Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump calls on NFL owners to fire players who protest.

(09-23-2017, 05:54 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 05:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: You're kidding, right?

I can make the same argument about Obama and BLM (and other 'activists'). He never condoned when they did something clearly biased. Trump, however, HAS condoned white racists, but because he doesn't do it like you want him to, then he must supports it.

The divisiveness in this country came form Obama. Trump is the result of 8 years of telling white people racists, bigots and sexists they're racists, bigots, and sexists.

FTFY

No RJ.  Trump is the result of every time a white male legitimately disagreed with an Obama policy they were deemed a racists, sexist, bigot.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2017, 09:23 PM)copycat Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 04:38 PM)nate Wrote: Remember when he swore an oath to defend that Constitution?   What a joke.

They can express themselves in manners they choose within the rules.

And can be condemned by those actions with in the rules.  Let's not forget that.

There is no rule requiring players stand for the national anthem.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(09-23-2017, 09:57 PM)copycat Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 05:54 PM)rollerjag Wrote: FTFY

No RJ.  Trump is the result of every time a white male legitimately disagreed with an Obama policy they were deemed a racists, sexist, bigot.

Prove it, and prove who said it every time.

President Trump is the result of his opponent being Hillary Clinton.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(09-23-2017, 10:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 09:23 PM)copycat Wrote: And can be condemned by those actions with in the rules.  Let's not forget that.

There is no rule requiring players stand for the national anthem.

My bad.  I did not mean to infer that standing during the National Anthem was a rule but rather that people condemning those that chose not to stand have the right to condemn them as long as they do so with in the rule of law.  With that said, I have seen that the owner of the KC Chiefs has stated that his employees will stand or be fired regardless of who they are.  Not sure of how true this is but if that is indeed the case then it is a rule.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(09-23-2017, 10:10 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 09:57 PM)copycat Wrote: No RJ.  Trump is the result of every time a white male legitimately disagreed with an Obama policy they were deemed a racists, sexist, bigot.

Prove it, and prove who said it every time.

Now how do you expect me to prove that?  Come on man, have the courage to acknowledge that for 8 years disagreeing with Obama often led to being accused of being racist.  Is that better?

(09-23-2017, 10:22 PM)copycat Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 10:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote: There is no rule requiring players stand for the national anthem.

My bad.  I did not mean to infer that standing during the National Anthem was a rule but rather that people condemning those that chose not to stand have the right to condemn them as long as they do so with in the rule of law.  With that said, I have seen that the owner of the KC Chiefs has stated that his employees will stand or be fired regardless of who they are.  Not sure of how true this is but if that is indeed the case then it is a rule.

Now the Giants, the colts, the seahawks, the Falcons, the 49ers, the Fins, the NFL as a league, MLB players sending a message of RESPECT to the right to express oneself in a peaceful manner.

People who take a common sense view on the fact that police, military, and several other civil servants swear an oath to allow exactly this.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2017, 11:18 PM by nate.)

(09-23-2017, 10:29 PM)copycat Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 10:10 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Prove it, and prove who said it every time.

Now how do you expect me to prove that?  Come on man, have the courage to acknowledge that for 8 years disagreeing with Obama often led to being accused of being racist.  Is that better?

So now every time turns to often.  That's about how hollow false narratives fall upon themselves.  

I disagreed with the President on many things, as you might expect from a lifelong R.  However, I didn't look at every thing he said with chip on my shoulder either.

A good man.  A solid CITIZEN.  Someone who chose to dignify the office of the President and take the job seriously.

(09-23-2017, 10:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote: There is no rule requiring players stand for the national anthem.

Now the Giants, the colts, the seahawks, the Falcons, the 49ers, the Fins, the NFL as a league, MLB players sending a message of RESPECT to the right to express oneself in a peaceful manner.

People who take a common sense view on the fact that police, military, and several other civil servants swear an oath to allow exactly this.

Time to remove Fred Taylor from the pride. His Twitter rant tonight I can't support.

(09-23-2017, 11:02 PM)nate Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 10:22 PM)copycat Wrote: My bad.  I did not mean to infer that standing during the National Anthem was a rule but rather that people condemning those that chose not to stand have the right to condemn them as long as they do so with in the rule of law.  With that said, I have seen that the owner of the KC Chiefs has stated that his employees will stand or be fired regardless of who they are.  Not sure of how true this is but if that is indeed the case then it is a rule.

In your opinion did Trump also have a right to express himself in a peaceful manner?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Note to Alex Smith: take a knee, claim the rest of the year's salary, enjoy retirement.

(09-23-2017, 11:27 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Time to remove Fred Taylor from the pride. His Twitter rant tonight I can't support.

Quote:If I lose fans, so be it, I don't want or need your support. What I need is open-minded, decent human beings who condemn attempts to divide

That's actually contradictory...  

Quote:It's not about the flag at the end of the day. Most of you use it to hide your true colors. If you know me, you know my heart

Tell that to the protestors...  

So the NFL is going to war with the sitting president of the United States because a heroin dealer got caught selling poison to the community they claim to uphold, decided he didn't want to face the real consequences of his actions, rammed a police car, engaged in a high speed chase swerving into oncoming traffic and got shot...  

What kind of criminal justice reform are they hocking again?

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2017, 11:44 PM by nate.)

(09-23-2017, 11:28 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 11:02 PM)nate Wrote: Now the Giants, the colts, the seahawks, the Falcons, the 49ers, the Fins, the NFL as a league, MLB players sending a message of RESPECT to the right to express oneself in a peaceful manner.

In your opinion did Trump also have a right to express himself in a peaceful manner?

Sure.  He has the right to expose himself on a daily basis.  Where was the outrage when Tom Brady didn't visit the white house, by the way?

Having the right doesn't make it any less despicable.

Coming from a guy...as president, who needs to be reminded to put his hand over his heart for the very same anthem.

(09-23-2017, 11:36 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 10:22 PM)copycat Wrote: My bad.  I did not mean to infer that standing during the National Anthem was a rule but rather that people condemning those that chose not to stand have the right to condemn them as long as they do so with in the rule of law.  With that said, I have seen that the owner of the KC Chiefs has stated that his employees will stand or be fired regardless of who they are.  Not sure of how true this is but if that is indeed the case then it is a rule.

Note to Alex Smith: take a knee, claim the rest of the year's salary, enjoy retirement.

I'd be totally on board with him being our QB next year.

(09-23-2017, 11:28 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 11:02 PM)nate Wrote: Now the Giants, the colts, the seahawks, the Falcons, the 49ers, the Fins, the NFL as a league, MLB players sending a message of RESPECT to the right to express oneself in a peaceful manner.

Sure.  He has the right to expose himself on a daily basis.  Where was the outrage when Tom Brady didn't visit the white house, by the way?

Having the right doesn't make it any less despicable.

Coming from a guy...as president, who needs to be reminded to put his hand over his heart for the very same anthem.

Mark Cuban common sensibly defends the right to peaceful protest. Not a shock, in many ways.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2017, 11:54 PM by jj82284.)

I believe that Brady was at home with his sick mother, not making a political statement. He declined the trip to the WH this season as well.

(09-23-2017, 11:48 PM)nate Wrote: Mark Cuban common sensibly defends the right to peaceful protest.  Not a shock, in many ways.

when did the president state that the players don't have the right to do anything?

Packers

Bills.

Without accidentally saying something that could anger the conservatives, I just want to put this here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...m-comments
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...p-comments

I would expect every NFL employee and fan who reads these statements to agree none of Donald Trump's "divisive" and "offensive" comments never should have been said or, as he loves to do, tweeted. It is sad that this country is run by a billionaire business owner who knows everything about running a company, but nothing about the First Amendment. Angry

(09-24-2017, 12:11 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Without accidentally saying something that could anger the conservatives, I just want to put this here:

I would expect every NFL employee and fan who reads these statements to agree none of Donald Trump's "divisive" and "offensive" comments never should have been said or, as he loves to do, tweeted. It is sad that this country is run by a billionaire business owner who knows everything about running a company, but nothing about the First Amendment. Angry

He clearly knows more about the 1A than you do.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2017, 05:24 AM by The Real Marty.)

Well then I hope a few of their offensive linemen get fired, so we can pick them up.   Because I care a lot more about winning football games than I do about whether a player stands for the national anthem.

(09-24-2017, 12:11 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Without accidentally saying something that could anger the conservatives, I just want to put this here:

The first amendment applies to the government, not to the NFL.   It reads, in part, 

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Congress, meaning the government cannot restrict freedom of speech, etc.  Private companies, including the NFL, can do whatever they want to restrict speech.

If some Jag players started to kneel, would you stop going to games?

(09-24-2017, 07:45 AM)BklynJag Wrote: If some Jag players started to kneel, would you stop going to games?
I think you’ll see some kneel today.