Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars sign Ryan Nassib

(09-18-2017, 03:11 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 03:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: This is a move to try and show the fans they are actually doing something, but in actuality it's just for show. Nassib sucks worse than Allen ever did. He's been terrible since entering the NFL. I doubt he can even beat out Henne for the backup job. He'll be nothing more than a cheerleader from the bench and if he does enter games, we'll be begging to see Bortles back in.

This also begs the question, "Why did we let Allen go, if we were gonna end up carrying 3 QB's anyway?" I thought we released Allen, because we didn't wanna carry 3 QB's on the active roster?

Your basing this on fiction, Allen sucks dude yall need to get over him.

Here are the numbers

Brandon Allen Career Preseason numbers 5 TD 6 INTS 

Ryan Nassib Career Preseason numbers 10 TDs 4 INTS 

So in two preseasons Allen managed to throw more picks then Nassib did in 5 preseasons

I'm certainly not gonna come on here and sing the praises of Allen. He was what he was, a backup at best. All I ever wanted was to give him a shot to see if he could develop, because he was a complete unknown for a long while. What I have issue with, is that so many people on this board are so desperate to do anything at the QB position, right now, that they have become delusional. Ryan Nassib is not good. If he was even halfway decent, he would have been on a roster already. You can't wait until the season has started and expect to sign a savior at QB off the scrap heap. This is just a move to appease a certain population of the fans. Nothing more. Trust me, I hate losing just as bad as everyone else. It's been a long, long time since I've felt good about our entire roster, but I'm also a realist. BB5 and Henne are our QB's for this year. I know that's depressing, but I didn't see any franchise QB's in the last draft and I didn't see any backup QB's worth trading for. I believe we did the right thing by waiting. I don't wanna draft or trade for just any old QB. I want a guy who can carry this team into the future. We'll have a chance at getting that guy in the next draft. We just have to be patient. I know it's hard, given how long we've waited, but it's for the best, (as long as we don't do something stupid like draft Josh Allen.) Until then, let's all come back down to Earth and realize we're probably gonna have to endure another bad year. On a positive note though, the defense is better, so it's not all doom and gloom.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trade Bortles for Gabbert

The point about BA isn't about who is better based on whatever stats you wanna dig up...
it's about this front office saying "nah we're good at QB... oh [BLEEP] [BLEEP] [BLEEP] no we're not... let's sign Nassib"

oops...

Might as well have kept BA.
Hell... he certainly could be doing what Bortles is now... and there'd be no "learn the playbook" junk.

Sad state of QB affairs lol

(09-18-2017, 03:28 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: How can this team NOT want the publicity with Kaep? We are the smallest market, most irrelevant team in the league, all publicity is good.

Are you joking?

Jacksonville is loaded with military and you want this individual's publicity?

As a veteran, I think it would be a HUGE mistake...

(09-18-2017, 02:34 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 02:06 PM)Kane Wrote: Nassib>Kap

lol

I like it...

Keeping the fuego coming.

1. See what you have done Jacksonville?  We've signed a mercy free agent. That's TC's old backup QB. This isn't good.

2. Did you really just say that Ryan Nassib is better than RGIII and CK? What in the blue hell is going on around here? 

3. Someone said they are trying. HOW?!?!?! RYAN FREAKIN NASSIB????!?!?!!!?? ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS??!?!? 

Lets go over Ryan Nassib's stats...

Ryan Nassib ESPN stats

Wallbash Wallbash  Oh yea, that guy is awesome. Championship!!  Laughing Laughing

Should've just kept Allen if this was the case.

Totally agree that we should have kept Allen with his natural deep passing arm. He was developing fine. Now we're stuck with Nassib.
'02

Feels like the team is just trolling us at this point.

(09-18-2017, 04:10 PM)jg77 Wrote: Feels like the team is just trolling us at this point.

Caldwell is secretly a tacks fan.

(09-18-2017, 04:00 PM)Kane Wrote: The point about BA isn't about who is better based on whatever stats you wanna dig up...
it's about this front office saying "nah we're good at QB... oh [BLEEP] [BLEEP] [BLEEP] no we're not... let's sign Nassib"

oops...

Might as well have kept BA.
Hell... he certainly could be doing what Bortles is now... and there'd be no "learn the playbook" junk.

Sad state of QB affairs lol

Lol bruh just sad

(09-18-2017, 04:00 PM)z_keeper Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 03:28 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: How can this team NOT want the publicity with Kaep? We are the smallest market, most irrelevant team in the league, all publicity is good.

Are you joking?

Jacksonville is loaded with military and you want this individual's publicity?

As a veteran, I think it would be a HUGE mistake...

As a Veteran myself...I give a damn about his politics. I didn't fight to silence people. And he never displayed a disdain for any branch of the military. I didn't fight for a flag or a song.

(09-18-2017, 03:41 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Bortles isn't getting cut so anyone saying that can stop.

Correct but if he gets hurt we're on the hook for $17m next season.

If I were him, I'd be running straight at Terrell Suggs next week in attempt to go on the IR and pocket $17m

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2017, 04:43 PM by TearExtractor.)

He gets until next year to pass a physical to get the 19 million if injured. He would have to have a very serious injury to not be able to pass one in a years time.

He also can't play anywhere else if that's the case. But he may have 19 million reasons why that doesn't bother him....

Did we really cut Brandon Allen just so we could sign a street FA weeks later?

They made room by moving Pryor to the reserve/injured list if anyone cares.

I rember him.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-18-2017, 04:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They made room by moving Pryor to the reserve/injured list if anyone cares.

Why did we move Pryor? We haven't even seen him yet. Ugh. 

But I have the answer at QB.

Willie Beamen
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(09-18-2017, 04:52 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 04:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They made room by moving Pryor to the reserve/injured list if anyone cares.

Why did we move Pryor? We haven't even seen him yet. Ugh. 

Willie Beamen

Please stop posting 30 empty lines in your posts. 

Pryor is hurt.

(09-18-2017, 05:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 04:52 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: Why did we move Pryor? We haven't even seen him yet. Ugh. 

Willie Beamen

Please stop posting 30 empty lines in your posts. 

Pryor is hurt.

1. When did he get hurt?

2. Is there anything in the rules that says I can't.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(09-18-2017, 05:06 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 05:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Please stop posting 30 empty lines in your posts. 

Pryor is hurt.

1. When did he get hurt?

2. Is there anything in the rules that says I can't.

He was hurt when he got here. 

No. That's why I asked you nicely instead of warning you. I just find it really annoying.

It's time to move on about the QB situation in Jax. The powers that be have spoken and it will not be solved in FA this year. We're not signing the best FA QB, nor the best FA QB with playoff experience, or the best FA QB with upside. Fans will soon chant, "Lose for Lamar!" or "Suck for Sam!". All the excitement has turned to excrement.

(09-18-2017, 02:34 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 02:06 PM)Kane Wrote: Nassib>Kap

lol

I like it...

Keeping the fuego coming.

1. See what you have done Jacksonville?  We've signed a mercy free agent. That's TC's old backup QB. This isn't good.

2. Did you really just say that Ryan Nassib is better than RGIII and CK? What in the blue hell is going on around here? 

3. Someone said they are trying. HOW?!?!?! RYAN FREAKIN NASSIB????!?!?!!!?? ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS??!?!? 

Lets go over Ryan Nassib's stats...

Ryan Nassib ESPN stats

Wallbash Wallbash  Oh yea, that guy is awesome. Championship!!  Laughing Laughing

Should've just kept Allen if this was the case.

90% completion percentage, never thrown an int, 152.1 QB rating.... clearly we have just signed the greatest QB of all time.

Wink