Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
November 12th.......Mark your calendars

(09-25-2017, 07:54 PM)BklynJag Wrote: MARK YOUR CALENDARS! November 12th, on Veterans Day weekend, Americans will be boycotting Football en masse -- make sure to participate in getting the NFL's ratings to an all-time low.

Please spread this announcement everywhere and join our Facebook event --> http://bit.ly/2jXWZU1

#BoycottTheNFL

I will be attending, enough is enough.

I, for one, will miss the rosy outlook and thoughtful insights you bring to the board every game day.

Will this protest be restricted to Veterans Day, or will your sincere patriotic fervor inspire a season long boycott of the game you love?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-26-2017, 09:48 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 08:49 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Wrong.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13991...violations

That was for unsanctioned eye-black, not pink cleats. The NFL provides sanctioned pink cleats, towels, flags, ribboned footballs, etc. for their "A Crucial Catch" program.
My bad. Purple cleats. Gay got fined for wearing purple cleats.

(09-25-2017, 07:54 PM)BklynJag Wrote: MARK YOUR CALENDARS! November 12th, on Veterans Day weekend, Americans will be boycotting Football en masse -- make sure to participate in getting the NFL's ratings to an all-time low.

Please spread this announcement everywhere and join our Facebook event --> http://bit.ly/2jXWZU1

#BoycottTheNFL

I have a different option.  No fan enter the stadium until after the National Anthem.  Everyone stand out side with hands over hearts and enter when the Anthem is over.  That might send a message and at the same time does not deprive fans of the game they love.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

I'll be at the stadium.

I'll be watching Jaguar football because, well I'm a Jaguar fan. Bklyn, get a life. You seem like a hateful person.

(09-26-2017, 10:56 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: I'll be watching Jaguar football because, well I'm a Jaguar fan.  Bklyn, get a life.  You seem like a hateful person.

Lol, how am I a hateful person?

Cause I'm standing up for what s right.  I'm a Jaguars fan also  but the entire NFL disappointed me this weekend.

(09-26-2017, 11:45 AM)BklynJag Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 10:56 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: I'll be watching Jaguar football because, well I'm a Jaguar fan.  Bklyn, get a life.  You seem like a hateful person.

Cause I'm standing up for what s right.  I'm a Jaguars fan also  but the entire NFL disappointed me this weekend.
You're standing up for what you believe in. Not what's right. 

And you can do whatever you want but the NFL and the Jags will move right along with or without you.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2017, 11:53 AM by Adam2012.)

(09-25-2017, 10:21 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 10:13 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: I don't want guesses. I'm wondering if I'm missing something. 

Did these "protests" start to protest the flag? The anthem? Veterans? America?

The method of protest was directed at the Flag and the national anthem, also the greater message of the protest (if you can get to it) is based on the idea that America is a dirty rotten place filled with racist sexist homophobe bigot good time rock and rollers.  There are a lot of people who think that the anthem and the flag are not appropriate targets of derision and who think that the country that allows our beloved intellectual leaders to play in publicly financed stadiums exempt from anti trust laws and taxation is actually a pretty cool place to live.

Really nice job of putting words in the mouths of others. You could work for the Trump administration!

Good thing no one pays attention to such childishness.

(09-26-2017, 11:45 AM)BklynJag Wrote:

I don't think you're hateful. I just think you're insecure. You don't want to step away from the majority; from the group think. It's scary out there.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

man, screw that, I'll be watching football because the Jags are good now and they going to the playoffs and the Super Bowl.

Wow, there's currently a boycott Jags event set up for the next next home game against the rams at Everbank. Its on Facebook. A lot of people going so to boycott.

This is what I didn't want the Jags to kneel. Now they will have to deal with the consequences.

(09-26-2017, 01:53 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Wow, there's currently a boycott Jags event set up for the next next home game against the rams at Everbank. Its on Facebook. A lot of people going so to boycott.

This is what I didn't want the Jags to kneel. Now they will have to deal with the consequences.

If they roll into town 4-1 we will see how much resolve the boycotters have.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

yup, 4-1 record, they'll be too much hype. Playoffs and Super Bowl bound baby.

(09-26-2017, 01:53 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Wow, there's currently a boycott Jags event set up for the next next home game against the rams at Everbank. Its on Facebook. A lot of people going so to boycott.

It will be a few folks that never had or will ever have any intention to purchase a ticket and attend a Jags game. It will be zero loss to the organization. Possibly organized bought and payed for shills.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-26-2017, 03:09 PM)Jagwired Wrote:

It will be a few folks that never had or will ever have any intention to purchase a ticket and attend a Jags game. It will be zero loss to the organization. Possibly organized bought and payed for shills.

I am not so sure that it will be just a few folks. The four people that sit to my right at the stadium (two couples) have told me they will not be renewing their season tickets next year, and at least one of the couples stated that they will not attend any of the rest of this year's games, despite having already paid for them. Three of the four are veterans. Maybe they will change their minds, although I doubt it.

For the record, I am a season ticket holder and plan to keep attending the games.

(09-26-2017, 04:51 PM)Gettin\ Jaggy with it Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 03:09 PM)Jagwired Wrote: It will be a few folks that never had or will ever have any intention to purchase a ticket and attend a Jags game. It will be zero loss to the organization. Possibly organized bought and payed for shills.

I am not so sure that it will be just a few folks. The four people that sit to my right at the stadium (two couples) have told me they will not be renewing their season tickets next year, and at least one of the couples stated that they will not attend any of the rest of this year's games, despite having already paid for them. Three of the four are veterans. Maybe they will change their minds, although I doubt it.

Did they say that they're not renewing purely because of the anthem protests?

(09-26-2017, 05:13 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 04:51 PM)Gettin\ Jaggy with it Wrote: I am not so sure that it will be just a few folks. The four people that sit to my right at the stadium (two couples) have told me they will not be renewing their season tickets next year, and at least one of the couples stated that they will not attend any of the rest of this year's games, despite having already paid for them. Three of the four are veterans. Maybe they will change their minds, although I doubt it.

Did they say that they're not renewing purely because of the anthem protests?

Yes.

Jags vs San Diego

Where was Trump 4 years ago .... I would have gladly boycotted the NFL over the past 4 years.  Instead, I took a machete to my gut each and every Sunday that I entered Everbank Stadium !!!

[Image: 154154-157902.jpg?itok=AikEc13h]

(09-26-2017, 04:51 PM)Gettin\ Jaggy with it Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 03:09 PM)Jagwired Wrote: It will be a few folks that never had or will ever have any intention to purchase a ticket and attend a Jags game. It will be zero loss to the organization. Possibly organized bought and payed for shills.

For the record, I am a season ticket holder and plan to keep attending the games.

Agreed. The post on fb has a lot of comments saying they looking forward to protesting at stadium.

(09-26-2017, 05:23 PM)Gettin\ Jaggy with it Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 05:13 PM)TJBender Wrote: Did they say that they're not renewing purely because of the anthem protests?

Yes.

Then I look forward to getting a deal on their seats.

#BoycottTheNFL

I have my regular 2 season tickets and will have family in town that weekend and will be buying 4 more tickets for that game.  As usual I will also DVR the game and watch the telecast.

By the way, I am a veteran myself and while I don't agree with the league's way of addressing this whole issue nor the manner that some players choose to "protest", I do support and believe in their right to do so.

Have fun with your petty little Facebook boycott event.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.