Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD believes the Jaguars should sign Kaepernick.

I agree with him.  It cost us nothing outside of salary cap space and clearly an upgrade on what we have.  All the political BS should be second to winning. 

Kapernick last years stats:  59%, 2241 yds, 16tds, 4ints.  Thats the kind of ball we want to play right there. 

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/9/19/...chad-henne
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I disagree with him.

you guys should stick with bortles....

signed,
flaming tacks fan

(09-20-2017, 07:52 PM)VondyP Wrote: you guys should stick with bortles....

signed,
flaming tacks fan

Why are you still here? You and your fan base are the reason I hate living in Nashville sometimes.

I think MJD should lay off the doughnuts. Jeesh.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-20-2017, 08:04 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I think MJD should lay off the doughnuts. Jeesh.

Dude, he blew up quick and I'm not talking about his popularity. He's starting to resemble Rerun from that old show, "What's Happening?"

(09-20-2017, 08:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Dude, he blew up quick and I'm not talking about his popularity. He's starting to resemble Rerun from that old show, "What's Happening?

[Image: giphy.gif] Big Grin Big Grin
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-20-2017, 08:13 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 08:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Dude, he blew up quick and I'm not talking about his popularity. He's starting to resemble Rerun from that old show, "What's Happening?
I do see the resemblance. MJD was a great player in his prime, but I disagree with him. Is he an upgrade from Blake? Obviously the answer is "yes," since just about anyone who can throw a football would be an upgrade. This topic has been discussed ad-nauseum (sp) on this board and the consensus is he is not that great and Coughlin is clearly not interested. 
[Image: giphy.gif] Big Grin Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2017, 10:55 PM by haveaseat.)

He's not wrong. you're just handing the ball off with Bortles and throwing the occasional slant or screen. Kaep isn't gonna hit your cap for almost 20 million if he's injured, he's easily a better runner and I think I'd take anyone in the NFL over the passer Bortles has become. The self-proclaimed guy who is not a natural thrower of the football...as a QB...in the NFL.

But I never expect the franchise to do anything smart with the QB position considering they rarely ever do.

(09-20-2017, 10:52 PM)haveaseat Wrote: He's not wrong. you're just handing the ball off with Bortles and throwing the occasional slant or screen. Kaep isn't gonna hit your cap for 20 million if he's injured, he's easily a better runner and I think I'd take anyone in the NFL over the passer Bortles has become. The self-proclaimed guy who is not a natural thrower of the football...as a QB...in the NFL.

Well, I think Kaep is getting the same treatment Tebow got from the NFL. He carries a lot of baggage/possible distractions... In a military town the type of baggage he brings would be bad on the business side of things, then there's the learning curve of the offense.. So by the time he gets to start(week 5? 6?), the season is already in jeopardy. Then, what if he comes in and just stinks up the joint? You pissed off your loyal military town/fan base and you did it for a regressing QB who has clearly shown to take steps back as a QB. Its just not worth it from a business standpoint, and risky at best from a football one.

Round and round we go!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Not gonna happen. Just like 16 no superman is here.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Wallbash Nice, fresh topic.

"Not even if he's released."

Oh, wait... that was the other pariah.

"We weren't interested."

Sadly that can't be the end of discussion.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We don't need that distraction here in Jacksonville... This is a Military town... he can go protest the national anthem in the CFL.
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Cool story bro.

Why bring him here? So instead of winning 4 or 5 games we win 5 or 6? What's the point?

That only makes our draft pick worse. Is that a bad way to look at it? Sure, but sadly that's been the custom for how Jag fans look at things 5 or 6 games into the season. This team is not going to be a winner with Bortles, Henne, or Kaepernick so who cares?

I find it hilarious that last year everyone was calling Kaepernick a bum, but now somehow he deserves a chance on every roster in the NFL. It's a business decision and he made a choice. The owners have a right to make a choice as well.

I've never heard anyone bring this up before!
Huh

(09-21-2017, 08:33 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: Why bring him here?  So instead of winning 4 or 5 games we win 5 or 6?  What's the point?

That only makes our draft pick worse.  Is that a bad way to look at it?  Sure, but sadly that's been the custom for how Jag fans look at things 5 or 6 games into the season.  This team is not going to be a winner with Bortles, Henne, or Kaepernick so who cares?

I find it hilarious that last year everyone was calling Kaepernick a bum, but now somehow he deserves a chance on every roster in the NFL.  It's a business decision and he made a choice.  The owners have a right to make a choice as well.

Gotta love your 1 more win ASSumption

Kapernick last years stats:  59%, 2241 yds, 16tds, 4ints. 

Bortles - 23 TDs vs 16 Ints.

Kaep would get us flexed into a prime time game later on in the season.