07-2017, 02:30 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 02:20 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Nobody outside of Titans fans are taking Tennessee that seriously. They just aren't a very good team. Average all the way around, besides QB, which they are below average.

It's all good, dawg.  We like being off the radar.

I'm sure the fans are used to it but Walker likes to whine to the contrary!

(12-07-2017, 01:47 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 12:59 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Yowza...

Meant as a compliment per Tony Dungy.  See gif below for an example.

[Image: 500x_Mining_Fail_4.jpg]