Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RIP Tom Petty - Heart Attack Claims Gainesville's Own

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2017, 03:58 PM by The Drifter.)

I wasn't a big fan of his but 66 Years Old is too freaking young to pass on

Always sad to hear about an artist being lost
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2017, 04:01 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

today pretty much sucks !!

RIP
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Celebrity deaths don't register with me much, but I'm a big Tom Petty fan. Hurricane said it right.

(10-02-2017, 04:01 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: today pretty much sucks !!

There's no "pretty much" about it.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I recently watched The Defiant Ones on HBO and there was some stuff on Petty that was very interesting. Always loved the mans music. RIP.

Now CBS's report is being contested by TMZ. According to them, Petty is apparently still clinging to life. If true, CBS is having a really bad day today having to fire one of their attorneys earlier today, and now retract this story reporting someone who is not dead as having assumed room temperature.

Unless Petty rose from the dead, it sounds like they might have jumped the gun.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

As of right now he's still alive. Someone jumped the gun on it.

The 24hr news cycle is going to be the death of journalism.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

C'mon Tom.. Get well duder

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Damn.

Just...damn. Hang in there, Tom.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Too soon?

Rip.

Well they say now that his condition is unknown. But no word on if he is on or off life support per USA Today!
Ready for April Showers, Easter, Spring Fever!

Looks like it's been confirmed by his manager. RIP, Tom.

https://mobile.twitter.com/latimes/statu...0937101312

Yeah, it sounds like they kept him on life support long enough to get family and friends there.

So many great songs, and a hilarious voice actor too. He will be missed.

I've been typing tributes, deleting, starting over again and again, but find myself at a loss for words to properly express how I feel about Tom Petty and his music.

I saw him live three times, starting each with the jangle guitar notes of best opener ever, American Girl, had the good sense to step back and let the crowd sing the chorus to Breakdown, chased Alice in Wonderland characters around a tree and sing his [BLEEP] heart out every song of every show. He was still writing quality music until his death, and I'm kicking myself for missing Mudcrutch at the Ryman Auditorium this past May.

RIP Tom Petty. I'm really going to miss you.

[Image: L4JWgOm.jpg]
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I wasn't a big fan of his music, but I always admired his talent as a songwriter. "Don't Come Around Here No More" is my favorite song from him. I distinctly remember the day that song was released. I was home from school with chicken pox which I got way later than other kids, so it was much worse. I'm watching MTV while in a fever dream state and on comes the world premier of that video. I thought, damn, I'm really sick, I don't think I'm going to make it.

This is amazing. A wonderful tribute to a hometown celebrity.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/10.../23236189/