Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's needed to fix Bortles...take the fear from him...

Tell him to go out there and SLING it! Sling the darn ball around!

If it's picked off, you other players BETTER make the tackle to keep it from being a pick 6! But Bortles sling that ball as deep as you want.

That's the psychology Bortles needs to get his swag back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If i was there, i would tell bortles to play ball or else the owner may force the jags to draft an over rated athletic qb with the brains of a coffee mug

(09-22-2017, 08:38 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: If i was there, i would tell bortles to play ball or else the owner may force the jags to draft an over rated athletic qb with the brains of a coffee mug

Mariota hit FA?

(09-22-2017, 09:06 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 08:38 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: If i was there, i would tell bortles to play ball or else the owner may force the jags to draft an over rated athletic qb with the brains of a coffee mug

Mariota hit FA?

Mariota never threw himself a birthday party, guaranteed

Fix him???

I was the biggest Bortles believer. But on year 4... something has to be clicking.
Did you see Goff last night? Night and day from his rookie year.

Bortles is done.

Fix him... lol

An offensive line and a run game. Simple

(09-22-2017, 08:35 AM)Mandeezee Wrote: Tell him to go out there and SLING it! Sling the darn ball around!

If it's picked off, you other players BETTER make the tackle to keep it from being a pick 6! But Bortles sling that ball as deep as you want.

I'm not sure it will make a difference, but I totally agree.  Cut him loose and let him sling the ball around and he will have a chance to redeem himself or cement his departure. When he came out of college many compared him to big ben but I felt he was more like brett favre.  I felt he would have interceptions and touchdowns. The question was can he win games by throwing more touchdowns.  If he is ever going to be successful you have to let him play his game and evaluate the results.

Because slinging it worked so well in terms of wins in the past.....

He's done as a Jaguar player after this year. So I'm honestly not expecting anything out of him this year.

I think a bottle of booze may fix Bort.. Maybe he needs to be drunk while under center.

After that, I'm out of ideas..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-22-2017, 09:39 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I think a bottle of booze may fix Bort.. Maybe he needs to be drunk while under center.

That's actually not a terrible idea. Loosen him up a bit. He won't be thinking as much.

I like this idea and am willing to help Blake find his drunk sweet spot. It's like in beer pong. Too sober and you're terrible. Too drunk and your terrible. Gotta hit that sweet spot in the middle.

Bortle's problem is he doesn't know the playbook well enough to throw to a spot on the field. As a QB, if you wait until the receiver comes out of a break to throw the ball, it's too late. This is why he has so many tipped interceptions. The only way Bortles will look even halfway competent is to move him around and out of the pocket. Short passes behind the LBs and in the flats.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2017, 09:56 AM by Mandeezee.)

(09-22-2017, 09:24 AM)Kane Wrote: Fix him???

I was the biggest Bortles believer. But on year 4... something has to be clicking.

Bortles is done.

Fix him... lol

Someone ruined him crying about interceptions.

We're spoiled now but in the past good Qb's often had a fair number of ints. It wasn't until I believe Steve Young that you saw star qb's with less than double digit ints.

Also, many of them should not have been allowed to turn into pick 6s.

(09-22-2017, 09:30 AM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 08:35 AM)Mandeezee Wrote: Tell him to go out there and SLING it! Sling the darn ball around!

I'm not sure it will make a difference, but I totally agree.  Cut him loose and let him sling the ball around and he will have a chance to redeem himself or cement his departure. When he came out of college many compared him to big ben but I felt he was more like brett favre.  I felt he would have interceptions and touchdowns. The question was can he win games by throwing more touchdowns.  If he is ever going to be successful you have to let him play his game and evaluate the results.

I'm disappointed that no one on that team has used simple observation and psychology to interpret what he needs.

He is the Tom Brady of garbage time, why's that? Defenses maybe playing a little loser, but also the pressure is off him. Apparently he can't handle pressure. The coach's need to remove that pressure from him to get the best.

Go out there and sling it, don't worry someone will tackle the guy if it's intercepted. Then you go out there and sling it some more.

The problem is his is not accurate. It’s the same thing with Gabbert. Blake can make plays here and there but he’s not accurate enough to just play the qb position to operate an offense. Unfortunately you cannot teach accuracy

(09-22-2017, 09:43 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Bortle's problem is he doesn't know the playbook well enough to throw to a spot on the field. As a QB, if you wait until the receiver comes out of a break to throw the ball, it's too late. This is why he has so many tipped interceptions. The only way Bortles will look even halfway competent is to move him around and out of the pocket. Short passes behind the LBs and in the flats.

I'm actually surprised someone else understands this about the qb position. All the successful qb's have a deep and thorough understanding of the playbook.

Secretly, that's why Tom Brady is so good, he is the definition of continuity. Yeah his coordinator's may have changed, but I bet there hasn't been too much change to that playbook because Bill is still there.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2017, 10:15 AM by Cleatwood.)

(09-22-2017, 10:00 AM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 09:43 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Bortle's problem is he doesn't know the playbook well enough to throw to a spot on the field. As a QB, if you wait until the receiver comes out of a break to throw the ball, it's too late. This is why he has so many tipped interceptions. The only way Bortles will look even halfway competent is to move him around and out of the pocket. Short passes behind the LBs and in the flats.

I'm actually surprised someone else understands this about the qb position. All the successful qb's have a deep and thorough understanding of the playbook.

Secretly, that's why Tom Brady is so good, he is the definition of continuity. Yeah his coordinator's may have changed, but I bet there hasn't been too much change to that playbook because Bill is still there.
Why is Goff playing so well in his first season with a new playbook? Does he have a deep and thorough understanding?

Blake is a bad QB. We don't have to sit here and try to find out why. He's bad. He's inaccurate, he is slow to make reads and his throwing motion is garbage.

(09-22-2017, 09:53 AM)Mandeezee Wrote:

Bortles is done.

Fix him... lol

We're spoiled now but in the past good Qb's often had a fair number of ints. It wasn't until I believe Steve Young that you saw star qb's with less than double digit ints.

(09-22-2017, 09:30 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: I'm not sure it will make a difference, but I totally agree.  Cut him loose and let him sling the ball around and he will have a chance to redeem himself or cement his departure. When he came out of college many compared him to big ben but I felt he was more like brett favre.  I felt he would have interceptions and touchdowns. The question was can he win games by throwing more touchdowns.  If he is ever going to be successful you have to let him play his game and evaluate the results.

I'm disappointed that no one on that team has used simple observation and psychology to interpret what he needs.

He is the Tom Brady of garbage time, why's that? Defenses maybe playing a little loser, but also the pressure is off him. Apparently he can't handle pressure. The coach's need to remove that pressure from him to get the best.

Go out there and sling it, don't worry someone will tackle the guy if it's intercepted. Then you go out there and sling it some more.
Because this worked in the past.

(09-22-2017, 09:53 AM)Mandeezee Wrote:

Bortles is done.

Fix him... lol

(09-22-2017, 09:30 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: I'm not sure it will make a difference, but I totally agree.  Cut him loose and let him sling the ball around and he will have a chance to redeem himself or cement his departure. When he came out of college many compared him to big ben but I felt he was more like brett favre.  I felt he would have interceptions and touchdowns. The question was can he win games by throwing more touchdowns.  If he is ever going to be successful you have to let him play his game and evaluate the results.

I knew I shouldn't have replied.

Troll elsewhere fool.

Bortles is done. I think we'll eke out 2nd place in the division this year, with a possibility of winning it if we can squeeze out 9 wins. Our defense is for real, Fournette is a beast, and our schedule is hella weak. There's also a possibility we end up starting Nassib at some point.

Next year, I think we sign a vet who can take the reins for a couple years like Cousins or Smith and draft a rookie QB high with a trade up. Rookie sits unless he can beat out the vet, we build up the offensive line in the rest of the draft, and we make the playoffs next year.

From that point on, we fill holes and become an AFC power. At least that's how I see it going.

I do agree that most of Bortles problems are probably between his ears.

We saw the same thing happen with David Garrard where he had all of the tools to be a successful QB in the league, but didn't trust himself when he was reading the defenses once he dropped back. His hesitation was a direct result of being put under a mandate to avoid making any mistakes. What was odd about him was that he was fine in 2007 in the playoff run, but once he got that contract, I think he got too much into his own head.

I think they've drilled it into Bortles head that he needs to avoid making mistakes, and it's actually causing more harm than good to have him focus on this. When he entered the league, he was capable and cocky enough to not worry so much about mistakes, and to just throw the ball around. He's never going to be pinpoint accurate, and he's not always going to make good decisions, but I do agree that they need to get him loosened up by opening up the offense a bit, and putting the focus on making plays rather than avoiding mistakes.

Bortles has the ability to be an effective starter in the league, and could even find some success here if he can just get out of his own way and make the plays. Hopefully Hackett & Co start to recognize this and take the governor off the offense. Teams are daring them to do so. Take advantage of it. If he makes mistakes, so be it. Give him the chance to succeed and let's see what happens.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-22-2017, 09:41 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 09:39 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I think a bottle of booze may fix Bort.. Maybe he needs to be drunk while under center.

That's actually not a terrible idea. Loosen him up a bit. He won't be thinking as much.

I like this idea and am willing to help Blake find his drunk sweet spot. It's like in beer pong. Too sober and you're terrible. Too drunk and your terrible. Gotta hit that sweet spot in the middle.

The Ballmer Peak:

[Image: ballmer_peak.png]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Dude...your posts are [BLEEP] genius lol.  Love it.  VY lol
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.