Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump calls on NFL owners to fire players who protest.

(09-25-2017, 12:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 12:43 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Can we stop pretending that these football players are someone how brave and / or heroes for kneeling? All those that weren't doing it before are likely doing it now because it's against Trump. These millionaires, who likely live in their own bubble, don't see what they do as a risk.

This country was divided before Trump. This idea that Trump is to blame is stupid. Trump is the result of the divisiveness. Remember all those times people like Adam2012 and rj called you a racist for disagreeing with Obama? This is why Trump is the President.

Football is entertainment for MOST people. MOST people can go without watching it and likely only watch it because it's entertaining. THOSE people will start finding something else to watch when the NFL  becomes too political. A Rasmussen poll said that 32% of people are less likely to watch it because of it, and that was in 2016. The ratings have continued to drop, and the NFL is even more political now than it was. You're naive if you don't think this is hurting the NFL.

As for the owners supporting their players, they'd be stupid not to do it. They're taking the politically correct route. The media would destroy them if they decided to take a stand against the players. This is all grandstanding.

Exactly. Which is the reason he will win again in 2020.

Lol if he wins in 2020, the libs and all the sports world would have a meltdown. It would be priceless

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-25-2017, 12:43 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Can we stop pretending that these football players are someone how brave and / or heroes for kneeling? All those that weren't doing it before are likely doing it now because it's against Trump. These millionaires, who likely live in their own bubble, don't see what they do as a risk.

This country was divided before Trump. This idea that Trump is to blame is stupid. Trump is the result of the divisiveness. Remember all those times people like Adam2012 and rj called you a racist for disagreeing with Obama? This is why Trump is the President.

Football is entertainment for MOST people. MOST people can go without watching it and likely only watch it because it's entertaining. THOSE people will start finding something else to watch when the NFL  becomes too political. A Rasmussen poll said that 32% of people are less likely to watch it because of it, and that was in 2016. The ratings have continued to drop, and the NFL is even more political now than it was. You're naive if you don't think this is hurting the NFL.

As for the owners supporting their players, they'd be stupid not to do it. They're taking the politically correct route. The media would destroy them if they decided to take a stand against the players. This is all grandstanding.

Well, we know he'll get the NASCAR vote. Of course, if Trump has a tantrum about NASCAR he can tweet about their falling ratings, and how you have to find FS1 or NBCSN to find a race. And he loves the NHL (almost pure white), but many of them are Canadians. He better hope he gets to run against Hillary again. Perhaps he'll have Nancy Pelosi as his running mate.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(09-25-2017, 12:53 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 12:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Exactly. Which is the reason he will win again in 2020.

Lol if he wins in 2020, the libs and all the sports world would have a meltdown. It would be priceless

We are pushing nearly a year and the democrats have done nothing to create a new "original" message. You still have way too much interference by Sanders and Clinton for a viable candidate to rise from the pack. This is great for the GOP and an even better sign for 2018.

(09-25-2017, 12:53 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 12:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Exactly. Which is the reason he will win again in 2020.

He's already lost my vote.  He has shown too often that he can't control himself and just shut his mouth.

If he makes it past the Republican primary, I will abstain from voting.

(09-25-2017, 01:08 PM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 12:53 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Lol if he wins in 2020, the libs and all the sports world would have a meltdown. It would be priceless

He's already lost my vote.  He has shown too often that he can't control himself and just shut his mouth.

Who is going to run against him?

(09-25-2017, 12:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 12:53 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Lol if he wins in 2020, the libs and all the sports world would have a meltdown. It would be priceless

We are pushing nearly a year and the democrats have done nothing to create a new "original" message. You still have way too much interference by Sanders and Clinton for a viable candidate to rise from the pack. This is great for the GOP and an even better sign for 2018.

You're almost as good as Paul Spicer. Almost a year and nothing has been done. But it's not like you Trump fan boys care about policy. As long as he's standing up for the white man.

How's Donald doing trying to bribe a Senator to support version #38 of a health care bill? Repeal and Replace!

Good to see you and Brooklyn are buddies.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

I will say this about these protests though..

There needs to be some kind of next level push from those involved. Needs to be an organised and unified plan to help fix what they say needs to be fixed. You can protest all you want but generally speaking that doesn't tend to change much in practical terms.

Shad Khan and some of the other billionaires in the league say they support the players protesting, but are they really going to try push for law changes and help inequality on a day to day basis? I'm not sure they will. They have more power than anyone else to help impact what the players are protesting against but will they actually put together a real plan to try?

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017, 01:26 PM by BklynJag.)

(09-25-2017, 01:13 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 12:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We are pushing nearly a year and the democrats have done nothing to create a new "original" message. You still have way too much interference by Sanders and Clinton for a viable candidate to rise from the pack. This is great for the GOP and an even better sign for 2018.

You're almost as good as Paul Spicer. Almost a year and nothing has been done. But it's not like you Trump fan boys care about policy. As long as he's standing up for the white man.

How's Donald doing trying to bribe a Senator to support version #38 of a health care bill? Repeal and Replace!

Everything Is about race with you. But that's not surprising.

(09-25-2017, 01:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: I will say this about these protests though..

There needs to be some kind of next level push from those involved. Needs to be an organised and unified plan to help fix what they say needs to be fixed. You can protest all you want but generally speaking that doesn't tend to change much in practical terms.  

Shad Khan and some of the other billionaires in the league say they support the players protesting, but are they really going to try push for law changes and help inequality on a day to day basis? I'm not sure they will. They have more power than anyone else to help impact what the players are protesting against but will they actually put together a real plan to try?

You mean inequality for black people, am I right? That's what all this is about. You have everyone locking arms supposedly for unity but those black players could care less if the white man is trested equally because they feel like they are owed something. Where was all this kneeling before? Why didn't Kap kneel when He was in the superbowl or when he was at the top of his game. Why did he wait till he was benched?

(09-24-2017, 09:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-24-2017, 09:45 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: Just remove the anthem from non international games.

You still have to give players and coaches who love their country the opportunity to salute the flag.

Sure, they can do it in the locker room

(09-25-2017, 12:43 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Can we stop pretending that these football players are someone how brave and / or heroes for kneeling? All those that weren't doing it before are likely doing it now because it's against Trump. These millionaires, who live in their own bubble, don't see what they do as a risk.

You have anything to back up the text in bold? People like me? Show me a post where I called anyone here, or anywhere, racist JUST for disagreeing with Obama.

Is Trump any more brave when he goes in front of an audience of supporters in Alabama and says a player who is exercising his First Amendment right of free speech, in violation of NO NFL rule, is a son of a [BLEEP] who should be fired?

He is not responsible for the divide, he is exploiting it.

Besides, I doubt he cares, it's all a diversion

#russianhoax
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(09-25-2017, 01:09 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 01:08 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: He's already lost my vote.  He has shown too often that he can't control himself and just shut his mouth.

Who is going to run against him?

On the Republican side, there are a number of people I'd love to see mount a primary challenge to him. Rand Paul tops that list. Nikki Haley is on it as well.

On the Democratic side, the list is very short, but one name that stands out the more I look into her is Tulsi Gabbard. A little far left on some things, but very centrist on others, to the point that she was rejected by the Democratic party, embraced by Bernie Sanders and respected by Trump and Bannon. If that's not a candidate who has appeal to just about anyone, I don't know who is.

(09-25-2017, 01:42 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 12:43 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Can we stop pretending that these football players are someone how brave and / or heroes for kneeling? All those that weren't doing it before are likely doing it now because it's against Trump. These millionaires, who live in their own bubble, don't see what they do as a risk.

You have anything to back up the text in bold? People like me? Show me a post where I called anyone here, or anywhere, racist JUST for disagreeing with Obama.

Is Trump any more brave when he goes in front of an audience of supporters in Alabama and says a player who is exercising his First Amendment right of free speech, in violation of NO NFL rule, is a son of a [BLEEP] who should be fired?

He is not responsible for the divide, he is exploiting it.

Besides, I doubt he cares, it's all a diversion

#russianhoax
Very well said.

Trump may not be racist but he sure does love pumping up those who are.

(09-25-2017, 01:21 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 01:13 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: You're almost as good as Paul Spicer. Almost a year and nothing has been done. But it's not like you Trump fan boys care about policy. As long as he's standing up for the white man.

Everything Is about race with you. But that's not surprising.

(09-25-2017, 01:20 PM)JackCity Wrote: I will say this about these protests though..

You mean inequality for black people, am I right? That's what all this is about. You have everyone locking arms supposedly for unity but those black players could care less if the white man is trested equally because they feel like they are owed something. Where was all this kneeling before? Why didn't Kap kneel when He was in the superbowl or when he was at the top of his game. Why did he wait till he was benched?

Inequality for all. Rich/poor, black/white etc etc.  
Kap knelt because he felt it had reached a certain point where he had to do something. Obviously at the super bowl he didn't feel this exact same way.  

Good job focusing on what Kap did and not what he did it for though.

(09-25-2017, 12:52 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:

Show me one example in which I ever called someone a racist for disagreeing with Obama. You have to make up stuff just to defend your guy. That ought to show you how weak the Trump argument is and how easily he gets you to buy into it.

And how is the NFL "political"? Once the game starts it's a football game. And that's it. If you want to pretend to be stressed out that's up to you. I just watch the game.

Oh, c'mon... you and jamesfriedchicken (sp?) focus your entire arguments around race / biogtry. It's almost exclusively what you use to defend your point-of-view. 

I'm not going to go through years worth of your posts to find something that I think even you know to be obvious.

(09-25-2017, 01:42 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

You said the following:

Quote:Over the course of Obama's campaigns and presidency, I have searched for a good reason to make me believe race was not behind some of what you talk about, but no other reason makes any sense. I'd love to think it isn't true, but I hear it out of the mouths of too many people to not think the general attitude of disrespect shown towards him (A state governor wagging her finger in his face on the tarmac, a congressman calling him a liar during the State of the Union address being the most well known examples) has more than a little bit to do with the color of his skin and his unusual name.

... and before you try to say that you only wanted to point out that race was somewhat of a factor, you said this when I told you that race always plays a role (even for blacks against whites):

Quote:That's simplistic and, frankly, naive. The hatred and disrespect towards Obama started before he was president. Did you see any of those town meetings and rallies during the 2008 campaign?

It seems obvious to me where you stand on it. You made general statements about those that "disrespect" him have "more than a little bit to do with the color of his skin". Did you mean for this to be taken differently?

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017, 02:42 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-25-2017, 12:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump isn't a stupid man. Everything he has done HIGHLY affects the NFL and does not really affect him one bit.

People tend to forget he is not an idiot.

[Image: 90be81268fdfdd00d61d82f54dd6922429fa09ec...383229.jpg]

[Image: g1336812879857853609.jpg]

This kneeling thing has become a bad fad like planking and Tebowing. Its intent has been muddied and therefore is useless in addressing original root causes of whatever issue is mentioned this week. It gets attention but unfortunately, it is of the negative variety. Let's get past the theatrics and actually get into the weeds of the issues. Take your fame, money, and time to local distressed communities, police departments, etc. Make that a spectacle. I'm not talking about a simple photo op or holiday show of face. Go on police and fire ridealongs, build houses in communities, adopt a school, spend a week with a local legislature, etc. Get out of your sphere of safety and make your cause known directly in the community.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(09-25-2017, 01:53 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 01:09 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Who is going to run against him?

On the Republican side, there are a number of people I'd love to see mount a primary challenge to him. Rand Paul tops that list. Nikki Haley is on it as well.

On the Democratic side, the list is very short, but one name that stands out the more I look into her is Tulsi Gabbard. A little far left on some things, but very centrist on others, to the point that she was rejected by the Democratic party, embraced by Bernie Sanders and respected by Trump and Bannon. If that's not a candidate who has appeal to just about anyone, I don't know who is.

Rand Paul is the candidate I wanted from the very beginning. Unfortunately, he dropped out before the Ohio primary. I hope he gives it another go.

So you believe someone from the GOP is going to step up and challenge Trump for re-election? I don't see that happening.

(09-25-2017, 02:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So you believe someone from the GOP is going to step up and challenge Trump for re-election? I don't see that happening.

Of course. 

Trump will be very beatable even in the Republican primaries. He isn't very well liked in his own party, his numbers are plummeting and he is hated around the world. His approval rating is lower than any other president in recent history and unless the Republicans want no chance at winning in 2020, they need another option. Other than his diminishing group of unwavering followers who believe his very word is gospel, a large number of Republicans can't wait to see another viable candidate come from the Republican party, just so they can ditch Trump. My best friend and his entire family are staunch Republicans and even they were reluctant to vote for him. They would jump on the chance to have another Republican option.

Reluctant or vociferous... A vote is a vote. 3% GDP. He hits that he'll hit 300 again