Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dem calls for all NFL players to kneel during national anthem

Dem calls for all NFL players to kneel during national anthem

Former Democratic Rep. Donna Edwards (D-Md.) tweeted that she hopes all NFL players kneel during the national anthem on Sunday in response to President Trump's remarks attacking Colin Kaepernick.

Edwards, who left Congress earlier this year, called Trump a "white supremacist who squats in our White House" in her tweet.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...nal-anthem
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What will this accomplish exactly?

I can promise you there are a lot more Americans who own television sets with NFL Network & ESPN subscriptions that agree with the content of what DT said than not. NFL is on a very slippery slope right now. Gonna be interesting to see where this leads.

(09-23-2017, 03:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I can promise you there are a lot more Americans who own television sets with NFL Network & ESPN subscriptions that agree with the content of what DT said than  not. NFL is on a very slippery slope right now.  Gonna be interesting to see where this leads.
This is going to lead to even more players and now even some coaches kneeling or sitting during the anthem. I can guarantee you that.

Trump opens his mouth on an issue that doesn't concern him and now he's made the issue worse. The players for the NFL and now the NBA are banded together now more than ever.

The last thing I want to see when I watch football is political protesting. I will turn the damn TV off.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2017, 04:35 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(09-23-2017, 04:29 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 03:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I can promise you there are a lot more Americans who own television sets with NFL Network & ESPN subscriptions that agree with the content of what DT said than  not. NFL is on a very slippery slope right now.  Gonna be interesting to see where this leads.
This is going to lead to even more players and now even some coaches kneeling or sitting during the anthem. I can guarantee you that.

Trump opens his mouth on an issue that doesn't concern him and now he's made the issue worse. The players for the NFL and now the NBA are banded together now more than ever.

So, is this what "Social Activism" month will look like? Players taking knees for their own personal reasons while sending no clear message to impressionable individuals who actually look up to them?

Sounds down right silly. As if concussions and all but guaranteed CTE weren't enough to drive people away from the game, right? Again, slippery slope here. Kids aren't going to want to watch a game they aren't allowed to play, and they have managed to piss off a majority of adults already.

(09-23-2017, 04:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 04:29 PM)Frailbones Wrote: This is going to lead to even more players and now even some coaches kneeling or sitting during the anthem. I can guarantee you that.

So, is this what "Social Activism" month will look like? Players taking knees for their own personal reasons while sending no clear message to impressionable individuals who actually look up to them?

Sounds down right silly. As if concussions and all but guaranteed CTE weren't enough to drive people away from the game, right? Again, slippery slope here. Kids aren't going to want to watch a game they aren't allowed to play, and they have managed to piss off a majority of adults already.

Not a majority.

(09-23-2017, 05:41 PM)nate Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 04:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So, is this what "Social Activism" month will look like? Players taking knees for their own personal reasons while sending no clear message to impressionable individuals who actually look up to them?

Not a majority.

The millions of foreigners who voted for Hillary are probably more interested in metric football.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(09-23-2017, 03:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What will this accomplish exactly?
[Image: Absolutely_nothing.jpg]

(09-23-2017, 04:32 PM)burt1jason Wrote: The last thing I want to see when I watch football is political protesting. I will turn the damn TV off.
[Image: 1kxup2.jpg]

(09-23-2017, 08:34 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(09-23-2017, 05:41 PM)nate Wrote: Not a majority.

The millions of foreigners who voted for Hillary are probably more interested in metric football.
[Image: tenor.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2017, 05:32 AM by The Real Marty.)

She's doing what Trump did.   She's playing to her base.  She's keeping her name in the news.  She's no longer in congress, so she can make a living with an even smaller base than if she had to run for office. 

She's following the script that most of our manipulators follow, whether they are in the media or in politics- divide and conquer. Try to polarize the public, so it is easier to control.

(09-24-2017, 05:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

She's doing what Trump did.   She's playing to her base.  She's keeping her name in the news.  She's no longer in congress, so she can make a living with an even smaller base than if she had to run for office. 

She's following the script that most of our manipulators follow, whether they are in the media or in politics- divide and conquer.   Try to polarize the public, so it is easier to control.

Trump's base is actually strong. 2020

When the NFL's pocketbook gets hurt even more than it is now true change will come. These players are already in violation of the NFL's written protocol.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2017/...699886001/

All of this kneeling stuff is going to go away rather quickly.  Many people including fans, players, coaches, etc. are already getting pretty sick and tired of it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-27-2017, 09:18 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: All of this kneeling stuff is going to go away rather quickly.  Many people including fans, players, coaches, etc. are already getting pretty sick and tired of it.

I like the Cowboys' and Cardinals' approaches. The Cowboys took a knee as a team, but did so without making a spectacle of themselves. The Cardinals included everyone they could find on the field in their interlocked arms display. Both were tasteful solutions to a problem that's ugly and only getting uglier.

(09-27-2017, 09:24 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 09:18 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: All of this kneeling stuff is going to go away rather quickly.  Many people including fans, players, coaches, etc. are already getting pretty sick and tired of it.

I like the Cowboys' and Cardinals' approaches. The Cowboys took a knee as a team, but did so without making a spectacle of themselves. The Cardinals included everyone they could find on the field in their interlocked arms display. Both were tasteful solutions to a problem that's ugly and only getting uglier.

The Cowboy's approach was awesome. Especially the way Jerry Jones chased down a camera man to ensure he was captured at the center of "his" idea.

What a fraud.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/09/27...ers-video/

It's all meaningless now. It's turned from a message to a political sideshow.

(09-28-2017, 10:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's all meaningless now. It's turned from a message to a political sideshow.

You mean just a show.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Rush Limbaugh interview on Hannity tells you all you need to know about the lefts agenda to attack the NFL. Check it out.

(09-28-2017, 09:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Rush Limbaugh interview on Hannity tells you all you need to know about the lefts agenda to attack the NFL. Check it out.

lol ... Rush and Sean, Abbott and Costello, Laurel and Hardy, Moe and Curly. The list goes on and on
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(09-28-2017, 09:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Rush Limbaugh interview on Hannity tells you all you need to know about the lefts agenda to attack the NFL. Check it out.
You still watching Rush Limbaugh is all you need to know......

How's Alex Jones doing too?