Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars statement on inequality

(10-03-2017, 06:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
MalabarJag pid=' dateline= Wrote:If you want to claim that something is unfair then it's you who has to show the statistics. 

I have no idea the racial percentages of jobs for people with college degrees, but any such statistics would have to include the type of degrees and the quality of work a person performs after getting a job. If 90% of the graduates of group A have engineering degrees while 90% of the graduates of group B have degrees in women's studies, then I'd expect group A to have more and better paying jobs. That's true whether the groups are based on race, gender, height, or number of children.

I sincerely doubt that, in this age of government-mandated diversity, where every company over 50 employees has to file an annual report on the racial makeup of its employees, that there wouldn't be a better job market for qualified minority job applicants. Even without government meddling hiring the most qualified applicant irregardless of race just makes good business sense.

Every company over 50 employees has to file an annual report on the racial makeup of its employees?  For real?  I have never heard that.   Can you provide a link to that rule?  Until just a couple of years ago, I ran a company of 70 employees and I never encountered any kind of " government mandated diversity."

To be clear, if there was such a rule, I would be totally against it.  Our company is completely diverse, because we are always desperate to hire the best people regardless of race or gender or sexual orientation.  And that's the way it should be.  If some other company discriminates, that would give me a competitive edge in the competition for great employees.  That's the free market at work.  

But I've never encountered any "government mandated diversity" as you allege.

My mistake, it was 100, not 50. That does not change my argument.

https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/reporting.cfm

And I agree that discrimination is a competitive disadvantage, a point I made my last sentence.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Messages In This Thread
Jaguars statement on inequality - by EricC85 - 09-30-2017, 08:55 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by EricC85 - 09-30-2017, 09:23 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by EricC85 - 09-30-2017, 10:02 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by EricC85 - 09-30-2017, 10:38 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by EricC85 - 09-30-2017, 10:58 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by MalabarJag - 10-03-2017, 09:46 AM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by jj82284 - 10-01-2017, 09:38 AM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by EricC85 - 10-02-2017, 07:00 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by JackCity - 09-30-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by EricC85 - 09-30-2017, 11:16 PM
RE: Jaguars statement on inequality - by JackCity - 10-01-2017, 12:34 AM