Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mortenson on Andrew Luck

ESPN's Chris Mortenson (one of the few ESPN talking heads I still respect) said the Colts are trying to get Andrew Luck ready to return against the Jaguars.

We owe him some more butt kickings.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That may be a bad idea with lucks problem with holding the ball too long and our dline

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017, 08:24 PM by SeldomRite. Edit Reason: I [BLEEP] hate touch screen typing )

If they're smart they'll be looking to bring him in the week after they face the Jaguars.

(09-25-2017, 07:31 PM)lastonealive Wrote: That may be a bad idea with lucks problem with holding the ball too long and our dline

(09-25-2017, 08:00 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: If there smart they'll be looking to bring him in the week after they face the Jaguars.

There is wisdom in these words.

Their OL is not the greatest right now.

Our D Line is getting after people, and our corners are providing tight coverage. If his WRs do not get immediate separation from our guys, Luck could be in a lot of trouble.

Really? Sounds like they're trying to tank again hahahha
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(09-25-2017, 08:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 07:31 PM)lastonealive Wrote: That may be a bad idea with lucks problem with holding the ball too long and our dline

(09-25-2017, 08:00 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: If there smart they'll be looking to bring him in the week after they face the Jaguars.

There is wisdom in these words.

Our D Line is getting after people, and our corners are providing tight coverage.  If his WRs do not get immediate separation from our guys, Luck could be in a lot of trouble.

I don't have any fear of the Jaguars losing to the colts this year, but I do think the Jaguars could possibly get close to double digit sacks against them in each game.

If it's Luck in there for those games he'd better be truly well and fully healed because the guy has a habit of holding the ball and trying to stay up, so if the Jaguars are serious about winning they should be coming at him with some serious violence.

They'd get a much lighter test if they just wait one week in the Bengals.

Apparently the target is week 6 vs the Titans.......

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/9/24/1...k-6-return

If he is attempting a week 6 comeback, there may not be much left of him to play in week 7 against us. Ouch.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(09-26-2017, 09:38 AM)B2hibry Wrote: If he is attempting a week 6 comeback, there may not be much left of him to play in week 7 against us. Ouch.

Agreed.  Tennessee is a solid team for him to try to return.

They should IR the dude before they get him totally broken

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2017, 11:20 AM by Jaguarmeister.)

(09-25-2017, 08:00 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: If they're smart they'll be looking to bring him in the week after they face the Jaguars.

My thoughts exactly.  I get the importance of divisional games and all, but I'm sure the clots record at the time will factor in.  If they've only won 1 game at that time I doubt they bring him back and subject him to what might be one of the most punishing games of the season for him.  That being said, they get the Bungles and the tinhorns in the following weeks who both have the ability to get to the QB so maybe they're figuring they might as well take their chances against the Jags in an important divisional game.

(09-25-2017, 08:38 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 08:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote: There is wisdom in these words.

Our D Line is getting after people, and our corners are providing tight coverage.  If his WRs do not get immediate separation from our guys, Luck could be in a lot of trouble.

I don't have any fear of the Jaguars losing to the colts this year, but I do think the Jaguars could possibly get close to double digit sacks against them in each game.

If it's Luck in there for those games he'd better be truly well and fully healed because the guy has a habit of holding the ball and trying to stay up, so if the Jaguars are serious about winning they should be coming at him with some serious violence.

I wouldn't say much lighter.  Bengals are 6th in sacks with 10 and 10th in overall team defense.  Not too shabby.

(09-26-2017, 11:19 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 08:00 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: If they're smart they'll be looking to bring him in the week after they face the Jaguars.

My thoughts exactly.  I get the importance of divisional games and all, but I'm sure the clots record at the time will factor in.  If they've only won 1 game at that time I doubt they bring him back and subject him to what might be one of the most punishing games of the season for him.  That being said, they get the Bungles and the tinhorns in the following weeks who both have the ability to get to the QB so maybe they're figuring they might as well take their chances against the Jags in an important divisional game.

(09-25-2017, 08:38 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I don't have any fear of the Jaguars losing to the colts this year, but I do think the Jaguars could possibly get close to double digit sacks against them in each game.

I wouldn't say much lighter.  Bengals are 6th in sacks with 10 and 10th in overall team defense.  Not too shabby.

The reason I say much lighter is because I don't see them getting forced into a fifty throw type of game against the Bengals. Against the Jaguars they could easily be down by twenty at the half and staring down the barrel of trying to repeatedly throw at one of the best pass defenses in the league.

They could be having a lot of bad situational football is what I mean.

TITANS beat the clots with or without luck week 6. Monday night football in nashville. Oh and jags beat clots with or without luck week 7

Apparently Dr. Chao, a 17 year NFL Draft, thinks an October return is very slim and November is much more likely.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-25-2017, 06:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote: ESPN's Chris Mortenson (one of the few ESPN talking heads I still respect) said the Colts are trying to get Andrew Luck ready to return against the Jaguars.

The thing is, this (so far) isn't the "same old Jaguars" that they were perhaps planning on.  I don't think that it really matters who is at QB for them when they play us.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-28-2017, 09:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 06:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote: ESPN's Chris Mortenson (one of the few ESPN talking heads I still respect) said the Colts are trying to get Andrew Luck ready to return against the Jaguars.

The thing is, this (so far) isn't the "same old Jaguars" that they were perhaps planning on.  I don't think that it really matters who is at QB for them when they play us.

I will say if Luck is completely healthy, and he is the Andrew Luck he was when he first entered the league from a physical standpoint, he is a capable and dangerous QB for just about any defense.

With that preface in mind, I would say it is a doubtful proposition that he is near what he was before, even if he is healthy enough to play.  Furthermore, if he plays against us, he will likely be out of sync with his receivers.  Then there is the matter of talent-namely that the talent around him has taken a precipitous drop, while the talent on our team, especially on defense, appears to have improved.  We now match up better against the Colts offense than at any time since we held them to 10 in Indy so many years ago, and likely even better than that.

(09-29-2017, 10:28 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 09:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The thing is, this (so far) isn't the "same old Jaguars" that they were perhaps planning on.  I don't think that it really matters who is at QB for them when they play us.

I will say if Luck is completely healthy, and he is the Andrew Luck he was when he first entered the league from a physical standpoint, he is a capable and dangerous QB for just about any defense.

With that preface in mind, I would say it is a doubtful proposition that he is near what he was before, even if he is healthy enough to play.  Furthermore, if he plays against us, he will likely be out of sync with his receivers.  Then there is the matter of talent-namely that the talent around him has taken a precipitous drop, while the talent on our team, especially on defense, appears to have improved.  We now match up better against the Colts offense than at any time since we held them to 10 in Indy so many years ago, and likely even better than that.

He really was nothing more than a slightly above average qb.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Chris Ballard said Andrew Luck will practice this week. He was right.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...s-practice

When Luck will return to team activities and put on pads is another matter.

It's time to put to bed this myth that Luck is this all powerful qb who carries the team which would get no wins without him...

Ty Hilton is their best player.

Still saying at least a month out.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colts...t-a-month/
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]