Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 6 Games Of Interest

Thursday, October 5th
8:00 pm - #17 Louisville at #24 NC State
Nice Thursday night game. NC St has a stout run D and it's always fun watching future Jag Lamar Jackson! 

Saturday, October 7th
3:30 pm - #23 West Virginia at #8 TCU
TCU playing really well right now.

3:30 pm - #13 Miami at FSU
Always a big one when these two meet. One of those throw out the record and rankings type games.

3:30 pm - LSU at #21 Florida
One of two games in a row at the swamp against LSU. LSU just looks really bad offensively. Loaded with talent on both sides but struggling. Florida found their work horse in Davis. 

7:30 pm - Michigan State at #7 Michigan
See Miami at FSU

What else whets your appetite?
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow ..... FSU v Miami isn't Prime Time? Thought for sure that would be a 7:30 pm game.

UCF cracked the top 25 with a shellacking of Memphis 40-13, giving them a late td at the end.

At Cincinnati at 8 pm on Saturday!

No kidding .... UCF and USF may be the best teams in Florida.

(10-02-2017, 01:34 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: No kidding .... UCF and USF may be the best teams in Florida.

Stop it!

(10-02-2017, 02:39 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 01:34 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: No kidding .... UCF and USF may be the best teams in Florida.

Stop it!

Why?  I know UCF would roll Florida.  UCF wouldn't be able to keep up.

(10-02-2017, 02:39 PM)Kane Wrote:

Stop it!

? FSU, with the Slim Reaper at QB barely beat Wake and got dominated by NC State

? UF, barely pulled out a game against Vandy who got crushed by 59 points vs Bama and barely beat TN who lost by 41 to UGA.

? Miami -- valid -- they may be at the top in the state.

(10-02-2017, 11:33 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Wow ..... FSU vs. Miami isn't Prime Time? Thought for sure that would be a 7:30 pm game.

Probably because FSU is terrible and has a freshman backup-level QB. They lost to an unranked team on Saturday.

It is weird though how games are scheduled. Ohio State at Rutgers was played at 7:30 and ended with a half-empty stadium.

(10-02-2017, 03:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 02:39 PM)Kane Wrote: Stop it!

? FSU, with the Slim Reaper at QB barely beat Wake and got dominated by NC State

? UF, barely pulled out a game against Vandy who got crushed by 59 points vs Bama and barely beat TN who lost by 41 to UGA.

? Miami -- valid -- they may be at the top in the state.

Slim reaper, I like it!

There may be truth to what you say...
but still...
stop lol

It hurts to think the pecking order in FL is so upside down right now lol

(10-03-2017, 12:29 PM)Kane Wrote: It hurts to think the pecking order in FL is so upside down right now LOL.

Meaning FSU should be #17 and Miami should be unranked? What about Florida at #21?

Miami at FSU should be a good one. Hope it's a close one. I don't want to have to flip over and watch the Gators get smoked by a sleeping giant named LSU.
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(10-04-2017, 11:43 AM)David4499 Wrote:  I don't want to have to flip over and watch the Gators get smoked by a sleeping giant named LSU.

Laughing

Oh.... LSU has been SLEEPING this season... that explains it.

Gators by 2 scores

(10-04-2017, 11:43 AM)David4499 Wrote: Miami at FSU should be a good one. Hope it's a close one. I don't want to have to flip over and watch the Gators get smoked by a sleeping giant named LSU.

Exactly how is LSU a sleeping "giant" after losing to Troy?

(10-04-2017, 11:43 AM)David4499 Wrote: Miami at FSU should be a good one. Hope it's a close one. I don't want to have to flip over and watch the Gators get smoked by a sleeping giant named LSU.

There are more issues then LSU just "sleeping"
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(10-04-2017, 04:10 PM)TravC59 Wrote:

There are more issues than LSU just "sleeping"

Injuries to key players? Bad coaching?

FSU/Miami is always a great college game to watch. I hope this year is no different. LSU/UF has the potential to be either very ugly early on or be a great matchup. LSU has talent, so at some point one would think they could put something together. They have been blown out by Miss State and beat down by Troy State. Surely that talent has to come together soon. Or else Ed and his binder will be gone.
But yeah, UCF and USF may be the best in the state right now. I have only watched Miami play once this year though. They looked stout.
For a football coach, there's nothing that matches the pain of a team not playing up to its capabilities- Joe Greene

(10-05-2017, 02:40 PM)GLuvsDawgs Wrote: FSU/Miami is always a great college game to watch. I hope this year is no different. LSU/UF has the potential to be either very ugly early on or be a great matchup. LSU has talent, so at some point one would think they could put something together. They have been blown out by Miss State and beat down by Troy State. Surely that talent has to come together soon. Or else Ed and his binder will be gone.
But yeah, UCF and USF may be the best in the state right now. I have only watched Miami play once this year though. They looked stout.

FSU/Miami is the NCAA's version of Steelers/Ravens: a big rivalry and rarely a blowout. Depending on the times other games are played, I sometimes watch it.

I am only worried about one LSU player: Arden Key. If he is what draft analysts think he is, whoever takes snaps (probably Feleipe Franks) will be in big trouble.

(10-02-2017, 08:36 AM)TravC59 Wrote: Thursday, October 5th
8:00 pm - #17 Louisville at #24 NC State
Nice Thursday night game. NC St has a stout run D and it's always fun watching future Jag Lamar Jackson! 

About that......

Undecided

(10-05-2017, 02:59 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 02:40 PM)GLuvsDawgs Wrote: FSU/Miami is always a great college game to watch. I hope this year is no different. LSU/UF has the potential to be either very ugly early on or be a great matchup. LSU has talent, so at some point one would think they could put something together. They have been blown out by Miss State and beat down by Troy State. Surely that talent has to come together soon. Or else Ed and his binder will be gone.

FSU/Miami is the NCAA's version of Steelers/Ravens: a big rivalry and rarely a blowout. Depending on the times other games are played, I sometimes watch it.

I am only worried about one LSU player: Arden Key. If he is what draft analysts think he is, whoever takes snaps (probably Feleipe Franks) will be in big trouble.

Franks played HS ball at a little school just south of here (here being Tallahassee). He is a really really good athlete. They gotta put a little weight on him so he can take the hits.
For a football coach, there's nothing that matches the pain of a team not playing up to its capabilities- Joe Greene

(10-06-2017, 11:52 AM)GLuvsDawgs Wrote: Franks played HS ball at a little school just south of here (here being Tallahassee). He is a really really good athlete. They gotta put a little weight on him so he can take the hits.

Del Rio is the one who has a hard time with taking hits. I am not worried about Franks staying healthy.