Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - J.J. Watt doesn't care that he hasn't sacked a QB yet

J.J. Watt doesn't care that he hasn't sacked a QB yet

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...d-a-qb-yet

Dating back to last season, J.J. Watt has failed to sack a QB in four straight games played. But the Houston Texans pass rusher isn't overly concerned.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's averaging 4 tackles a game. He's not the player he was even 2 years ago.

And people laughed at me when I said he would never be the same guy after back surgery....Just like Tiger Woods.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2017, 12:08 PM by Bullseye.)

(09-28-2017, 09:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: And people laughed at me when I said he would never be the same guy after back surgery....Just like Tiger Woods.

For the record, I did not.

I too was concerned that his back injury could keep him from being the same player.

That said, that no sack thing could change quickly.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-28-2017, 12:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 09:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: And people laughed at me when I said he would never be the same guy after back surgery....Just like Tiger Woods.

For the record, I did not.

I too was concerned that his back injury could keep him from being the same player.

That said, that no sack thing could change quickly.

It also doesn't help that the divisions two punching bags, the titans and Jags have figured out how to game plan to stop it.

He's still got the colts, though, could get a couple against them.

Yet... highest paid non QB (or he was at time he signed deal). That kind of mis-allocation of $$ vs talent does hurt the Texans.

At this point in the season, it really doesn't matter.  He's still a "threat" and teams still have to account for him every week.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-28-2017, 08:57 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: At this point in the season, it really doesn't matter.  He's still a "threat" and teams still have to account for him every week.

Yep.  He's still capable of being disruptive in my mind, even if his back precludes him from being what he once was.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'm still sticking with my prediction that he retires at end of this year or end of next year. The guy probably has other interests he would like to pursue, and being a shadow of your former-self is no fun for any athlete in any sport.

I think he will get some before the season is over, but its clear he isn't the guy he was before. But at the same time, this has kind of been a down year for the Texans D anyway.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

There is no doubt he will never be the force he was which is unfortunate since he has been fun to watch for years.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

If y'all have actually watched the last two games he's been a force. Y'all just remember week 1. The guy is still drawing double and triple teams and is still disruptive as hell. He barely did crap during the offseason and preseason (mainly because I think the Texans know they screwed up by thinking he was superman last season and could just bounce back after that surgery). Lol but don't freaking kid yourselves..he's still there and it showed week 2 and 3..he's slowly working himself back into football shape since he was pretty much absent.

He may never be a 16 to 18 sack player, but how the hell many players ever are? I mean come on.. but put the game tape on of the last two weeks. The lack of a sack stat wasn't due to a diminished player. The explosion is coming back and looked back. Only question now is, how long it'll hold up previous injury, but the explosion and speed is there.

(09-29-2017, 12:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm still sticking with my prediction that he retires at end of this year or end of next year. The guy probably has other interests he would like to pursue, and being a shadow of your former-self is no fun for any athlete in any sport.

God, I'm going to love this thread in a few weeks...shadow of his former self. Ok. Y'all read way to much into stats. Watch the explosion, it's there now and has only got better. He basically just finished week 3 of preseason.. Texans have been extremely cautious with him.

I bet he finishes with double digit sacks this season..any one want to take that avatar bet? Especially now that we have Watson who can put up points. Any takers? Y'all said he's finished right?

And no way in hell would he retire at the end of this season unless another back injury happens..

(10-01-2017, 12:18 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(09-29-2017, 12:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm still sticking with my prediction that he retires at end of this year or end of next year. The guy probably has other interests he would like to pursue, and being a shadow of your former-self is no fun for any athlete in any sport.

God, I'm going to love this thread in a few weeks...shadow of his former self. Ok. Y'all read way to much into stats. Watch the explosion, it's there now and has only got better. He basically just finished week 3 of preseason.. Texans have been extremely cautious with him.

I bet he finishes with double digit sacks this season..any one want to take that avatar bet? Especially now that we have Watson who can put up points. Any takers? Y'all said he's finished right?

And no way in hell would he retire at the end of this season unless another back injury happens..

I'll take the avatar bet.  he will not make double digit sacks.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

When Bill Belichick makes sure that EVERY PLAY he is triple or double-teamed, I'll just bow down to that superior knowledge.

I didn't catch the game but looked at stat line. Did Watt play today? Being serious.

(10-01-2017, 09:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I didn't catch the game but looked at stat line. Did Watt play today? Being serious.

oh you just wait!

lol

(10-01-2017, 01:20 AM)realtorpat Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 12:18 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: God, I'm going to love this thread in a few weeks...shadow of his former self. Ok. Y'all read way to much into stats. Watch the explosion, it's there now and has only got better. He basically just finished week 3 of preseason.. Texans have been extremely cautious with him.

I'll take the avatar bet.  he will not make double digit sacks.

Guess you already won.

Watt still gets all kinds of publicity but mostly for off the field stuff. On the field he looks average. Whatever edge he had is gone.
No pain, no gain.

(10-08-2017, 10:48 PM)luigi Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 01:20 AM)realtorpat Wrote: I'll take the avatar bet.  he will not make double digit sacks.

Guess you already won.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDDo9cOioXuOUSj5NuxQR...0KmgWS1LcJ]

I'm thinking this one.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine