Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump calls on NFL owners to fire players who protest.

I guess the left is so used to Simple Barry only being able to do one thing at a time..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-27-2017, 03:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I guess the left is so used to Simple Barry only being able to do one thing at a time..

This is the statement you come up with? Instead of adding to the discussion with some valid points to debate, you just randomly take a pot-shot at a former president who is no longer in office? Nice. Way to pull a "Trump."

(09-27-2017, 04:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 03:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I guess the left is so used to Simple Barry only being able to do one thing at a time..

This is the statement you come up with? Instead of adding to the discussion with some valid points to debate, you just randomly take a pot-shot at a former president who is no longer in office? Nice. Way to pull a "Trump."

A question was asked, I gave an answer.

I don't like that trump has exasperated the situation, but i don't like that the league as a whole isn't just ignoring the problem but almost fostering it.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

You’re learning well from Trump.

Just deflect.

(09-27-2017, 06:13 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
You’re learning well from Trump.

Just deflect.

Yeah, god forbid we have a President who can multi-task.. That's too much for Barry

Frailbones goes to college. Enough said. They are teaching ANTI AMERICAN values. Time to go sit in the corner with a coloring book. CNN has a place for you. FAKE NEWS.

(09-27-2017, 07:00 PM)uthill Wrote: Frailbones goes to college. Enough said. They are teaching ANTI AMERICAN values.

Shirley, you jest.

[Image: b83eef2b053d5379d8dc1681fc9584d9d202b970...56d225.jpg]

So worthless he needed an Autopen to do the hard part for him.

So worthless he needed an Autopen to do the hard part for him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-27-2017, 07:00 PM)uthill Wrote: Frailbones goes to college. Enough said. They are teaching ANTI AMERICAN values. Time to go sit in the corner with a coloring book. CNN has a place for you. FAKE NEWS.

Now college is bad? I guess it's o.k. if you went to Trump University though. I guess you'd rather people drop out of high school, so they wouldn't learn facts by reading all those anti-American books. I guess book learnin' is anti-American in your eyes.  Rolleyes

(09-27-2017, 09:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 07:00 PM)uthill Wrote: Frailbones goes to college. Enough said. They are teaching ANTI AMERICAN values. Time to go sit in the corner with a coloring book. CNN has a place for you. FAKE NEWS.

Now college is bad? I guess it's o.k. if you went to Trump University though. I guess you'd rather people drop out of high school, so they wouldn't learn facts by reading all those anti-American books. I guess book learnin' is anti-American in your eyes.  Rolleyes

Being educated isn't bad, but colleges are, outside of the STEM degrees, pretty much just brainwashing stations.

Not even sure how people can it at this point.

I haven't read every post in this thread, so I don't know if this has been posted, but the NFL rulebook already covers the situation:

Pages A62-63 of the league’s game operations manual:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2017, 07:59 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(09-27-2017, 03:30 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 02:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: An 80 year old receiving treatment for glioblastoma at Mayo Clinic is rejecting the health care bill that will help out Americans seeing up to a 200% increase in their health care premiums. This tells you everything you need to know. Healthcare shouldn't be a partisan issue, but unfortunately the democrats and RINO's care more about seeing Trump's policies fail than providing relief to millions of Americans.

Pretty sure those are being handled....
Oh they are?

How would you know when Trump continues to bring up the NFL?

A POTUS is capable of multitasking. In the midst of the entire 30 minutes he talked about the NFL, he managed to roll out his tax reform proposal.

(09-28-2017, 07:50 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I haven't read every post in this thread, so I don't know if this has been posted, but the NFL rulebook already covers the situation:

Pages A62-63 of the league’s game operations manual:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

So, the NFL is selective in the rules they enforce. They won't let Dallas wear decal honoring 5 fallen cops, won't let players wear personal badges honoring parents who died of an awful cancer, but choose not to uphold this rule.

Goodel is as good as gone. Just wait...

(09-27-2017, 09:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

College isn't bad, but college has changed. Liberal professors brainwashing impressionable minds with their beliefs isn't a good thing no matter how you look at it.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2017, 08:50 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-27-2017, 11:43 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 09:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Now college is bad? I guess it's o.k. if you went to Trump University though. I guess you'd rather people drop out of high school, so they wouldn't learn facts by reading all those anti-American books. I guess book learnin' is anti-American in your eyes.  Rolleyes

Being educated isn't bad, but colleges are, outside of the STEM degrees, pretty much just brainwashing stations.

Not even sure how people can it at this point.

[Image: cce.png]

I'm proud of my education. I certainly wasn't brainwashed. I was shown a differing opinion from what my very conservative parents had shown me. From there, I balanced both opinions to form my own. I don't just follow what I'm told. Sometimes I agreed with my parents, sometimes I agreed with what I learned in college. It's called free thought. I take the information and do some research to form opinions of my own. Colleges may offer differing thoughts than what some people may have grown up being told, but that's a good thing. It allows people to not be influenced by either side. By the way, not all professors are liberal. I had a couple who were pretty conservative.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2017, 08:22 AM by Jagwired.)

From this article http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-col...21581.html

"My coworker Jason Boatright pointed this out to me, so that’s why I did a quick search on Google of the NFL rulebook. It’s easy to find, and here is a link to it. http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-nfl-rulebook/

There is no mention of the national anthem in the NFL rulebook. There are no pages A62 or A63, either.

Page 62 deals with a “Foul committed during passing play,” “Foul during a backward pass or fumble,” “Foul during free kick play” and “Four during scrimmage kick play.” Page 63 continues with the scrimmage kick play, and then deals with a “Dead ball foul and foul between downs.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-col...rylink=cpy
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-28-2017, 08:21 AM)Jagwired Wrote: From this article http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-col...21581.html

"My coworker Jason Boatright pointed this out to me, so that’s why I did a quick search on Google of the NFL rulebook. It’s easy to find, and here is a link to it. http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-nfl-rulebook/

There is no mention of the national anthem in the NFL rulebook. There are no pages A62 or A63, either.

Page 62 deals with a “Foul committed during passing play,” “Foul during a backward pass or fumble,” “Foul during free kick play” and “Four during scrimmage kick play.” Page 63 continues with the scrimmage kick play, and then deals with a “Dead ball foul and foul between downs.”

It's not the NFL Rulebook that describes it, it's the NFL Operations Manual, which, oddly enough, is not available on the NFL operations page.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(09-28-2017, 09:11 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 08:21 AM)Jagwired Wrote: From this article http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-col...21581.html

It's not the NFL Rulebook that describes it, it's the NFL Operations Manual, which, oddly enough, is not available on the NFL operations page.

This^^

It is one of three manuals outside the rulebook that dictates field operations.

http://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/l...overnance/
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

From older 2013 manual...

Attached Files
.jpg   2017-09-26-15-03-12.jpg (Size: 159.7 KB / Downloads: 122)

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Who cares! Just stop watching football if you feel so disrespected and find something better to do.

It's a peaceful protest after all. Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this?

(09-28-2017, 10:07 AM)dkouchev Wrote: Who cares! Just stop watching football if you feel so disrespected and find something better to do.

It's a peaceful protest after all. Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this?

Because Donald told them to!

Donald does sound like a plantation owner, doesn't he. "They should only know the sting of the whip!" lol ... and the beat goes on
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.