Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Statement From The Jaguars

Statement from the Jacksonville Jaguars players

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...7717fb61ee

The Jacksonville Jaguars players release a statement regarding last Sunday's protests.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: statement_JAGS.jpg]

Very well done.

I can get behind that..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Jaguars will stand for anthem on Sunday

http://jacksonville.com/sports/jaguars/2...hem-sunday

A week after 15 players took a knee during the “The Star Spangled Banner,” to protest President Trump’s comments about the NFL and its players, the Jaguars’ roster will stand for the national anthem before Sun

Looks like they all learned from Jerry Jones. Jerry Jones out smarted them all

Seems pretty damn simple to have not been done that way in the first place, with the first player that did it.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

It's their constitutional right, you or anyone doesn't like it is your personal opinion/problem not theirs.

praying? Lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]

And this is a great way to handle it that everyone can respect.
Fix the O-Line!

They started losing money lol. Knew a change was coming

(09-30-2017, 07:50 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: It's their constitutional right,  you or anyone doesn't like it is your personal opinion/problem not theirs.

Having a constitutional right means that the government cannot exact punishment or sanction against the person exercising the right.  It does not free that person from the consequences of other persons exercising their constitutional rights to disagree or criticize them.

People on all sides of any given debate need to learn this simple fact.
Fix the O-Line!

I think this is as well as it could have been handled given the controversy. It's difficult given this topic, but try to keep the political commentary to the political forum so we don't have to lock or move the thread.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

“Hey Jags? I burned all my Jags gear and..... can I... get a refund for that?”

Where's the hard eye roll emoji?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Jaguars will stand for national anthem on Sunday, team says

http://jacksonville.com/sports/jaguars/2...-team-says

A week after 15 players took a knee during the “The Star Spangled Banner,” to protest President Trump’s comments about the NFL and its players, the Jaguars’ roster will stand for the nationa

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2017, 10:23 PM by JagsorDie.)

I think it's a good gesture but comments under the article speak for themselves. I think some of the gestures that were done with good intentions may have an unintended impact on some of our fans. Probably not the brightest fans we had, but fans none the less. I think people are getting more butthurt about our players who took a knee because it was in another country.

Lovely, can we just get back to football. Jags are finally winning yet people are still pissed. #becausejaguars

Honestly I think the people who are still upset after the statement are just still-resentful Tebow fans who've never gotten over the fact that their favorite son wasn't signed by the team and now have an excuse to vent their frustrations.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-30-2017, 10:24 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Honestly I think the people who are still upset after the statement are just still-resentful Tebow fans who've never gotten over the fact that their favorite son wasn't signed by the team and now have an excuse to vent their frustrations.

Hot take there.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I like the people who say they are going to take a knee on the NFL. Yeah we are going to take to a knee because of the other people taking a knee. Let's protest against the protesters. Wooooo.

I don't even know why we are doing it anymore. I was just happy we won. But now the jags apparently suck for a whole new reason that according to some people, they cannot fix lol.

Can't we all just come together like the old days and blame gene smith?