Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Raven's Broadcast Options

(09-21-2017, 06:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: What gets me the most is, their whole slogan for the NFL Sunday Ticket is exactly this..

"Get every play, every game, every Sunday, Live on NFL Sunday Ticket!"

And that's obviously complete bull with them doing this Yahoo crap.

It's just another cash grab for the NFL and that's why they're doing it. Didn't Yahoo buy the rights to the London game a couple years ago when they did this? They paid like $15 million for the rights to stream it or something. Maybe I'm wrong, but I want to say I remember something going down along those lines.

Yes,  it was our game against the Bills in 2015 that I mentioned earlier. I did not know how much money Yahoo paid to show the game, but every cent was wasted because it should have been on national television. Here is something else to think about: If it is not on TV, why not play it at the usual 1:00 ET (6:00 GMT) like they used to do?

Logic goes against the idea only showing games online is more profitable than simulcasting. There are no TV ratings if the game is only online. Yahoo could have offered to simulcast it and the NFL would be even richer with two avenues to watch the game. Isn't that what the NFL and Amazon are doing?: How about last year with some TNF games on Twitter?

DirecTV has been wrong about that claim from the very beginning. "Every game" literally includes SNF on NBC, which is not included in NFL Sunday Ticket. And you can't watch all 12 games that are included in the package from start to finish.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

- vodka
- ice cubes
- tomato juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- freshly ground pepper
- lemon
- celery salt
- horseradish
- hot sauce to taste
- celery, olives, pepperoncini for garnish

NYC- what am I forgetting?

On Topic (sort of): JaguarsWoman, I appreciate your effort.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Big Grin 

(09-21-2017, 08:00 PM)PF* Wrote: On Topic (sort of): JaguarsWoman, I appreciate your effort.

Thanks.

(09-21-2017, 08:00 PM)PF* Wrote: - vodka
- ice cubes
- tomato juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- freshly ground pepper
- lemon
- celery salt
- horseradish
- hot sauce to taste
- celery, olives, pepperoncini for garnish

NYC- what am I forgetting?

I'm jealous.  Unfortunately I have to work Sunday so I can't partake in a good Bloody Mary while the game is on.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-21-2017, 06:56 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 06:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: What gets me the most is, their whole slogan for the NFL Sunday Ticket is exactly this..

"Get every play, every game, every Sunday, Live on NFL Sunday Ticket!"

And that's obviously complete bull with them doing this Yahoo crap.

It's just another cash grab for the NFL and that's why they're doing it. Didn't Yahoo buy the rights to the London game a couple years ago when they did this? They paid like $15 million for the rights to stream it or something. Maybe I'm wrong, but I want to say I remember something going down along those lines.

Yes,  it was our game against the Bills in 2015 that I mentioned earlier. I did not know how much money Yahoo paid to show the game, but every cent was wasted because it should have been on national television. Here is something else to think about: If it is not on TV, why not play it at the usual 1:00 ET (6:00 GMT) like they used to do?

Logic goes against the idea only showing games online is more profitable than simulcasting. There are no TV ratings if the game is only online. Yahoo could have offered to simulcast it and the NFL would be even richer with two avenues to watch the game. Isn't that what the NFL and Amazon are doing?: How about last year with some TNF games on Twitter?

DirecTV has been wrong about that claim from the very beginning. "Every game" literally includes SNF on NBC, which is not included in NFL Sunday Ticket. And you can't watch all 12 games that are included in the package from start to finish.

It was $17 million and clearly it wasnt wasted because they went and bought the rights again.

Why would Yahoo fork over $17 million for the rights to the game only to allow it to be watched not on yahoo... so no it's not more profitable for them in that deal.

DirectTV isnt wrong, their slogan is misleading like every slogan in history.  The fine print clearly states only the 1pm and 4:15pm games on fox and cbs.

(09-21-2017, 08:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'm jealous.  Unfortunately I have to work Sunday so I can't partake in a good Bloody Mary while the game is on.

Can you watch the game?

(09-21-2017, 09:59 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 08:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'm jealous.  Unfortunately I have to work Sunday so I can't partake in a good Bloody Mary while the game is on.

Can you watch the game?

I'll be able to watch most of the game.  Depending on how things go, I may miss part of it.  I'm going to DVR it anyway so I can watch it in it's entirety later.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-21-2017, 08:59 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: It was $17 million and clearly it wasn't wasted because they went and bought the rights again.

Why would Yahoo fork over $17 million for the rights to the game only to allow it to be watched not on yahoo... so no it's not more profitable for them in that deal.

DirectTV isn't wrong, their slogan is misleading like every slogan in history.  The fine print clearly states only the 1pm and 4:15pm games on fox and cbs.

It was wasted because many people either can't or don't want to watch football games on computers and mobile devices. Buying the rights again does not make it a good idea.

DirecTV is outright lying if it says "every game" and does not include every game.

(09-21-2017, 10:08 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 08:59 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: It was $17 million and clearly it wasn't wasted because they went and bought the rights again.

DirectTV isn't wrong, their slogan is misleading like every slogan in history.  The fine print clearly states only the 1pm and 4:15pm games on fox and cbs.

It was wasted because many people either can't or don't want to watch football games on computers and mobile devices. Buying the rights again does not make it a good idea.

DirecTV is outright lying if it says "every game" and does not include every game.

However, many people probably not only watch football games on computers and mobile devices, but also watch using "smart TV's" or other devices.  Streaming options has become the new "norm".

DirecTV might be "lying" with their slogan, but reading the contract reveals that it's only the 1PM and 4PM games on FOX and CBS on Sundays.  The same could be said about the NFL Redzone when they say "every touchdown in every game".  It does not include Thursday night games, the early London games or any of the Sunday night games.

(09-21-2017, 10:29 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 10:08 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: It was wasted because many people either can't or don't want to watch football games on computers and mobile devices. Buying the rights again does not make it a good idea.

However, many people probably not only watch football games on computers and mobile devices, but also watch using "smart TV's" or other devices.  Streaming options has become the new "norm".

DirecTV might be "lying" with their slogan, but reading the contract reveals that it's only the 1PM and 4PM games on FOX and CBS on Sundays.  The same could be said about the NFL Redzone when they say "every touchdown in every game".  It does not include Thursday night games, the early London games or any of the Sunday night games.

How can I stream it on a smart TV? Because of HOA rules I am stuck with cable, as you probably know.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2017, 03:34 AM by My Desired Display Name.)

(09-21-2017, 10:08 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:

Once again Yahoo isnt concerned about those who cant watch it terrestrially on their television as that's not what they forked over that cash for.  

The NFL is happy because they made more money then they probably wouldve have otherwise, and they get good market research on the viability of a streaming option.

And like I said, most every slogan/tagline in history is misleading; life lesson, if you're buying things off a slogan, you're being suckered.

(09-22-2017, 03:34 AM)My Desired Display Name Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 10:08 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: It was wasted because many people either can't or don't want to watch football games on computers and mobile devices. Buying the rights again does not make it a good idea.

Once again Yahoo isnt concerned about those who cant watch it terrestrially on their television as that's not what they forked over that cash for.  

The NFL is happy because they made more money then they probably wouldve have otherwise, and they get good market research on the viability of a streaming option.

And like I said, most every slogan/tagline in history is misleading; life lesson, if you're buying things off a slogan, you're being suckered.

Of course the NFL is happy, because they know that any half way successful Franchise wouldn't agree to any of this. That's why they keep using this idiot Franchise as a money grab for them(the NFL), by using these stupid Yahoo streams. Why not though? Yahoo pays a god awful amount of money to stream a bad team play. The NFL wins regardless.

(09-22-2017, 04:02 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Of course the NFL is happy, because they know that any half way successful Franchise wouldn't agree to any of this. That's why they keep using this idiot Franchise as a money grab for them(the NFL), by using these stupid Yahoo streams. Why not though? Yahoo pays a god awful amount of money to stream a bad team play. The NFL wins regardless.

It's like the stupid Color Rush uniforms. All the NFL and another for-profit company care about is money however they can get it. In the CR case, many fans and others who were not able to watch a Bills-Jets game made Twitter explode with complaints about the appearance of both teams wearing the same colors. The NFL and Nike listened and partially fixed the problem by having one team wear white uniforms if the matchup failed a colorblind test. This year, they reduced the number of CR games from eight to two, with the Bengals having white uniforms. I will never like it, but at least they improved their TNF TV ratings by accommodating for a minority that was blindsided (pun intended) by the stupid money grab.

So what if many Ravens and Jaguars fans complained about not being able to watch their favorite team play because of poor Internet connections, etc. despite having DirecTV to see 15 other games? Would the NFL realize taking TV coverage away from them was a big mistake? I am not keeping my hopes up too high, but Ravens fans certainly have to be mad as well.

(09-22-2017, 04:02 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 03:34 AM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: Once again Yahoo isnt concerned about those who cant watch it terrestrially on their television as that's not what they forked over that cash for.  

Of course the NFL is happy, because they know that any half way successful Franchise wouldn't agree to any of this. That's why they keep using this idiot Franchise as a money grab for them(the NFL), by using these stupid Yahoo streams. Why not though? Yahoo pays a god awful amount of money to stream a bad team play. The NFL wins regardless.

None of that is wrong, but realistically when you look at any Jags game during the season, the broadcasting area is usually pretty small and usually based around Jacksonville and whoever they're playing against so it makes sense to use the Jags as a guinea pig, since it'll still be on tv for the majority of people who would see it regularly anyways.

(09-22-2017, 02:59 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 04:02 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Of course the NFL is happy, because they know that any half way successful Franchise wouldn't agree to any of this. That's why they keep using this idiot Franchise as a money grab for them (the NFL), by using these stupid Yahoo streams. Why not though? Yahoo pays a god awful amount of money to stream a bad team play. The NFL wins regardless.

None of that is wrong, but realistically when you look at any Jags game during the season, the broadcasting area is usually pretty small and usually based around Jacksonville and whoever they're playing against so it makes sense to use the Jags as a guinea pig, since it'll still be on TV for the majority of people who would see it regularly anyways.

Last year we were all excited about the Raiders game getting widespread coverage on CBS. Of course that was because of our opponent, not ourselves, and I expect it to remain that way, but at least people from all over the country got to see us play.

Gainesville often seems to be on a TV coverage border when I look at 506spors.com maps. Sometimes I worry I will not get the Jaguars at 1:00. When we played against the Vikings last year, I knew it would not be shown here. That happens to me once a year.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2017, 03:45 PM by Etdavis2006.)

I think the purpose of the game being streamed online is to expose the NFL to other parts of the world. People don’t watch tv anymore. People spend their time and watch stuff on the internet. I’m sure the rest of the world is way more advanced in this department than us Americans. This is a smart move for th NFL and in particular Khan. The Cowboys and Steelers may be a major brand in America but in a few years, the Jaguars will be the biggest football brand in the world.

Think about Jalen Ramsey. He is a Jordan Brand athlete. I’m sure Jordan brand is excited to have a player playing in London every year and having a prime time game (in other parts of the world) being streamed. Fournette is about to be a global star after a few years. This is why players are starting to want to come here. We have something no other NFL team currently has, major global visibility. Their agents know it and we are slowly seeing the benefit of it.

(09-22-2017, 03:43 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: I think the purpose of the game being streamed online is to expose the NFL to other parts of the world. People don’t watch TV anymore. People spend their time and watch stuff on the Internet. I’m sure the rest of the world is way more advanced in this department than us Americans. This is a smart move for the NFL and in particular Khan. The Cowboys and Steelers may be a major brand in America but in a few years, the Jaguars will be the biggest football brand in the world.

Think and Jalen Ramsey. He is a Jordan Brand athlete. I’m sure Jordan brand is excited to have a player playing in London every year and having prime time game (in other part of the world) being streamed. Fournette is about to be a global star after a few years. This is why players are starting to want to come here. We have something no other NFL team currently has, visibility. Their agents know it and we are slowly seeing the benefit of it.

You don't know what you are talking about if you seriously believe that.

"The rest of the world" includes many countries that are way behind America in technology industries.

Not as long as there is a team in Dallas.

Dang son!! You just got owned by JW with a color font legend approach!! It's getting hot in herre.

(09-22-2017, 04:01 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 03:43 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: I think the purpose of the game being streamed online is to expose the NFL to other parts of the world. People don’t watch TV anymore. People spend their time and watch stuff on the Internet. I’m sure the rest of the world is way more advanced in this department than us Americans. This is a smart move for the NFL and in particular Khan. The Cowboys and Steelers may be a major brand in America but in a few years, the Jaguars will be the biggest football brand in the world.

Think and Jalen Ramsey. He is a Jordan Brand athlete. I’m sure Jordan brand is excited to have a player playing in London every year and having prime time game (in other part of the world) being streamed. Fournette is about to be a global star after a few years. This is why players are starting to want to come here. We have something no other NFL team currently has, visibility. Their agents know it and we are slowly seeing the benefit of it.

You don't know what you are talking about if you seriously believe that.

"The rest of the world" includes many countries that are way behind America in technology industries.

Not as long as there is a team in Dallas.

Pretty sure you’re trolling but I’ll answer for others who are reading.

Tv shows and ratings are the lowest they have been and are getting lower. Unless you are of a certain age this statement wouldn’t make sense but it’s the reality. Dinosaurs are still watching tv (using cable). Everything is on the internet now. People stream stuff through internet providers. They stream music, watch YouTube, use apps etc...

This is the time we live in now. I would also say you need to broaden your concept of what is going on in other countries. The fact that you think America is this technological super power says a lot about your worldview. We are way behind many countries in terms of technology. In other areas too but that’s  another conversation. Don’t be stuck in your own reality. The rest of the world is moving and the NFL has been trying to figure out for a long time how not to get left behind. Streaming football is a major way to do that. And I can guarantee that if we hold on to being one of the few teams that go to London every year, the jaguars will have tons of global fans. The jags will eventually be a major brand world wide

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2017, 04:46 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

(09-22-2017, 04:11 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Pretty sure you’re trolling but I’ll answer for others who are reading.

Tv shows and ratings are the lowest they have been and are getting lower. Unless you are of a certain age this statement wouldn’t make sense but it’s the reality. Dinosaurs are still watching TV (using cable). Everything is on the internet now. People stream stuff through internet providers. They stream music, watch YouTube, use apps etc...

This is the time we live in now. I would also say you need to broaden your concept of what is going on in other countries. The fact that you think America is this technological super power says a lot about your worldview. We are way behind many countries in terms of technology. In other areas too but that’s  another conversation. Don’t be stuck in your own reality. The rest of the world is moving and the NFL has been trying to figure out for a long time how not to get left behind. Streaming football is a major way to do that. And I can guarantee that if we hold on to being one of the few teams that go to London every year, the jaguars will have tons of global fans. The jags will eventually be a major brand world wide

You know why TV ratings are lower?

Because there are still TV shows to rate!

Gotcha!

Seriously, how can anyone possibly say TV ratings are lower and that nobody is watching TV at the same time?