Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
November 12th.......Mark your calendars

MARK YOUR CALENDARS! November 12th, on Veterans Day weekend, Americans will be boycotting Football en masse -- make sure to participate in getting the NFL's ratings to an all-time low.

Please spread this announcement everywhere and join our Facebook event --> http://bit.ly/2jXWZU1

#BoycottTheNFL

I will be attending, enough is enough.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No thank you.

Nah I'm good, might throw some NFL on all 3 tvs in the house, give CBS another 4% ratings increase like they had yesterday.

Why has this become a battle of patriotism?

Ill be celebrating Veterans Day by playing golf with my grandfather in the morning and then going to watch the Jags with him at a bar.

I like my idea better.

(09-25-2017, 09:52 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Ill be celebrating Veterans Day by playing golf with my grandfather in the morning and then going to watch the Jags with him at a bar.

I like my idea better.

That's your right and it's mine as well. Isn't that how this works?

(09-25-2017, 09:56 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 09:52 PM)Frailbones Wrote: Ill be celebrating Veterans Day by playing golf with my grandfather in the morning and then going to watch the Jags with him at a bar.

I like my idea better.

That's your right and it's mine as well. Isn't that how this works?
Absolutely dude.

Go for it.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017, 10:08 PM by jj82284.)

(09-25-2017, 09:42 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: Why has this become a battle of patriotism?

I'll give you three guesses

I may be wrong, but I have a feeling this will all be over by then.

Hey I said I wouldn't spend anymore money on the Jags or the NFL until this horse [BLEEP] is behind us.. I'll still watch the game on TV.. Especially if they're having a decent season..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(09-25-2017, 10:07 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 09:42 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: Why has this become a battle of patriotism?

I'll give you three guesses

I don't want guesses. I'm wondering if I'm missing something. 

Did these "protests" start to protest the flag? The anthem? Veterans? America?

(09-25-2017, 10:13 PM)Scarecrow Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 10:07 PM)jj82284 Wrote: I'll give you three guesses

I don't want guesses. I'm wondering if I'm missing something. 

The method of protest was directed at the Flag and the national anthem, also the greater message of the protest (if you can get to it) is based on the idea that America is a dirty rotten place filled with racist sexist homophobe bigot good time rock and rollers.  There are a lot of people who think that the anthem and the flag are not appropriate targets of derision and who think that the country that allows our beloved intellectual leaders to play in publicly financed stadiums exempt from anti trust laws and taxation is actually a pretty cool place to live.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017, 10:39 PM by Scarecrow.)

(09-25-2017, 10:21 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 10:13 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: I don't want guesses. I'm wondering if I'm missing something. 

The method of protest was directed at the Flag and the national anthem, also the greater message of the protest (if you can get to it) is based on the idea that America is a dirty rotten place filled with racist sexist homophobe bigot good time rock and rollers.  There are a lot of people who think that the anthem and the flag are not appropriate targets of derision and who think that the country that allows our beloved intellectual leaders to play in publicly financed stadiums exempt from anti trust laws and taxation is actually a pretty cool place to live.

See I thought this started mostly because of the oppression of minorities and police policy refinement.

I think the opposing side of this issue has taken the patriotism card and ran with it. It doesn't help that it gets overwhelming media attention including unnecessary attention from the POTUS.

EDIT: I hope you're right and this is over by then.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2017, 08:06 AM by BklynJag.)

Do you see the Hypocrisy?

Let's recap. 

Tim Tebow takes a knee for prayer and it's unacceptable. 

The Dallas Cowboys are not allowed to wear a decal honoring the five "murdered" Dallas Police Officers slaughtered for the crime of wearing a "Blue uniform". 

NFL Players told they couldn't wear 9/11 cleats to honor close to almost 3,000 victims which included well over 400 first responders, thousands working in NYC in the Twin Towers and all those passengers on flight 93 who bravely battled back against terrorists and lost their lives in doing so. 

None of those Patriotic, heartfelt tributes are allowed on the football field ... but ... this disrespectful, divisive kneeling during the National Anthem is allowed and condoned by many teams across the country and many owners as well as the NFL and Roger Goodell. 

Let that sink in. Now do something. Make the stadiums empty. You believe in this. Empty stadiums NO MONEY. ?? #NoMondayNightFootball

Calling for a National boycott of the NFL for Sunday November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend. 

Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. 

Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin. Continue with the weekly boycott of televised games. 
They need us more than we need them, without us there is no pay check.
#IStand
#rememberwepaytheirpaychecks

NFL also fines players for wearing pink cleats for breast cancer awareness and they do all kinds of stupid things. They fine players for wearing anything outside of the mandated uniform.

They don't do things specifically to be against patriotism. You're reaching hard dude. Not surprised though.

(09-26-2017, 08:21 AM)Frailbones Wrote: NFL also fines players for wearing pink cleats for breast cancer awareness and they do all kinds of stupid things. They fine players for wearing anything outside of the mandated uniform.

They don't do things specifically to be against patriotism. You're reaching hard dude. Not surprised though.

No they don't. I'm pretty sure the pink cleats are fine.

(09-26-2017, 08:41 AM)BklynJag Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 08:21 AM)Frailbones Wrote: NFL also fines players for wearing pink cleats for breast cancer awareness and they do all kinds of stupid things. They fine players for wearing anything outside of the mandated uniform.

No they don't. I'm pretty sure the pink cleats are fine.
Wrong.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13991...violations

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2017, 09:20 AM by The Real Marty.)

(09-25-2017, 07:54 PM)BklynJag Wrote: MARK YOUR CALENDARS! November 12th, on Veterans Day weekend, Americans will be boycotting Football en masse -- make sure to participate in getting the NFL's ratings to an all-time low.

Please spread this announcement everywhere and join our Facebook event --> http://bit.ly/2jXWZU1

#BoycottTheNFL

I will be attending, enough is enough.

Seems like a rather extreme overreaction to me.  You should realize, you're allowing someone else to drive you away from something you like.  You're allowing a few NFL players who aren't breaking any laws to drive you away from football.  Why give them that power over you?  Personally, I love NFL football about a thousand times more than I dislike a few players taking a knee during the national anthem.

What would it take for me to boycott football? A hell of a lot more than this.

Aw jeez, I was hoping we had another rapture date.

(09-26-2017, 08:49 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 08:41 AM)BklynJag Wrote: No they don't. I'm pretty sure the pink cleats are fine.
Wrong.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13991...violations

That was for unsanctioned eye-black, not pink cleats. The NFL provides sanctioned pink cleats, towels, flags, ribboned footballs, etc. for their "A Crucial Catch" program.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(09-25-2017, 10:21 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 10:13 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: I don't want guesses. I'm wondering if I'm missing something. 

That you actually believe this is why you cannot be taken seriously.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]