Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike McCarthy on the hot seat?

Quote:Ted Thompson's ability to retain a lot of good players is one reason the decision to Josh Sitton shocked everyone. I always liked him for that and thought the Sitton cut was a huge mistake.Obviously the Peppers and Woodson signings were grand slams. Unfortunately his failure to make similar moves on the offense bit him in the butt. When a WR is the starting and leading rusher you know RB should be a top priority in the next draft.

What is worse, trailing a terrible Colts team at home 30-13 before closing the gap or allowing 47 points at Tennessee, including 21 in the first quarter? Both games were embarrassing.

The Josh Sitton release was indeed shocking.   Most likely though,  it was non football playing related.   There easily could have been locker room issues that Ted Thompson and co. felt they had to act on.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

All of the reports hinted at money issues. but I don't know anything about that.

PFT had an article several hours ago that also believes Mike McCarthy's days in Green Bay as HC are likely numbered:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...implosion/

Quote:All of the reports hinted at money issues. but I don't know anything about that.

That's different than what I saw.  At least one of the reports mentioned a racial issue involving Josh Sitton.

Quote:That's different than what I saw. At least one of the reports mentioned a racial issue involving Josh Sitton.

OMG that is insane. Josh Sitton has always had black teammates. How could a racial issue crop up after more than 10 years with the team?

Quote:OMG that is insane. Josh Sitton has always had black teammates. How could a racial issue crop up after more than 10 years with the team?

Check out the following and take it for what it's worth.   Though the first part of the article mentions the contract factor that you touched on;

http://www.wtmj.com/sports/green-bay-pac...atmosphere

Editor's note: A Twitter-verified reporter from Huffington Post, Justin Schultz, tweeted that a confrontation between Sitton and defensive back Ha Ha Clinton-Dix "got racial." He has since deleted that tweet. Read it below.

Wow. That was definitely a good reason to let him go.

Quote:Wow. That was definitely a good reason to let him go.

If the racial comment did indeed happen,  that probably was what ultimately put the Packers over the top in terms of their decision to release Josh Sitton.   Especially,  if he was already causing disharmony in the locker room.

Quote:If the racial comment did indeed happen, that probably was what ultimately put the Packers over the top in terms of their decision to release Josh Sitton. Especially, if he was already causing disharmony in the locker room.

That would be a lot worse than the reported dsharmony between Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers. Fortunately cutting a player is much easier than firing a coach.

Quote:That would be a lot worse than the reported dsharmony between Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers. Fortunately cutting a player is much easier than firing a coach.

Both are bad for a team.  Though one can certainly make the case that the Josh Sitton if it played itself out this way was worse for the Packers,  if a HC and Franchise QB are far from being on the same page,  that certainly can have major negative ramifications for the team.

Quote:I still don't understand why he got an extension.

Drugs will mess you up real good.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Drugs will mess you up real good.

We don't know if drugs have anything to do with it.

They reeeeeeally don't like McCarthy right now. 

Not sure he would be the very best option for the Jags, but I do think he will be available.