Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles the worst pick in franchise history?

(09-19-2017, 10:50 PM)-Jaguarmeister Wrote: What degree black belt is that?

Huh

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Blake needs our support more than ever. He's coming off his worst game of the year. What better time to stand behind him, lift him up, and propell him to stardom. The media will have to take notice. Blake reminds me of kerry, and kerry is a gentle soul. If blake reads this, wouldnt you want him to know that he is the qb for now and the future. He can only go up. Like a snake. What a trick.

So if he bounces back next week can he be the best pick ever again?

These threads are all so reactionary. Is he a good pick? Almost certainly not. Is he the worst pick? Almost certainly not.

Worst pick is still Blaine Gabbert.

We used a 1st and a 2nd to get Gabbert. We only used a 1st to get Bortles. And even then Bortles is still better than Gabbert.

Questions like this are fun to debate, but there are no definitive answers to any of them. The only thing we can say is that the Jaguars terrible record during the past 10 years or so is due to the cumulative effect of all these bad choices. No other team has done such a consistently bad job with their #1 draft picks- not even close. Shack Harris, Gene Smith and Dave Caldwell were all terrible choices, in hindsight, as general managers. If we had to pick the best of these 3, Caldwell would win by a landslide and that is pretty sad considering he's the guy that also hired and extended Gus Bradley's contract and also drafted Bortles. Let's just hope that the law of averages comes into play and Shad hires the right guy as G.M. after this season and he then finds us a quarterback who can finally take the Jaguars to the next level.

(09-19-2017, 01:02 PM)The Hammer Wrote: I would think Blackmon would be the obvious answer

No he made the dumbest choices ever.  He knew if he got caught he lose 15 plus million dollars.  And still chose to smoke.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(09-20-2017, 02:37 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Worst pick is still Blaine Gabbert.

We used a 1st and a 2nd to get Gabbert.  We only used a 1st to get Bortles.  And even then Bortles is still better than Gabbert.

Gabbert at least showed up to practice. They had to send a limo to pick up RJ Soward to make sure he practiced. Boselli tried to help Soward but stopped when he saw Soward spiking a drinks bottle with Jack Daniels.

Welp

If we'd picked a good quarterback he'd have had five TDs today. Instead we have a drunk with a loser mentality who can't even keep his foot on the pedal to lead the team to a 50-point shutout. And everyone's giving him the credit for the win - do you people know nothing? Was Bortles the quarterback on the field when we actually won the game? No. Henne was in at QB. Just as he was when we went in at the half with a commanding lead.

(09-24-2017, 04:05 PM)iapetus Wrote: If we'd picked a good quarterback he'd have had five TDs today. Instead we have a drunk with a loser mentality who can't even keep his foot on the pedal to lead the team to a 50-point shutout. And everyone's giving him the credit for the win - do you people know nothing? Was Bortles the quarterback on the field when we actually won the game? No. Henne was in at QB. Just as he was when we went in at the half with a commanding lead.

+1

It's good satire when you could just paste it in under Brklyn's name and you'd think it's real.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm starting to think that Bortles whole problem is and was, coaching.. There's a sliver of hope left.. Just a sliver though.. Maybe his coaches are finally starting to get through to him..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-24-2017, 04:27 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm starting to think that Bortles whole problem is and was, coaching.. There's a sliver of hope left.. Just a sliver though..  Maybe his coaches are finally starting to get through to him..

2015: Spends minimal time with the coaches instead working on his mechanics in California. Has best season of career and possibly of any Jaguars QB ever.
2016: Spends most of his time with the coaches in Jacksonville. Has massive regression in all factors of his play.

Basic pattern recognition.

Another good coaching decision they made today was to scrap the inside slant from the playbook

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2017, 04:37 PM by WingerDinger.)

(09-24-2017, 04:32 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(09-24-2017, 04:27 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm starting to think that Bortles whole problem is and was, coaching.. There's a sliver of hope left.. Just a sliver though..  Maybe his coaches are finally starting to get through to him..

2015: Spends minimal time with the coaches instead working on his mechanics in California. Has best season of career and possibly of any Jaguars QB ever.
2016: Spends most of his time with the coaches in Jacksonville. Has massive regression in all factors of his play.

Basic pattern recognition.

Can't tell me that there isn't a night and day difference in Blake's QB play so far.. Maybe it's a combo of Tom, Doug and Milanovich that cracked that dude's head open and did some rewiring..

Let's not act like a light switch suddenly turned on overnight. He has been as good and as bad as he is for a while now. Most just can't look past an offense struggling and conclude anything except the quarterback sucks.

(09-24-2017, 04:46 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Let's not act like a light switch suddenly turned on overnight.  He has been as good and as bad as he is for a while now.  Most just can't look past an offense struggling and conclude anything except the quarterback sucks.

I don't think ANYONE is saying that a light switch was turned on overnight (if you're referencing my post). But my point remains and you can't deny that as a possibility..

Just commenting on the fact that if Bortles puts together a great season, many will try to point at this or that as being the catalyst. Instead of admitting they were wrong all along, they will brush out and proclaim that it was some unforeseen X factor that suddenly changed him into a good quarterback from the worst player to ever play a sport in the history of history.

I think its pretty clear Bortles is officially the worst draft pick as it relates to position in the history of this franchise.

Trade Fowler and a 3rd for Jimmy G. Patriots need defense bad.

(10-02-2017, 03:24 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Trade Fowler and a 3rd for Jimmy G. Patriots need defense bad.

I would rather trade for a good QB than trust Dave to draft another one. I'd give up anything it takes too.